CO2 is good for me? WHAT?

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I am so lost. There are concepts on this forum that just don't make sense. now I am reading co2 is good for you and better than Nitric Oxide? So you are telling me all these people running around with masks during and after the pandemic are actually benefitting their health?

Should I be wearing a cloth mask like the one I was forced to during the pandemic to boost CO2?

sphenoid

It’s better to briefly breathe into a paper bag or into your hands vs wearing something all day, you don’t necessarily want to restrict oxygen intake for long periods of time. Masks have a number of secondary effects such as disrupting the movement of cranial bones and jamming the mandible back into the skull —impinging numerous important nerves and blood vessels in the region. Also unless you wash the mask religiously you are probably going to have bacterial and mold growth that you end up breathing in directly.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
No don’t ever wear a mask.
I do a 4x4 method a few times a day. When calm and relaxed… breathe in for a four count, hold the breath for a 4 count, exhale for a 4 count , hold 4 . . . .
Repeat.
Do this four times.
All living things require co2.
💨

PopSocket

Nitric oxide is extremely bad if it stays elevated for long. read about reactive nitrogen species (RNS) and Peroxynitrite (PNT).

Only retards wear masks. There are so many problems with them that slightly elevated CO2 does not cut it.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
okay thank you this makes sense. Because for the past 3 years I have been 100% anti mask thinking they are ridiculous but then I get to this forum and start reading about how co2 is good for you.

PopSocket

okay thank you this makes sense. Because for the past 3 years I have been 100% anti mask thinking they are ridiculous but then I get to this forum and start reading about how co2 is good for you.
co2 is really good, does so many things when it comes to circulation and oxygenation, also prevents AGEs (advanced glycation products) formation so it is anti aging. But as everything else its about balance. If one is having serious lung issues, co2 can raise too much and cause death for example due to damaged gas exchange mechanism.

edit: as @Dapose said the 4x4 breathing method is really effective for calming the system down. You can try it when under stress and see what profound positive effect it has on the whole system essentially removing stress which is what destroys us.

Last edited:

Gawdawg

No don’t ever wear a mask.
I do a 4x4 method a few times a day. When calm and relaxed… breathe in for a four count, hold the breath for a 4 count, exhale for a 4 count , hold 4 . . . .
Repeat.
Do this four times.
All living things require co2.
💨
Interesting practice. I'm going to give it a go.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I am so lost. There are concepts on this forum that just don't make sense. now I am reading co2 is good for you and better than Nitric Oxide? So you are telling me all these people running around with masks during and after the pandemic are actually benefitting their health?

Should I be wearing a cloth mask like the one I was forced to during the pandemic to boost CO2?
Yes, wearing a cloth mask would be good to boost co2 in your system, but things are not absolutely good or absolutely bad for you. Some things come very close to being absolutely good or absolutely bad for you. Ever heard when people say something effectively has no benefit?

Downsides of wearing a mask outweigh the benefit of having more co2 in your system by far.
You understand what I mean? Relativity is the reality in which we live in and its bound by absolutes.
But now that I am thinking, maybe you could make a mask for yourself which wouldn't have any downsides like the ones people wrote in posts above.😁 Just to have more co2 in the system.
Now, people are traumatized by this mask thing and when they read what I wrote they are going to get triggered and go after me all guns blazing.

What do you think?

Snicky

Interesting practice. I'm going to give it a go.
It’s a well-known technique for stress/anxiety relief called ‘box breathing’ where you imagine each breath or hold as a side of a box that you visualize in your head and perimeter of which you trace around.

But I had the same thought as you about the masks when I first got here, like ‘What!?!’ 😂

purple pill

Cant see masks raising co2 much, lungs expel about 4-5 litres of air at rest(guestimate), the mask may trap about max of 200ml of co2 from exhalation. Compared to say bag breathing for a few minutes its a drop in the bucket. I frequently wear one for work while sanding, all it does is make breathing more restrictive.

GTW

A foolish consistency is the Hobgoblin of little minds... Emerson.
What is this foolishness? CO2 is\isn't good for you. NO is\isn't good for you.
OOOMMMMM
Chill out. Prolonged exhale with vibration stimulate parasympathetic CO2 receptors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals