Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

You’ve answered your own question.

It’s your body. You are the expert-not faceless forum members; and certainly not your doctors.

Doesn’t Roddy say “don’t outsource your health“?

You will feel empowered and in control once you listen to your body, experiment, and start to heal.
You will learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
Listen to your body not your “understanding”. Our bodies are divinely intelligent and will guide us when we listen.

Indeed and I completely agree. In terms of nutrition, the food my body wants and needs, I feel I'm starting to get the hang of it and have had a much better couple of days. It's just the thirst, the dry mouth, that's there, even if I feel satisfied in terms of calories, sugar, fat. Yet I don't want water, my body says no to that. Water feels dead, empty, devoid of any nutritional value. I also at times don't want something massively sugary to drink but nothing else feels as though it reduces the thirst. Right now I'm craving watermelon. When I eat water melon, strangely it's as though it washes me out, as I start getting bad cramps and dumping at more clear urine for hours.

I'm getting there, the thirst just makes it tricky.

Vileplume

Indeed and I completely agree. In terms of nutrition, the food my body wants and needs, I feel I'm starting to get the hang of it and have had a much better couple of days. It's just the thirst, the dry mouth, that's there, even if I feel satisfied in terms of calories, sugar, fat. Yet I don't want water, my body says no to that. Water feels dead, empty, devoid of any nutritional value. I also at times don't want something massively sugary to drink but nothing else feels as though it reduces the thirst. Right now I'm craving watermelon. When I eat water melon, strangely it's as though it washes me out, as I start getting bad cramps and dumping at more clear urine for hours.

I'm getting there, the thirst just makes it tricky.
I also find it interesting that not every liquid has the same effect on me. I can drink coffee-milks all day long and not pee that much, but when I start drinking fruit juice, even at the same amounts, I start urinating frequently. I wonder why.

yerrag

Doesn’t Roddy say “don’t outsource your health“?

That was the advice that Sun Tzu left out. In this COVID, rich (not the elite though- they know) people are dying because they're good at outsourcing everything. Those who don't outsource are safe, albeit poorer. After all, aren't all MBA students steeped in the Art of Outsourcing, as taught by the Ivy League of Zionism?

You will feel empowered and in control once you listen to your body, experiment, and start to heal.
You will learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
So true.

But that's dependent on one recognizing his mistakes. Many experiment with no method at all. They don't learn from their mistakes. They keep plugging away though, like an ox.

Listen to your body not your “understanding”.
But it will work. It's evidence-based har har har

Our bodies are divinely intelligent and will guide us when we listen.
Divinely is an understatement. Especially when we have our eyes and ears, sense of smell, sense of touch, sense of taste, and sense of feel. And we can project. We can also communicate with one another and learn from one another. And if we can spot the liars (especially the institutional ones), we can defeat invisible viruses and cooperating and scheming bacterial colonies. They are so predictable. We can definitely outsmart them if not for us following our woolly-eyed doctors, who tell us we are genertically flawed if not chronologically flawed. And the more highly (mis)educated we are, the more we lose this divine gift.

OP
C

Callmestar

Trying to work out the logic behind why in the mornings the urination symptoms are much worse. They only start to settle to their average level of 'abnormal' after I start eating.

Completely clear insipid urine every half an hour until the point of having a meal and then it slows to maybe every hour or so and feels like I'm losing fluid less quickly.

Could it be that my motabalism isn't fired up in the mornings? My Cortisol high until I eat? Thyroid function lower in the mornings until I have some calories?

My morning temperature is about 97f and remains that way pretty much throughout the day.

Peatful

Trying to work out the logic behind why in the mornings the urination symptoms are much worse. They only start to settle to their average level of 'abnormal' after I start eating.

Completely clear insipid urine every half an hour until the point of having a meal and then it slows to maybe every hour or so and feels like I'm losing fluid less quickly.

Could it be that my motabalism isn't fired up in the mornings? My Cortisol high until I eat? Thyroid function lower in the mornings until I have some calories?

My morning temperature is about 97f and remains that way pretty much throughout the day.
You answered your own question correctly.

You’re on a marathon not a dash.
“Slow and steady wins the race”?
Each day make one good decision at a time.
Fill your day with something other than thinkng about yourself and your health.
Paint. Tinker. Create. Repair.

Once you can tolerate it- Have an adrenal cocktail in the middle of the night or before bed.
Eat real food upon waking. Food.

adrenal cocktail:
Some OJ
Pinch of salt
Tbsp gelatin
Coconut milk

Enjoy th time rebuilding your body!
Give yourself full permission to eat and heal.
A great life awaits you.

OP
C

Callmestar

You answered your own question correctly.

You’re on a marathon not a dash.
“Slow and steady wins the race”?
Each day make one good decision at a time.
Fill your day with something other than thinkng about yourself and your health.
Paint. Tinker. Create. Repair.

Once you can tolerate it- Have an adrenal cocktail in the middle of the night or before bed.
Eat real food upon waking. Food.

adrenal cocktail:
Some OJ
Pinch of salt
Tbsp gelatin
Coconut milk

Enjoy th time rebuilding your body!
Give yourself full permission to eat and heal.
A great life awaits you.

I really do hope you're right and the great life awaits. It feels far away right now. Thanks again and appreciate your support.

OP
C

Callmestar

Bad 24 hours. Waking up 4 or 5 times a night to urinate. Similar every hour or so when awake. I bit of a nightmarish combination now with the already frequent clear urine / lack of ability to concentrate and now with the added Prostatitis / enlarged prostate means the need to go is even more frequent.

Chocolate milk has felt nourishing to a degree but I remain dry in the mouth and feeling depleted. I will continue the milk, juice, beef, peat style foods. I ordered some T4 which I think has to be worth a try alongside this.

Peatful

Bad 24 hours. Waking up 4 or 5 times a night to urinate. Similar every hour or so when awake. I bit of a nightmarish combination now with the already frequent clear urine / lack of ability to concentrate and now with the added Prostatitis / enlarged prostate means the need to go is even more frequent.

Chocolate milk has felt nourishing to a degree but I remain dry in the mouth and feeling depleted. I will continue the milk, juice, beef, peat style foods. I ordered some T4 which I think has to be worth a try alongside this.
Not sure-
1- why you’re drinking so much liquid
2- why you continue on a diet regiment that you dont feel well on

Id go eat a grilled cheese on sourdough bread fried up in butter with a nice lemonade or sweet tea

Eat.

OP
C

Callmestar

Not sure-
1- why you’re drinking so much liquid
2- why you continue on a diet regiment that you dont feel well on

Id go eat a grilled cheese on sourdough bread fried up in butter with a nice lemonade or sweet tea

Eat.

You make it sound so simple. I wish it was that easy.

1, I wouldn't say I'm drinking so much. If I was to drink to thirst I would be drinking every second of every day, literally. I'm having about a litre of Choc milk and a half litre of OJ on average currently.
2, I don't feel well on any diet regiment, so I don't really get your point. I'm not continuing on any diet regiment that clearly makes me feel bad, there just isn't a diet that makes much of an improvement to feeling dehydrated. I eat what feels most nourishing and makes me feel best. I wish it was just a case of eat cheese on sourdough bread, fried in butter and feel better!

I'm eating plenty of cheese also.

I've been eating mainly, choc milk, OJ, Honey, Grass fed beef, cheese, butter, eggs, carrot salad. I've had some times where my energy and general wellbeing has felt slightly better. Never any improvement in terms of constant thirst or urination and generally still feeling crap.

Peatful

You make it sound so simple. I wish it was that easy.

1, I wouldn't say I'm drinking so much. If I was to drink to thirst I would be drinking every second of every day, literally. I'm having about a litre of Choc milk and a half litre of OJ on average currently.
2, I don't feel well on any diet regiment, so I don't really get your point. I'm not continuing on any diet regiment that clearly makes me feel bad, there just isn't a diet that makes much of an improvement to feeling dehydrated. I eat what feels most nourishing and makes me feel best. I wish it was just a case of eat cheese on sourdough bread, fried in butter and feel better!

I'm eating plenty of cheese also.

I've been eating mainly, choc milk, OJ, Honey, Grass fed beef, cheese, butter, eggs, carrot salad. I've had some times where my energy and general wellbeing has felt slightly better. Never any improvement in terms of constant thirst or urination and generally still feeling crap.
Im here to help you...help yourself.
You are assuming things and “put words in my mouth” so to say.
I wonder if you could have just asked for clarification.

Steady your blood sugar with balanced easy to digest macros of 40/30/30.
I stand by my original posts from 3/16/2021.

Best of health to you.

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

Im here trying to help you.
You are assuming things and “put words in my mouth” so to say.
I wonder if you could have just asked for clarification.

I know you are and I genuinely appreciate the advice. Sorry, I'm not sure what I assumptions I made or how I put words in your mouth? I didn't mean to appear rude.

You made assumptions about my fluid intake and staying on a diet I don't feel well on. I was just responding to your thoughts to clarify I don't really have much choice and am doing what feels best as advised by you and others here.

Peatful

I know you are and I genuinely appreciate the advice. Sorry, I'm not sure what I assumptions I made or how I put words in your mouth? I didn't mean to appear rude.

You made assumptions about my fluid intake and staying on a diet I don't feel well on. I was just responding to your thoughts to clarify I don't really have much choice and am doing what feels best as advised by you and others here.
Then maybe I have misunderstood you.

per you:
you are drinking a litre and a half of liquids. I question if that is working for you.
Your latest post- it appears not.

your food list is limited.
it appears to be “forum approved foods”.
I question if that is working for you.
your latest post- it appears not.

OP
C

Callmestar

Then maybe I have misunderstood you.

per you:
you are drinking a litre and a half of liquids. I question if that is working for you.
Your latest post- it appears not.

your food list is limited.
it appears to be “forum approved foods”.
I question if that is working for you.
your latest post- it appears not.

It's a difficult balance. On the one hand yourself and others have suggested to go with what my body intuitively asking for. In that case I would follow my thrist and drink 5 litres a day. I've done this previously and it's not helped, I ended up feeling washed out. A lower amount of about 1.5 to 2 litres seems the best for me, although I still feel dreadful and dehydrated.
If I were to drink less than that I would feel as though I'm literally dying. Not to harp on about this as I feel I do not have the condition but just to give you some insight as I'm not sure you've seen my other posts on this; I was initially diagnosed with Diabetes Inspidus (Inability to concentrate urine) after 2 water deprivation tests showed I did not concentrate urine to normal levels. More recent tests show I do not lack the hormone vasopressin that would cause the condition so it's a mystery why I do not concentrate urine / retain fluids normally. So I am dehydrated and it's not as simple as just drinking less.
I've also tried not drinking anything and just eating high water content fruits. Watermelon makes me worse. Gives me cramp. Other fruits strawberries etc help a little but I'd need to be eating them all day to feel any form of hydration and then I feel sick with so much sugar.

My food list probably does appear limited. I was eating a lot of other foods until recently. More oats, rice, gluten free bread, muscle meats, fish, beans, fermented foods, veg, along with the stuff I'm currently eating. I feel slightly better on the more limited Peat type foods with the choc milk than I did on the other foods. Although it's not a noticeable difference.

I may make it sound as though I'm making it impossible to be helped. I don't want that to be the case, but very little makes improvements in my condition.

LLight

You may be interested by this publication:
In this study, we report that ASK3 forms liquid droplets under hyperosmotic stress, which is necessary for ASK3 inactivation. Moreover, by utilizing a genome-wide small interfering RNA (siRNA) screen, we reveal that poly(ADP-ribose) (PAR) maintains the liquidity of ASK3 droplets for ASK3 inactivation. Our findings demonstrate that cells recognize osmotic stress through liquid–liquid phase separation (LLPS) of ASK3 with the support of PAR.

I'm not sure to understand such complex biology but poly(ADP-ribose) seems to be linked to vitamin B3. You said you have tried Vitamin B supplementation but anyway...

OP
C

Callmestar

You may be interested by this publication:

I'm not sure to understand such complex biology but poly(ADP-ribose) seems to be linked to vitamin B3. You said you have tried Vitamin B supplementation but anyway...

Thanks. I've been trying to build up the capacity to read a comprehend this. I have taken vitamin b complex of decent dosages before but maybe I need higher B3. Worth exploring, I will let you know how it goes.

OP
C

Callmestar

Had some blood test results today, unsure if relevant to my symptoms but my testosterone seems to be getting lower and lower. My electrolytes were normal with creatinine in range for the first time in months, so maybe the kidneys are doing a bit better, although I feel as dehydrated as ever.

Serum testosterone level 10.4 nmol/L [8.0 - 31.0]
Prolactin 176 mu/L [< 700.0]

Serum sodium level 141 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.2 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 94 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]
eGFR using creatinine (CKD-EPI) per 1.73 square metres > 90 mL/min [> 60.0]
eGFR has been calculated using the CKD-EPI creatinine
equation.

Is the testosterone something to be concerned about and possibly linked to my symptoms?

OP
C

Callmestar

So my adrenals appear as though they overworking as I have highish Cortisol, very high DHEA. My Testosterone has declined a lot and is now bordering on low. My T4 and T3 appear normal with my TSH in normal range but somewhat high going by Peats ideas. I continue to eat Peat style diet and am taking t4 and t3. Also taking Progest-e. Thiamine, multi vit and some other more specific supplements.

In recent weeks I suppose I may have had a very subtle lift in energy but it's barely noticeable. Dry mouth and dehydration remain the same. In regards to the overworked adrenals, I don't feel as though I'm on edge or highly anxious although my symptoms and poor health make me feel stressed. I sleep well other than having to get up to urinate and waking up with a dry mouth a few times a night.

Is there anything there in regards to the high adrenals and low testosterone that I can somehow do something practical with to improve? I don't really feel I'm getting anywhere at the moment.

OP
C

Callmestar

Full list of most recent blood test. Managed to get my doctor to test my estrogen which they don't often do for men and my urate which is often high. Both appear in normal range.

Total prostate specific antigen level 0.5 ug/L [< 2.5]
Serum testosterone level 10.4 nmol/L [8.0 - 31.0]
Oestradiol < 62 pmol/L [< 159.0]
Prolactin 176 mu/L [< 700.0]
Urea and electrolytes
Serum sodium level 141 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.2 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 94 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]
eGFR using creatinine (CKD-EPI) per 1.73 square metres > 90 mL/min [> 60.0]
Urate 412 umol/L [200.0 - 430.0]

Full blood count
Haemoglobin concentration 154 g/L [130.0 - 180.0]
Total white blood count 5.6 10*9/L [3.6 - 11.0]
Platelet count - observation 294 10*9/L [140.0 - 400.0]
Red blood cell count 4.96 10*12/L [4.5 - 6.5]
Haematocrit 0.450 [0.4 - 0.54]
Mean cell volume 90.6 fL [80.0 - 100.0]
Mean cell haemoglobin level 31.1 pg [27.0 - 32.0]
Neutrophil count 2.92 10*9/L [1.8 - 7.5]
Lymphocyte count 1.93 10*9/L [1.0 - 4.0]
Monocyte count - observation 0.52 10*9/L [0.2 - 0.8]
Eosinophil count - observation 0.18 10*9/L [0.1 - 0.4]
Basophil count 0.04 10*9/L [0.02 - 0.1]

OP
C

Callmestar

have you measured your glucose levels through out the day?

No not throughout the day myself. What do you think this might achieve?

I've had my HbA1c and glucose levels tested many many times on blood tests and it's always in normal range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals