Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

Buy Cholesterol Powder by Clicking Here

Such Labs is announcing the availability of Cholesterol powder for laboratory and research use only.

Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky and Idealabs, this product is for laboratory and research use only.

Cholesterol Powder can be ordered from the link below:
Cholesterol Powder For Laboratory & Research Use – Life Giving Labs

There are 15g of cholesterol powder in each order.

Here are some quotes on cholesterol from Ray Peat:

"The steroids in general, especially those produced in large amounts, progesterone and DHEA, are important parts of the antioxidant defenses. Cholesterol, either that produced internally by the cell, or taken in from the blood stream, is the precursor for all the steroids in the body. Several of the major steroid hormones are antiinflammatory, and cholesterol itself is antiinflammatory."

"One of the basic functions of cholesterol seems to be the stabilization of mitochondria, preventing their destruction by stress."

"The next step in studies of this sort should be to see how the combination of extra thyroid with adequate cholesterol influences longevity. The rising cholesterol that commonly occurs with aging is probably only partial compensation for declining thyroid function, and by optimizing all of the protective factors, radical changes in the aging process may be possible. "

Cholesterol, longevity, intelligence, and health.

---

Here are some studies/articles below for your consideration while researching:

USC scientists discover process that blocks viruses

“We showed how this occurs,” Jung continued. “When a virus tries to enter, the immune system gets stimulated by interferon, which produces almost 300 host proteins, including IFITM3. This protein then disrupts the interaction between two other proteins, which, in turn, significantly increases the level of cholesterol in cells and thereby blocks the virus.”

“The membrane is usually very flexible,” he said. “With an increase in cholesterol, it becomes rigid and doesn’t allow viruses to pass through the endosome compartment into cytosol, the fluid portion inside cells. We were surprised to find that changing the balance of cholesterol concentration affects viral entry.”

---

Cholesterol metabolites alleviate injured liver function and decrease mortality in an LPS-induced mouse model.

RESULTS: Administration of 25HC3S/25HCDS decreased serum liver-impaired markers; suppressed secretion of pro-inflammatory factors; alleviated liver, lung, and kidney injury; and subsequently increased the survival rate in the LPS-induced mouse model. These effects resulted from the inhibition of the expression of genes involved in the pro-inflammatory response and apoptosis and the simultaneous induction of the expression of genes involved in cell survival. Compared to 25HC, 25HC3S and 25HCDS exhibited significantly stronger effects in these activities, indicating that the cholesterol metabolites play an important role in the inflammatory response, cell apoptosis, and cell survival in vivo.

CONCLUSIONS: 25HC3S/25HCDS has potential to serve as novel biomedicines in the therapy of acute liver failure and acute multiple organ failure.

---

Statins and dietary and serum cholesterol are associated with increased lean mass following resistance training.

Life Giving Store Comment: Here is one human study showing the positive relationship between cholesterol consumption and T levels. The more cholesterol the old people ate the more their muscles grew, which can only be explained by higher androgen levels.

RESULTS:
We observed a dose-response relationship between dietary cholesterol (from food logs) and gains in lean mass that was not affected by variability in protein intake.

---

Diet and plasma androgens in postmenopausal vegetarian and omnivorous women and postmenopausal women with breast cancer.

Life Giving Store Comment: Here is another study on cholesterol consumption and T levels (in women):

---

Effect of Chronic Cholesterol Loading in the Development of Acute Ischemic Renal Failure in Rats

"The effect of chronic cholesterol loading and lovastatin administration in renal artery clamping acute renal failure in rats is not known. Acute renal failure was induced by 60-min left renal artery clamping immediately afer right nephrectomy. The changes in renal function after renal artery clamping in the hyperlipidemic rats were unexpected. The acute renal failure in the cholesterol-loaded groups was less severe than in the nonhyperlipidemic rats. The lovastatin administration had some favorable effect on renal function afi ter ischemia; however, this effect was not additive to the high dietary cholesterol administration. Our results seems to favor the concept that in this special form of experimental renal ischemic acute renal failure, serum cholesterol levels, elevated through diet, may have protective effects with respect to renal tubular lesions during or following the acute ischemic insult."

---

PROLONGATION OF SURVIVAL PERIOD OF DIPHTHERIA TOXIN-INJECTED RABBITS BY CHOLESTEROL ADMINISTRATION

Abstract:

1. Several groups of rabbits were given cholesterol, lecithin, cholesterol + lecithin, sodium chloride or sodium chloride + cholesterol respectively, before and after the injection of a M. L. D. of diphtheria toxin. The symptoms and survival period of these animals were recorded.

2. Cholesterol definitely improves the conditions and prolongs the life of the toxin-injected animals. In 38 rabbits given cholesterol or cholesterol + sodium chloride, 10·5 per cent. lived indefinitely, 84·2 per cent. survived 5-25 days, with an average of about 9 days, and 5·2 per cent. died within the period of 66-68 hours, while control animals with diphtheria-toxin injection alone all died within 44-92 hours.

---

Cholesterol Use in Autism Treatment

Abstract

Cholesterol is essential for embryological development, cellular membrane structure and function, and synthesis of hormones, bile acids, vitamin D and neuroactive steroids. Nearly one quarter of the body’s cholesterol is in the brain, reflecting its pivotal role in this organ. Altered cholesterol homeostasis has been reported in several neurologic disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, Niemann Pick Disease Type C, Tangier Disease, and Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS). The latter is a disorder of the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway that results in multiple malformations, intellectual disability, and oftentimes autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). The high prevalence of ASD in individuals with SLOS suggests an overlap in the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie SLOS and ASD. Thus, SLOS has served as a disease model to understand the role of cholesterol in neurologic structure and function, including morphogenesis, myelination, cellular membrane stability, lipid rafts, neuroactive steroid synthesis, and signal transduction. The assessment and treatment of SLOS and its potential extension to clinical management of idiopathic ASD are discussed.

meatbag

Who are you? Why would we take cholesterol powder?

edit; (sorry for rude welcome :) )

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Who are you?
I 100% vouch for Debra and the opening of her new business. She is part of my family and a wonderful woman whom everyone loves in her local community. She has an incredible amount of love and compassion that I admire. I hope the best for her new business and I feel that she will provide an great service to the Ray Peat community. She has been in the Peat community for a few years, but only lurking.

She is working on an opening announcement post, letting everyone know who she is, etc. But she had to go to her daytime job, so that will not be till later.

Why would we take cholesterol powder when we can eat eggs, liver and consume fruit/sugar???
Why would you take thyroid when you can eat it from an animal. :ss2 Why would you take any supplement when you can get it from nature? Obviously she is offering this for research and development purposes and it is up to the researcher to decide how they want to handle it. This might be her only research product, I don't know. She is working on more products right now that will go in her regular store that I am excited about getting access to.

meatbag

I 100% vouch for Debra and the opening of her new business. She is part of my family and a wonderful woman whom everyone loves in her local community. She has an incredible amount of love and compassion that I admire. I hope the best for her new business and I feel that she will provide an great service to the Ray Peat community. She has been in the Peat community for a few years, but only lurking.

She is working on an opening announcement post, letting everyone know who she is, etc. But she had to go to her daytime job, so that will not be till later.

Why would you take thyroid when you can eat it from an animal. :ss2 Why would you take any supplement when you can get it from nature? Obviously she is offering this for research and development purposes and it is up to the researcher to decide how they want to handle it. This might be her only research product, I don't know. She is working on more products right now that will go in her regular store that I am excited about getting access to.

Okay great :) :welcome

I am excited to hear more and learn more about Debra's experiences :raisinghand:

I am a fan of having access to as many quality and diverse supplement producers as possible

Last edited:

milk_lover

Okay great :) :welcome

My butcher won't sell me the thyroid gland (yes i did ask) but he will sell me eggs and liver. I am asking because I have not heard of the advantages of using cholesterol supplement over consuming it from food or using fructose to increase endogenous production. I am excited to hear more and learn more about Debra's experiences though :raisinghand:

I am a fan of having access to as many quality and diverse supplement producers as possible
Well if you really really want to get animal thyroid glands, you can buy the sheep or goat and slaughter it yourself. Not difficult at all. I did it plenty of time in our farm.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

meatbag

Well if you really really want to get animal thyroid glands, you can buy the sheep or goat and slaughter it yourself. Not difficult at all. I did it plenty of time in our farm.

Lol nice, hopefully in a few years when I'm done with school I can do this as well :)

Pointless

As Ray Peat says in the article you quoted:

"Around 1971, someone noticed that the commercial cholesterol being used in feeding experiments was oxidized, that is, it wasn't really cholesterol. Comparing carefully prepared, unoxidized cholesterol with the oxidized degraded material, it was found that dietary cholesterol wasn't necessarily atherogenic (Vine, et al., 1998). "

Can you tell us more about the quality of the cholesterol? What is the shelf-life? Are there any precautions being taken to prevent oxidation? Have lab tests been done on the product? What is the source and purity? Any information you can give us will set our minds at ease.

LeeLemonoil

According to this good looking study, both 5a-cholestan-3b-ol-6-one and 5-cholesten-3b,25-diol are much more efficient for cataracts than Lanosterol and would be easier applied. They are surely very useful in other conditions or protein aggregation /misfolding as well.

Pharmacological Chaperone for Alpha-Crystallin Partially Restores Transparency in Cataract Models

Non-Surgical Method of Treatment for Cataract - THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN

Always welcoming to new vendors with unique products on offer. Pls have a look into this very promising Cholesterol-oxides

OP
LifeGivingStore
I'm assuming this would be fat soluble...best taken with some fat?
Hi Rand56, since this is R&D we cannot officially endorse such use. It is fat soluble.

Can you tell us more about the quality of the cholesterol? What is the shelf-life? Are there any precautions being taken to prevent oxidation? Have lab tests been done on the product? What is the source and purity? Any information you can give us will set our minds at ease.
The purity is 99.1% and is purchased from one of the top 10 chemical vendors in the USA. This is plain, high purity cholesterol. It is not oxidized and steps are being taken to prevent any oxidation. Oxidation is so slow that it will take years before enough oxidized cholesterol is generated to be detectable on lab tests. We have them stored in glass jars and I have a device that pulls the air out of the jar while keeping it sealed, storing in a dark/cold place . Orders will be bagged on demand to further isolate the cholesterol from air.

The shelf life is at least 3-6 months but probably closer to 2 years or more if stored properly in a vacuumed ziplock bag while refrigerated.

Thank you for everyone's interest in the cholesterol! We will be making our first shipments tomorrow morning! I will answer more posts very soon and will also make an announcement thread for my new business so you can ask me more questions if you like.

Sincerely,
Debra

Last edited by a moderator:

Pointless

Hi Rand56, since this is R&D we cannot officially endorse such use. It is fat soluble.

The purity is 99% and is purchased from one of the top 10 chemical vendors in the USA. This is plain, high purity cholesterol. It is not oxidized and steps are being taken to prevent any oxidation. Oxidation is so slow that it will take years before enough oxidized cholesterol is generated to be detectable on lab tests. We have them stored in glass jars and I have a device that pulls the air out of the jar while keeping it sealed, storing in a dark/cold place . Orders will be bagged on demand to further isolate the cholesterol from air.

The shelf life is at least 3-6 months but probably closer to 2 years or more if stored properly in a vacuumed ziplock bag while refrigerated.

Thank you for everyone's interest in the cholesterol! We will be making our first shipments tomorrow morning! I will answer more posts very soon and will also make an announcement thread for my new business so you can ask me more questions if you like.

Sincerely,
Debra

Thanks for the prompt answer. It seems like you have the business side of things taken care of. Since I asked for a source of cholesterol powder in the past, I'll definitely be placing an order.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Thanks for the prompt answer.
You are very welcome.

Always welcoming to new vendors with unique products on offer. Pls have a look into this very promising Cholesterol-oxides
Thank you for the welcome. I will check these oxides out.

Is it from sheep's wool?
Depending on the raw materials available at the time of manufacturing it can be lambs wool or synthesized from precursors like squalene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

Nice to have this available...so coming from lanolin then?

If your looking for a recommendation, I'd be interested in a kidney supplement of some kind.

tankasnowgod

I think this supplement is really cool (at least the idea, haven't tried it yet). Was hoping for something like this for a while.

Seems exceptionally useful for anyone who wants to eat a significant amount of cholesterol on a no/low fat or low PUFA diet.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Can the product's page be updated to reflect that the offered amount is 15 grams?
Hi Ras, thank you for bringing this to my attention. The weight was entered but I did not enable the option to show it. You can now see how much you product you get per bag(15g).

Was hoping for something like this for a while.
Very grateful we could meet this need for the community.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals