Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

sladerunner69

An omelette with 5 eggs has arround 1g of cholesterol.

100mg cholesterol would be like half an egg.
I highly doubt one would notice anything from that amount.

One egg is all Peat has each day, and he notices a significant difference. He claims its similar to pregnenlone.

tankasnowgod

An omelette with 5 eggs has arround 1g of cholesterol.

100mg cholesterol would be like half an egg.
I highly doubt one would notice anything from that amount.

There was a study that tested out various amounts of dietary cholesterol on muscle strength in elderly men doing weight training- Dietary Cholesterol and Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy with Resistance Training: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial -- Riechman et al. 22 (1): 962.13 -- The FASEB Journal

The men either ate 200, 400, or 800mg of cholesterol in their diets, which was modified with egg yolks and egg whites. They gained strength in a dose dependent matter, with the group eating 800mg gaining the most, but even the 400mg group had greater gains than the 200mg group.

Waynish

What is wrong with dietary cholesterol? Even the FDA admitted there is nothing.
I feel like you have trouble interpreting things often Mr SS. Are you not a native English speaker? This is exactly what I implied in my original post, and again in my follow-up to your misplaced sarcasm! :D :hilarious: Maybe using emoticons will help... Hope I don't sound harsh; just recognizing a pattern...

I feel like you have trouble interpreting things often Mr SS. Are you not a native English speaker? This is exactly what I implied in my original post, and again in my follow-up to your misplaced sarcasm! :D :hilarious: Maybe using emoticons will help... Hope I don't sound harsh; just recognizing a pattern...

Well, you will concede that the words "safety" and "cholesterol" in the same post made on a Ray Peat forum warrant a few questions :cow::cyclops::hungry::jimlad::happy::headphone::lurking:

Pointless

Early report here. My cholesterol arrived. It has a bit of a smell to it, not a nice one, but not repugnant either. It is an off-white color with small flakes, and it cakes together. Not waxy or oily. It dissolves somewhat in 1% milk but rather poorly.

My experimental subject took 1/4 tsp and seems to be a little irate which is common with androgens for him. Helped with increased milk consumption.

Constatine

There was a study that tested out various amounts of dietary cholesterol on muscle strength in elderly men doing weight training- Dietary Cholesterol and Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy with Resistance Training: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial -- Riechman et al. 22 (1): 962.13 -- The FASEB Journal

The men either ate 200, 400, or 800mg of cholesterol in their diets, which was modified with egg yolks and egg whites. They gained strength in a dose dependent matter, with the group eating 800mg gaining the most, but even the 400mg group had greater gains than the 200mg group.
Wow. Cool study thanks.
Life Giving Store is announcing the availability of Cholesterol powder for laboratory and research use only.

Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky and Idealabs, this product is for laboratory and research use only.

Cholesterol Powder can be ordered from the link below:
Life Giving Labs

The cholesterol powder is graded as "suitable for pharmaceutical preparations".

There are 15g of cholesterol powder in each order.

Here are some quotes on cholesterol from Ray Peat:

"The steroids in general, especially those produced in large amounts, progesterone and DHEA, are important parts of the antioxidant defenses. Cholesterol, either that produced internally by the cell, or taken in from the blood stream, is the precursor for all the steroids in the body. Several of the major steroid hormones are antiinflammatory, and cholesterol itself is antiinflammatory."

"One of the basic functions of cholesterol seems to be the stabilization of mitochondria, preventing their destruction by stress."

"The next step in studies of this sort should be to see how the combination of extra thyroid with adequate cholesterol influences longevity. The rising cholesterol that commonly occurs with aging is probably only partial compensation for declining thyroid function, and by optimizing all of the protective factors, radical changes in the aging process may be possible. "

Cholesterol, longevity, intelligence, and health.

---

Here are some studies/articles below for your consideration while researching:

USC scientists discover process that blocks viruses

“We showed how this occurs,” Jung continued. “When a virus tries to enter, the immune system gets stimulated by interferon, which produces almost 300 host proteins, including IFITM3. This protein then disrupts the interaction between two other proteins, which, in turn, significantly increases the level of cholesterol in cells and thereby blocks the virus.”

“The membrane is usually very flexible,” he said. “With an increase in cholesterol, it becomes rigid and doesn’t allow viruses to pass through the endosome compartment into cytosol, the fluid portion inside cells. We were surprised to find that changing the balance of cholesterol concentration affects viral entry.”

---

Cholesterol metabolites alleviate injured liver function and decrease mortality in an LPS-induced mouse model.

RESULTS: Administration of 25HC3S/25HCDS decreased serum liver-impaired markers; suppressed secretion of pro-inflammatory factors; alleviated liver, lung, and kidney injury; and subsequently increased the survival rate in the LPS-induced mouse model. These effects resulted from the inhibition of the expression of genes involved in the pro-inflammatory response and apoptosis and the simultaneous induction of the expression of genes involved in cell survival. Compared to 25HC, 25HC3S and 25HCDS exhibited significantly stronger effects in these activities, indicating that the cholesterol metabolites play an important role in the inflammatory response, cell apoptosis, and cell survival in vivo.

CONCLUSIONS: 25HC3S/25HCDS has potential to serve as novel biomedicines in the therapy of acute liver failure and acute multiple organ failure.

---

Statins and dietary and serum cholesterol are associated with increased lean mass following resistance training.

Life Giving Store Comment: Here is one human study showing the positive relationship between cholesterol consumption and T levels. The more cholesterol the old people ate the more their muscles grew, which can only be explained by higher androgen levels.

RESULTS:
We observed a dose-response relationship between dietary cholesterol (from food logs) and gains in lean mass that was not affected by variability in protein intake.

---

Diet and plasma androgens in postmenopausal vegetarian and omnivorous women and postmenopausal women with breast cancer.

Life Giving Store Comment: Here is another study on cholesterol consumption and T levels (in women):

---

Effect of Chronic Cholesterol Loading in the Development of Acute Ischemic Renal Failure in Rats

"The effect of chronic cholesterol loading and lovastatin administration in renal artery clamping acute renal failure in rats is not known. Acute renal failure was induced by 60-min left renal artery clamping immediately afer right nephrectomy. The changes in renal function after renal artery clamping in the hyperlipidemic rats were unexpected. The acute renal failure in the cholesterol-loaded groups was less severe than in the nonhyperlipidemic rats. The lovastatin administration had some favorable effect on renal function afi ter ischemia; however, this effect was not additive to the high dietary cholesterol administration. Our results seems to favor the concept that in this special form of experimental renal ischemic acute renal failure, serum cholesterol levels, elevated through diet, may have protective effects with respect to renal tubular lesions during or following the acute ischemic insult."

---

PROLONGATION OF SURVIVAL PERIOD OF DIPHTHERIA TOXIN-INJECTED RABBITS BY CHOLESTEROL ADMINISTRATION

Abstract:

1. Several groups of rabbits were given cholesterol, lecithin, cholesterol + lecithin, sodium chloride or sodium chloride + cholesterol respectively, before and after the injection of a M. L. D. of diphtheria toxin. The symptoms and survival period of these animals were recorded.

2. Cholesterol definitely improves the conditions and prolongs the life of the toxin-injected animals. In 38 rabbits given cholesterol or cholesterol + sodium chloride, 10·5 per cent. lived indefinitely, 84·2 per cent. survived 5-25 days, with an average of about 9 days, and 5·2 per cent. died within the period of 66-68 hours, while control animals with diphtheria-toxin injection alone all died within 44-92 hours.

---

Cholesterol Use in Autism Treatment

Abstract

Cholesterol is essential for embryological development, cellular membrane structure and function, and synthesis of hormones, bile acids, vitamin D and neuroactive steroids. Nearly one quarter of the body’s cholesterol is in the brain, reflecting its pivotal role in this organ. Altered cholesterol homeostasis has been reported in several neurologic disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, Niemann Pick Disease Type C, Tangier Disease, and Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS). The latter is a disorder of the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway that results in multiple malformations, intellectual disability, and oftentimes autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). The high prevalence of ASD in individuals with SLOS suggests an overlap in the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie SLOS and ASD. Thus, SLOS has served as a disease model to understand the role of cholesterol in neurologic structure and function, including morphogenesis, myelination, cellular membrane stability, lipid rafts, neuroactive steroid synthesis, and signal transduction. The assessment and treatment of SLOS and its potential extension to clinical management of idiopathic ASD are discussed.
Thanks for offering your services to the community. What products are you thinking about developing in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LifeGivingStore
Thanks for offering your services to the community.
Constatine, you are very welcome.

What products are you thinking about developing in the future?
We have 3 products in the works right now. These will go in the main store, not in the lab. One of them I am extra super excited about, it is a product that is well known in the community. I would like to keep that one under wraps until it is released since we have not finalized a deal with the manufacturer yet. It looks very good at this point, but do not want to get out ahead of ourselves. We do think the community will be as excited about this product as we are.

Of course we are always open for suggestions as we are here to serve and meet the needs of the community. I will post a thread for suggestions in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand56

@LifeGivingStore I just received the cholesterol powder in the mail today. There are no measurements on the package on how much is 500 mg's. Not everyone has a weighing scale. 1/4 teaspoon or what exactly?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@LifeGivingStore I just received the cholesterol powder in the mail today. There are no measurements on the package on how much is 500 mg's. Not everyone has a weighing scale. 1/4 teaspoon or what exactly?
I just weighed on my digital scale and my results were:

- a level, not packed down, 1/4 teaspoon is approximately 500 mgs.

YMMV. Maybe some others can weigh in.

Rand56

I just weighed on my digital scale and my results were:

- a level, not packed down, 1/4 teaspoon is approximately 500 mgs.

YMMV. Maybe some others can weigh in.

Thanks Charlie. Much appreciated! Surprised it's not listed on the packet, and an approximate measurement would be good enough. I think most people aren't going to be that anal about measuring exact amounts for the amount they want to take.

Constatine

Constatine, you are very welcome.

We have 3 products in the works right now. These will go in the main store, not in the lab. One of them I am extra super excited about, it is a product that is well known in the community. I would like to keep that one under wraps until it is released since we have not finalized a deal with the manufacturer yet. It looks very good at this point, but do not want to get out ahead of ourselves. We do think the community will be as excited about this product as we are.

Of course we are always open for suggestions as we are here to serve and meet the needs of the community. I will post a thread for suggestions in the future.
Awesome thank you.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

aarfai

Its too early to go into depth, but it's been very positive so far.
Thanks just got mine in today. 1/4 teaspoon is the suggested daily dose? Any ideas how much this amount can increase cholesterol levels.

Constatine

The Ray Peat Forum. Only place in the world people are trying to increase cholesterol levels. Love it here.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The Ray Peat Forum. Only place in the world people are trying to increase cholesterol levels. Love it here.
"They go low, we go high."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

tankasnowgod

Just placed an order for mine, really looking forward to experimenting with it.

By the way, on the whole "price" front.... The pure cholesterol powder prices out juuuuust a bit cheaper than 8 and third dozen standard eggs, which is what it would take to get about 15 grams of cholesterol. Which would make this the most affordable way to get cholesterol, on a gram to gram comparison.

....... not that I have anything against eggs. They will likely be mixed in with the experiment:cool.

....... and, this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but just noticed this guy....:discoboogie..... big fan of his.