Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

T

tca300

Essential fatty acid deficient. They tend to just say EFAD in the literature.

I did find the study I was thinking of, though it was done on gerbils and it's hard to extrapolate the amount of cholesterol they were getting given they it was a percentage of their food in grams.

Study: Assessment of the Essential Fatty Acid Requirement in Gerbils by Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Ratio

I think I will just start a new thread to discuss it because I want to tie in some other things. EDIT: Okay this post was still long... so I guess I lied. I was going to throw quotes from the paper in the thread I start.

The study basically says that when the body gets in the state of PUFA deficiency where it starts making Mead acid, adding cholesterol to the diet accentuates this and causes a lot more Mead acid to be made. The relationship between cholesterol and PUFA is quite interesting. We all know how eating PUFA can lower cholesterol as this is the basis for which vegetable oil is recommended for heart disease. I am not an expert on this topic, but I think the reason why vegetable oil lowers cholesterol is because cholesterol is having a protective effect on the body against the PUFA. I'm not sure how it does this, but in the study I linked above the low amount of PUFA combined with supplemental cholesterol seems to lower PUFA even more. The effect was only seen when the gerbil was already in the EFAD "zone". It is possible though that adding more cholesterol than the gerbils were getting would cause that zone to change in the direction where a person can eat a bit more PUFA and still be EFAD. It's speculation of course. However if someone is eating very low PUFA, like @tca300 and a few other forum members, adding the cholesterol would have a large effect on Mead acid production and possibly the other effects of EFAD.

I am going to generalize this, but I think if a person is eating 0.5% of their calories or less as PUFA, so under 1.38g for a person eating 2,500 calories, they would have an effect on Mead acid if taking supplemental cholesterol. Furthermore, if someone is eating 0.25% of their calories or less as PUFA (0.7g of PUFA or less) then they will probably have quite a large effect on Mead acid if they are supplementing cholesterol. If you want to go all out you can add hydrogenated coconut oil (or possibly MCT oil) and some CLA, both of which would potentiate the EFAD further (though I am not sure about the safety of CLA). Infact in this study they had a HCO + cholesterol group. There are studies on the combination of CLA and coconut oil in regards to fat loss.

Below is taken from the study. Notice right around 1% mark the increase in triene:tetraene ratio. At around 0.25% of linoleate in the diet notice how high the ratio is for the hydrogenated coconut oil + cholesterol group. They don't plot the curve for the fat-free and fat-free + cholesterol group, but you can see the the triangles indicating the levels at the far left. The open triangle being around 1.5 and the filled in triangle at 1, and that's at like 0.1% PUFA or lower (almost impossible while eating regular food... like 250mg of PUFA or less). The HCO + Cholesterol group is already higher than the fat-free group at around 0.5% linoleate. Keep in mind this is measuring the triene:tetraene ratio and not the total levels of mead acid. I believe the fat-free + cholesterol group had the highest Mead acid by a small amount, it's just that the addition of HCO displaces some arachidonic acid, which changes the ratio. Both cholesterol groups (HCO + Fat-free) had low levels of various other PUFA's, like in the liver phospholipids for example.

View attachment 6795

As for the dose? It's hard to say as the cholesterol in the diet is a percentage of the total weight of the food + minerals. I am going to guess and say that it's between 500mg to 1g of cholesterol for a human. So if someone is going to try the William Brown diet for 6 months or something, try supplementing some cholesterol with it at the same time.
I might consider it. My PUFA has been <440mg per day for a while now ( under 2 grams for the last few years, and under 5 grams for about 10 years ) Its extremely difficult because the amount of food I have to eat to keep from developing the concentration camp look is way more that I would prefer. If adding cholesterol increases the metabolic rate further I couldn't handle it. I have already had to stop coffee, and lower light exposure.

schultz

I might consider it. My PUFA has been <440mg per day for a while now ( under 2 grams for the last few years, and under 5 grams for about 10 years ) Its extremely difficult because the amount of food I have to eat to keep from developing the concentration camp look is way more that I would prefer. If adding cholesterol increases the metabolic rate further I couldn't handle it. I have already had to stop coffee, and lower light exposure.

Haha, wow!

I think you kinda have to try it now. Consume HCO at 25% calories, add in cholesterol and let's see if you develop scaly tail disease. Help us tca300, you're our only hope!

Rand56

Anyone else thinks this stuff tastes pretty rank? My rat gets a bad grimace on his face downing it. I have to make sure I mix it in with plenty of sour cream to make it more tolerable to the taste for him.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anyone else thinks this stuff tastes pretty rank? My rat gets a bad grimace on his face downing it. I have to make sure I mix it in with plenty of sour cream to make it more tolerable to the taste for him.
It has a kind of strong banana type smell, hard to describe. But not much of a taste.

Update: End of 3rd experiment is wrapping up. Reproduced same exact results as the first two. Male subject is very sexually aggressive, nocturnal erections are still prevalent along with morning erections.

If too much cholesterol powder is administered(200mg a day human equivalent) male subject gets angry easily and wants to go to war, so there seems to be a sweet spot. 50mg-100mg human equivalent a day max is all needed for current test subject to increase libido and sexual function.

Last edited:

GAF

If too much cholesterol powder is administered(200mg a day human equivalent) male subject gets angry easily and wants to go to war, so there seems to be a sweet spot. 50mg-100mg human equivalent a day max is all needed for current test subject to increase libido and sexual function.

Anybody have an idea why ingesting cholesterol powder would increase "libido and sexual function" and eating a couple of eggs does not have the same impact. I guess maybe the other stuff in eggs somehow mitigates a direct impact??

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anybody have an idea why ingesting cholesterol powder would increase "libido and sexual function" and eating a couple of eggs does not have the same impact. I guess maybe the other stuff in eggs somehow mitigates a direct impact??
Quick Duckduckgo search shows that Testosterone supplementation improves libido in a lot of males. Bodybuilders eat egg yolks for androgenic purposes. So I think its safe to assume cholesterol supplementation increases testosterone since it is a steroid hormone precursor. Have you tried just using egg yolks?

Also looking forward to see if other researchers are finding the same results. I ran experiment 3 different times, so I am fairly certain the findings are solid and not placebo. Was not expecting these results but was pleasantly surprised at findings.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

GAF

Charlie, I read back thru your posts and don't see if you said what time of day you were feeding this to your test subjects. I just ordered some to experiment on the Great Ratsky Jr. I think I will dissolve a small amount in dmso and rub it on his scrotum and see what kind of war he starts with his harem. Then, I might do the harem and see if a cat fight breaks out.

RobertJM

I read the other day that the body makes about 4,000mg of cholesterol itself, each day.
Not sure if this is true.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie, I read back thru your posts and don't see if you said what time of day you were feeding this to your test subjects.
Early in day after good meal.

I think I will dissolve a small amount in dmso and rub it on his scrotum and see what kind of war he starts with his harem.
:shock:

Then, I might do the harem and see if a cat fight breaks out.
:ninja

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So puney doses that Charlie is taking surely won't do that much? But if his results are real, who I am to argue!!
Well that is why I am hoping some others will chime in. Wondering if other researchers have the same findings. I feel pretty confident in the results.
Anyway. I get the 'aggressive' thing from too much liver and eggs. So sounds like this could be similar?
Quite possibly so. Pointless found the same.
Pushing cholesterol higher would surely mean that you would get more 'bang for your buck' with the things that we are all doing around here to increase thyroid? What I mean by that is if Haidut's supplements just tank you, perhaps that is because there isn't fuel (cholesterol) around to fuel it? Or do I have that wrong? Cholesterol is the fuel for healthy thyroid, right? Low cholesterol = efficient thyroid (as it lowers the cholesterol by 'using it' ..... or, it means your thyroid is going to be in the toilet because you have no fuel (cholesterol)
You could be onto something.

XPlus

Interesting. The thought of that would kill a fish oil junkie faster than the fish oil.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Attachments

• The_Cholesterol_Myths.pdf
    891.8 KB · Views: 36

RobertJM

Well that is why I am hoping some others will chime in. Wondering if other researchers have the same findings. I feel pretty confident in the results.

Quite possibly so. Pointless found the same.

You could be onto something.

I've already purchased a bag, Charlie. Will post my results here.

T

tca300

Haha, wow!

I think you kinda have to try it now. Consume HCO at 25% calories, add in cholesterol and let's see if you develop scaly tail disease. Help us tca300, you're our only hope!
I just ordered some, so we will see what happens. I dont think ( my rat ) can do 25% calories from HCO though, going above 10% fat intake is very undesirable for him ( THE RAT ) at the moment. He can do ~10% from MCT oil, the small amounts in Orange Juice, skim milk and gelatin though.

schultz

I just ordered some, so we will see what happens. I dont think ( my rat ) can do 25% calories from HCO though, going above 10% fat intake is very undesirable for him ( THE RAT ) at the moment. He can do ~10% from MCT oil, the small amounts in Orange Juice, skim milk and gelatin though.

Yah 25% takes up quite a bit of calories (and empty calories at that). Let us know how it works for you! I may order some based on your testimonial, so pressure is on. :shock:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals