Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

Despite eating way more calories and more often. I still feel depleted. Deficient in something as well as the dehydration. No idea what it is though.

OP
C

Callmestar

The drop in temperate weather wise won't have helped either I suppose. Heading in to winter hear in the UK. I'm always worse in terms of symptoms in the winter when it's cold, again probably indicating it's metabolism. Symptoms started after a water fast in cold weather as well.

Debating just waking the heating up full blast constantly and wearing warm clothing/hats in doors. I assume this should help?

LLight

A "shot in the dark": do you eat lots of greens?
And if it's not the case, have you tried it once?

LLight

No, I don't eat many greens nowadays. Willing to try anything, what's your idea behind it?
Two things :
- greens contain vitamin K1 (I think you supplemented with K2 on my advice but @Amazoniac thinks that supplementing K1 with K2 is better, which is not totally clear to me but it seems he has read a lot about it). Vitamin K, as I already hypothesized in this thread, could help for dehydration/osmotic stress ;
- greens might contain vitamin D1 which could be therapeutic for wathever the deep cause of your problem is.

I am convinced that avitaminosis associated with a deficiency of vitamin D1 in human blood may be responsible for certain hitherto incurable human diseases, especially those related to impaired nerve functions and somatic growth, aberrant cell regeneration or formation of malignant tumours.

Namely, sunshine increases the photosynthesis of vitamin D1 in the green leaves of plants.

Last edited:

LLight

OP
C

Callmestar

This will probably sound crazy, and I know it's not really a Peat style food but I've randomly had KFC twice in the few months. First time a few months ago and the following day or so I felt much more balanced and replenished. I didn't pay it too much attention as I'm not keen on regularly eating junk, but I had KFC again last night, months after the last time, and again, weirdly today I have woken up feeling more replenished / less depleted.

There's nothing in the KFC meal other than the fried chicken that I wouldn't typically eat. So the only thing different is the fried chicken......again, this may sound crazy but what in KFC chicken specifically could be making me feel a bit better temporarily?

Last edited:

Peatful

This will probably sound crazy, and I know it's not really a Peat style food but I've randomly had KFC twice in the few months. First time a few months ago and the follow day or so I felt much more balanced and replenished. I didn't pay it too much attention as I'm not keen on regularly eating junk, but I had KFC again last night, months after the last time, and again, weirdly today I have woken up feeling more replenished / less depleted.

There's nothing in the KFC meal other than the fried chicken that I wouldn't typically eat. So the only thing different is the fried chicken......again, this may sound crazy but what in KFC chicken specifically could be making me feel a bit better

At work. Must be brief.

I had this phenomenon on my restoration journey. Ive documented somewhere here on the forum. As did some guy who ate mcdonalds and drank a Coke.

I attribute this way of eating as foundational for my healing.
This salty PUFA food was calorically dense- which my body desperately needed- plus I was able to digest it.
I simply could not eat enough of clean or “Peaty” foods to heal; nor was my digestion strong enough to handle what i needed to rebuild.

I ate like that for over six months.

LLight

Interesting, I will explore it, amongst all of the other ideas.

Significantly elevated H2O2 and 20-HE levels were observed in M. arctica incubated at −2 °C, supporting a link between ecdysone, H2O2, and trehalose levels during cryoprotective dehydration.

Another study linking (well that's pretty disconnected with your case I must admit ?) vitamin D1 / 20-hydroxyecdysone with dehydration and with osmolytes (substances allowing to support osmotic stress, trehalose belongs to osmolytes) metabolism.

OP
C

Callmestar

At work. Must be brief.

I had this phenomenon on my restoration journey. Ive documented somewhere here on the forum. As did some guy who ate mcdonalds and drank a Coke.

I attribute this way of eating as foundational for my healing.
This salty PUFA food was calorically dense- which my body desperately needed- plus I was able to digest it.
I simply could not eat enough of clean or “Peaty” foods to heal; nor was my digestion strong enough to handle what i needed to rebuild.

I ate like that for over six months.

Interesting. So KFC and McDonald's for the next 6 months...?

I joke, I'll take it with a pinch of salt but I get you.

Interested to know if it's something in KFC specifically though as I've not really experienced the same from other crappy/high calorie/fatty takeaways.

LLight

The correlation between the FA contents and desiccation resistance phenotypes suggests that worms require C20 PUFAs (because the fat-3 mutant was extremely sensitive to desiccation) and, in particular, ω-6 arachidonic acid (AA) (because the fat-4 and fat-1,4 mutants were extremely sensitive, whereas the fat-1 mutant was desiccation tolerant). This suggests that AA is an essential PUFA for desiccation tolerance.

I don't know but I was reading this publication where they talk about a primitive organism (C. elegans) that seems to need PUFA for switching to a certain state of metabolism where they can survive while being extremely dehydrated (that state is called 'dauer').

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing but it made me wonder given what you were saying.

OP
C

Callmestar

I don't know but I was reading this publication where they talk about a primitive organism (C. elegans) that seems to need PUFA for switching to a certain state of metabolism where they can survive while being extremely dehydrated (that state is called 'dauer').

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing but it made me wonder given what you were saying.

Haha this is getting complicated/interesting, so much to consider!

OP
C

Callmestar

I missed a day of taking thyroid today as I was away at an appointment out of town and had forgotten to take it with me. I feel better than I have done in many days previous?
Yet my eyebrows are falling out by the day which is likely due to hypo?

OP
C

Callmestar

Reverse T3 result

2021-11-07 (2).png

LLight

Thought you could be interested by this testimony:

After reading much about boron in the form of Borax, I decided to give it a try not knowing what my results would be. I have Hashimoto (autoimmune thyroiditis), osteoporosis, undiagnosed gastro intestinal issue (like IBS, but gastroenterologist did not diagnose me after a year of seeing her! ), high blood sugar and cholesterol (total and LDL), extreme thirst for years, and have had inflammation issues for a while, especially in finger joints, but others as well including pain in left upper back for months now which I was starting to think may be some form of arthritis developing. A few weeks prior to starting the Borax, I had some sudden strange pains in my upper right chest and got unusual noxious feelings in my stomach (then) a few times. All of those unusual symptoms were strange, scary, and had just begun.

I made the liquid form using a 3 cup ball jar, mixing 3/4 rounded teaspoon of Borax into just over 3 cups of purified water.

I admit, I should have started out with 1 tsp of the above mixture in water for a few days, but I went right into the 1 tsp. of the Borax/water mix in water 3 times a day. I still had the extreme thirst when I began. Within a few days of starting the Borax, I got terrible stomach pains that stopped me cold. They did not last long, but I also had strange pains in other areas of my abdomen. I attribute the really bad stomach pains to yeast die off (herxheimer effect), because the very next day, not only did the extreme thirst go away and has not returned, but I lost all craving for sugar or other carbs (chips, etc.) and to date (6 weeks from beginning the Borax), those cravings have not returned. My appetite is somewhat suppressed, but I do eat when I'm hungry. During the first couple of weeks, I got achy all over. It was almost unbearable. So far, I have done 3 weeks on, 1 week off, and two weeks on. During the one week off, the thirst and cravings did not return. All abdominal pains have disappeared, the pain in my upper right back has disappeared, and after 6 weeks, the aches in my body have totally subsided, which has paralleled the inflammation, which has been much better to non-exhistent in the last few weeks. My gastrointestinal issues have been much better. I make/drink kefir, which has helped my gut issues greatly, but I've noticed that gut issues have improved more in the last two weeks.

Peatful

Thought you could be interested by this testimony:

@lampofred wrote Peat regarding borax.
Peat said borax was neurotoxic.

It’s in the email advice or comments thread. Just posted today.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals