Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

RobertJM

My thoughts on this

Don't know what people are going on about with the smell. It smells sweet? I was expecting it to smell like egg yolks. Nothing wrong with how it smells. Trust me, there are far worse tasting/smelling supplements out there. Rat seemed not adverse to it, although this stuff (for sure) doesn't taste like millionaires chocolate cheesecake. It has a weird texture and sticks to teeth.

Effects for lab rat: libido increase. Rat hasn't noticed much else. Perhaps a boost in mood? That could be placebo, though. This just raises more questions than answers though, for the test subject. Rat has been taking this for a few days now (each day).

Would these effects last? Would the body downregulte/upregulate whatever it needs to accommodate this extra cholesterol? A dose of 400mg per day doesn't seem like much (when rat eats more than this from food, and eats hundreds of grams of sugar), so why such a perceived effect? Plus the rat hasn't done any labs and doesn't plan to. So his results aren't anything to read into.

muchos thankos

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Don't know what people are going on about with the smell. It smells sweet?
To me like strong bananas. Yes sweet.

Effects for lab rat: libido increase. Rat hasn't noticed much else. Perhaps a boost in mood? That could be placebo, though. This just raises more questions than answers though, for the test subject. Rat has been taking this for a few days now (each day).
Administered to female subject yesterday. Increased sweating was noticed, along with what appeared to be increased energy. Only one dose administered. Will possibly revisit later.

Would these effects last?
I think I saw @haidut say the half life of LDH was 3 days. However, I tried to search for that statement but could not find it. Hopefully he can clarify.

Once administering of cholesterol powder was stopped, the next day increased libido was still observed, although dropping in intensity. By the 3rd day libido was still improved over baseline, but still dropping. This continued for 4 or 5 days however it seems like libido settled in above previous baseline.

Would the body downregulte/upregulate whatever it needs to accommodate this extra cholesterol? A dose of 400mg per day doesn't seem like much (when rat eats more than this from food, and eats hundreds of grams of sugar), so why such a perceived effect?
I found in the book The Cholesterol Myths this:

Cholesterol Myths said:
Did you know…
• Your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you eat?
• This production increases when you eat only small amounts of cholesterol and decreases when you eat large amounts?

So I am assuming this is possibly why my subjects or doing well on smaller doses. 50mg-100mg equivalent of human doses a day. Giving just a small bit maybe brings up blood cholesterol a bit, therefor giving more precursor for steroid hormone while at the same time stimulating the bodies own cholesterol production.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think I saw @haidut say the half life of LDH was 3 days

It was LDL, not LDH :): And yes, the half-life seems to be 3+ days in normal people and higher in people with hyperlipidemia.

The metabolism of low density lipoprotein in familial type II hyperlipoproteinemia. - PubMed - NCBI
"...However, the fractional catabolic rate of LDL in normal individuals differed significantly from that of patients with type II hyperlipoproteinemia (0.462+/-0.077/day in normals vs. 0.237+/-0.044/day in type II) and correspondingly the biological half-life of LDL was significantly prolonged (3.08+/-0.35 days normals vs. 4.68+/-0.44 days in type II). These data indicate that the pathologic elevation of plasma LDL concentration in the individuals with type II hyperlipoproteinemia studied here is due to a decreased fractional rate of LDL degradation rather than to an abnormality of LDL synthesis. This defect of catabolism may be the primary defect in type II hyperlipoproteinemia or, alternatively, may be secondary to an underlying abnormality in lipid metabolism."

LDL cholesterol - General Practice Notebook
"...Low density lipoproteins (LDLs) are lipid storage molecules formed by the action of extrahepatic lipoprotein lipase on VLDL and intermediate density lipoprotein molecules. They have a half-life of days. About two-thirds to four-fifths of serum cholesterol is present in LDL."

T

tca300

Just got mine, smells great in my opinion. As soon as I smelled it, I strongly desired to eat it, but I will resist the temptation so my rat can indulge.

Rat was just given human equivalent of 300mg, but with a low fat meal ( skim milk, small amount of OJ and honey, so might negatively effect how much is absorbed ). I will report back with results etc...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
T

tca300

Rat has been taking a total human equivalent dose of 600-800mg per day mixed with mct oil, with zero other changes in its daily regime.
Still too soon to make serious claims but things noticed so far are
● Less water retention
● Relaxed and nappy
● Strength Improvements
● Improved cognitive function

Rat will continue use, and report any other observable effects.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rat has been taking a total human equivalent dose of 600-800mg per day mixed with mct oil, with zero other changes in its daily regime.
● Less water retention
● Relaxed and nappy
● Strength Improvements

Very nice. Thank you for posting your observations. :hattip

OP
LifeGivingStore
I sincerely appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you!

A reminder that today is Columbus day in the United States so the Post Office is closed. We will get out all orders waiting to be shipped first thing Tuesday morning.

Hope everyone has a great day today and happy researching!

We are looking forward to our next product that will be announced most likely tomorrow. If anyone wants a sneak peak you can check out our website.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LifeGivingStore
Thank you @LifeGivingStore for creating another solid resource option for QUALITY products centered around RP ideas ❤️
Thank you Lisa! The official announcement will be in the next few hours. We are super excited about this!!!

We are also in the process of working on our third product as we speak. It is being manufactured and should be available in less then 2 weeks. It is a product in the Ray Peat community that is a powerful metabolic stimulator and we intend to bring it to you at the most affordable price that we can. We know some people have not been able to get into this product because of the high costs, we are doing everything we can to keep that cost down and we look forward to making this available very soon. Look for a hint on what it is in our announcement thread today.

aarfai

Is anyone still taking cholesterol powder with good results? I would certainly appreciate an update. My cholesterol came back rather low at 160 and thinking of trying it

tomisonbottom

yes have 2 eggs and almost 1 cup of table sugar daily

I think ray says Fructose specifically is much better than sucrose for raising it. You might want to try more fruit, or a sucrose/fructose combo. I know sucrose has fructose in it, but some people seem to need a higher ratio

tomisonbottom

● Less water retention
● Relaxed and nappy
● Strength Improvements

Did you continue taking it?

KyleKingsly

Any new reports or experiences with this stuff? Seems pretty interesting, altho I believe I already have high cholesterol thanks to genetics (not sure if that's actually a bad thing or not, need to do more research) so I'm not sure if this would be helpful or not.

goodandevil

I think ray says Fructose specifically is much better than sucrose for raising it. You might want to try more fruit, or a sucrose/fructose combo. I know sucrose has fructose in it, but some people seem to need a higher ratio
I think fructose is better for replenishing liver glycogen, probably why