Coffee giving me nausea

RobertMichael

Coffee triggers nausea and upsets my stomach. Diet wise I’m doing oj, milk, white sugar, too much muscle meat, fruit here and there. Appetite and digestion aren’t very good, but coffee always destroys me, I have it with milk and sugar too. Milk with sugar can trigger mild nausea by itself if I gulp down a big cold glass quickly, if I consume it slower, the nausea is lessened significantly. Any ideas?

mostlylurking

Coffee triggers nausea and upsets my stomach. Diet wise I’m doing oj, milk, white sugar, too much muscle meat, fruit here and there. Appetite and digestion aren’t very good, but coffee always destroys me, I have it with milk and sugar too. Milk with sugar can trigger mild nausea by itself if I gulp down a big cold glass quickly, if I consume it slower, the nausea is lessened significantly. Any ideas?
coffee blocks/depletes thiamine. If you are deficient in thiamine coffee would make it worse.

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

The stomach problems are persisting which is a bit unusual. Usually it subsides quicker. But I haven’t had coffee in a while and I had a ton, and had PUFAs recently, but it always seems to happen regardless to a lesser degree

mostlylurking

How would I determine if I’m deficient?
Well, the way I figured out that I had a major problem with thiamine deficiency/functional blockage is that I took some (around 300mg thiamine hcl, with water). Within 45 minutes, all my inflammatory pain disappeared and my temperature went up a full degree to 98.6.

Here's a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

and here's an article about testing for thiamine deficiency:

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

Well, the way I figured out that I had a major problem with thiamine deficiency/functional blockage is that I took some (around 300mg thiamine hcl, with water). Within 45 minutes, all my inflammatory pain disappeared and my temperature went up a full degree to 98.6.

Here's a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

and here's an article about testing for thiamine deficiency:

I suppose I’ll try some just to see.

mostlylurking

I suppose I’ll try some just to see.
I tried it originally because I remembered that @haidut had said that thiamine will resolve lactic acidosis which I had. It worked like a charm and the results of that experiment put me the right direction to understanding what was wrong with my health. However, according to what I've read, sometimes it takes quite a while of taking it before improvement is seen. I'd like to suggest that you research thiamine yourself. I've posted quite a bit about thiamine on the forum.

My favorite sources for information about thiamine are: Elliot Overton's youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/playlists (there's a thiamine playlist), Dr. Chandler Marrs You searched for thiamine - Hormones Matter, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale You searched for Dr Derrick Lonsdale - Hormones Matter, and Dr. Costantini HIGH-D0SE THIAMINE (HDT) THERAPY for Parkinson's Disease

ALS

I felt pukey after eating a duck egg a few years ago and found out I had NAFLD. I attribute that to long term dieting (lack of sufficient protein) and avoiding sugar / fruit. You might want to check your liver / gall bladder / intestinal area. Blood work and physical exam / ultrasound if necessary.

mostlylurking

Great! Just be sure you separate the thiamine from the coffee by at a minimum of 30 minutes; an hour would probably be better.

Giraffe

You could try a different brand of coffee. My observation is that some people do better (stomachwise) with coffee that has a higher fat content (as in there are grease drops floating on it.)

As to the milk ... I had problems with milk during a period when my digestion was quite bad. I could tolerate tiny amounts at a time and my impression was that I tolerated it a bit better with sugar added, but I am not sure. When I overdid on the milk my gut revolted. I needed the grated carrot quite a few times back than. The problem with the milk resolved when my digestion improved.

T

tca300

Coffee is seed water. Seeds are notorious for causing digestive disturbances. Also, it stimulates bowel movements in most people. Stimulating movements without being able to :toiletclaw ( constipated ) can, in my experience, cause nausea. If you've eaten something earlier that you're sensitive to, bowel stimulation can cause nausea as well. I'm probably wrong though.

Vileplume

My observation is that some people do better (stomachwise) with coffee that has a higher fat content (as in there are grease drops floating on it.)
Interesting observation. I wonder why this would be. Maybe those diterpenes play some role in coffee’s other compounds getting assimilated better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals