Bringing Back Gbolduev. Great Results In Regards To CO2

Broco6679

@Broco6679 I believe his hairline was always a bit receded, but had great hair quality and he can rock a long hair style.
There is also a possibility that he cycled low dose steroids. It's debatable how he can achieve such muscle fulness at 7% bodyfat, though he has been training for 10+ years.
What I find remarkable is how is he able to maintain high hormones / Testosterone with spending so much time at under 10% bodyfat.
He claims doing strategic refeeds circumvent this.
He is also pretty much about flexible dieting / IIFYM style of eating.
Gotta also consider that
  • He likely lives a stimulating, dopamine enriched lifestyle. Being rich and having your own mansion is fun.
  • Likely low stress levels
  • IF is likely his only big stressor in his life
  • He only lifts 3 times / week.

Agree with everything you wrote.

mrchibbs

Bit random but I found an old Kinobody video today where he gets a hormone panel ran. Can find the video here for those interested.

His results:
Testosterone: 23 nmol/l (7.6 - 31.4)
Prolactin: 11 ug/L (< 18)
Estradiol: 95 (< 224)
Progesterone: 2.7 nmol/L (0.7 - 4.3)

Pretty interesting. Average testosterone, average estrogen, average prolactin, but very high progesterone for a male. The mean male progesterone according to the little data we have is 1.2 +/- 0.23 nmol/L, with my own prog usually falling around 1.4 nmol/L everytime I've had it checked. All whilst maintaining an extremely low body fat percentage.

The general consensus re: hairloss on this sub is high endogenous progesterone = good hair, and whilst I think he does have some mild recession, his hair is still very dense, especially considering the years of intermittent fasting, living off chipotle, lots of drinking and partying, etc, etc.

A stimulating life will increase progesterone levels. I think Ray has talked about that before, it's clearly seen in rats. He does have youthful skin and progestogenic characteristics if I can say so.

GorillaHead

I will say this. The idea of having high blood c02 being good does not align with alot of what i have found out for example my c02 levels are highest now then they ever were and my hair was way better when my c02 serum levels were lower.

also consider this in cushings diseases people have very high c02 blood serum. This disease ages you fast. Causes fat gain and hairloss.

on the other hand C02 levels in addisons disease are low and this disease often has people with better hair and they look alot more youthful.

Gbolduev may be on to something.

Broco6679

on the other hand C02 levels in addisons disease are low and this disease often has people with better hair and they look alot more youthful.

My hair took a nose dive when my health tanked and my serum cortisol dropped well below range. My co2 was in the bottom quarter of the range too.

yerrag

What makes sense to you? It's just confused drivel. Essentially, what he is saying is that hyperventilation increases your metabolism/CO2 production, and that high Co2 levels in the blood will somehow inhibit metabolism/CO2 production inside the cell.

If he is referring to bicarbonate instead of CO2, he could be right.

If bicarbonate levels are very high, it could mean it's needed to be high to balance the high 'non-carbonic acid' acidic content of blood arising from a metabolism that produces too much lactic acid (glycolysis instead of mitochondrial respiration) and keto acids (from a heavy reliance on fatty acid oxidation).

Blood test for bicarbonate is also referred to as serum CO2 test, which creates confusion. Serum bicarbonate is not serum CO2, even if bicarbonate can be converted into CO2 by the carbonic anhydrase enzyme. However, when there is too much acidity from lactic and keto acids in the blood, the bicarbonate will not be converted to CO2, because it increases serum acidity (in the form of carbonic acid). There is no room for carbonic acid. And there is little CO2 in the blood. But there can be plenty of bicarbonate.

The bicarbonate can convert to CO2 and carbonic acid readily when lactic acid and keto acid levels subside. This happens when the kidneys excrete acids and these acids are not replenished by a dysfunctional metabolism (that produces a lot of lactic acids and keto acids). So it's important to shift metabolism back to what it should be - mitochondrial respiration.

By how one breathes, one can tell how poor one's metabolism is.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Seeing runners with lots of hair means nothing

Have you seen guys with little hair who start running and get it back?

Pretty sure if running caused hair regrowth, we would hear it from all the runners online by now.

Vegancrossfit

Anecdotally been using an LLLT cap - 30 minutes every day, olive skin here so from studies I’ve read I decided to use it more upon reading testimonies that recommended it. The stuff gets me some nice sweats and hair sprouting. I also had great hair when gyms weren’t closed and I could go get a pump every day + a nice 10 minutes in the steam room. Massive shedding last winter.

So there might be a lot of merit to the whole Topic of improving Blood flow. Being sedentary undoubtedly is detrimental for proper vascular function