Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

golder

Only available in the 15g format? Will you ever increase it so we can get it at slightly higher economies of scale?

OP
LifeGivingStore
Only available in the 15g format? Will you ever increase it so we can get it at slightly higher economies of scale?
Hi James, thank you for your inquiry.

Right now it is only available in 15g, but due to your inquiry we are now considering offering it in higher amounts. Soon as we make a decision I will post to this thread.

If you have any more questions or suggestions please let us know.

OP
LifeGivingStore
And how many mg correspond to one dose ? Do we have to take a gram or less will be sufficient ?
Hi SuperHeavy, thank you for your inquiry.

Due to the product being for laboratory and research use we cannot make dosing suggestions. If you scan through this thread there are members who have discussed dosing.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Epistrophy

I recently emailed Dr. Peat regarding using cholesterol supplementation for sickle cell anemia.

"That sounds reasonable, the problem is to find a safe source, since a little impurity can be very harmful".

I have been using the cholesterol powder but I am a bit worried that impurities could arise without knowing. Especially the oxidative products of cholesterol could be harmful.

mimmo123

I recently emailed Dr. Peat regarding using cholesterol supplementation for sickle cell anemia.

"That sounds reasonable, the problem is to find a safe source, since a little impurity can be very harmful".

I have been using the cholesterol powder but I am a bit worried that impurities could arise without knowing. Especially the oxidative products of cholesterol could be harmful.

Yea he told me the same thing I'm still using it though. I put the package it comes in into a sealed bag then put that sealed bag in a mason jar and keep it in the refrigerator

golder

I still wonder what the 0.9% impurities compounds are.

I will take your advice with the sealing.

Also very concerned. The real problem is that I don’t think the vendor actually knows. They’ve done their best to source a high quality product (which is fantastic), but this will remain quite a large ‘unknown’.

mimmo123

Also very concerned. The real problem is that I don’t think the vendor actually knows. They’ve done their best to source a high quality product (which is fantastic), but this will remain quite a large ‘unknown’.

Here's what Ray wrote me...

"If cholesterol isn’t stored properly it is going to oxidize into toxic substances. 0.9% of such impurities could make it very dangerous."

Basically if it oxidizes your screwed. The vendor told me the shelf life is a couple years

I just take really good care of storing it properly and buying only the amounts I'm actually going to use rather then trying to store it

jitsmonkey

@LifeGivingStore can you speak with some certainty regarding the concerns noted by Peat and these last few comments regarding safety, oxidation, storage, etc... I've read some of your answers to this previously and while satisfactory they still leave a large "gap of trust" required. I think those interested in engaging with this product would likely appreciate some more assurances that its being sourced correctly and handled safely both in house and during shipping where it can be exposed to some seriously high temps depending upon the season.

OP
LifeGivingStore
@LifeGivingStore can you speak with some certainty regarding the concerns noted by Peat and these last few comments regarding safety, oxidation, storage, etc... I've read some of your answers to this previously and while satisfactory they still leave a large "gap of trust" required. I think those interested in engaging with this product would likely appreciate some more assurances that its being sourced correctly and handled safely both in house and during shipping where it can be exposed to some seriously high temps depending upon the season.
Hi jitsmonkey, thank you for your inquiry. As you noted we have directly addressed this before. We source from the top laboratories in the United States. They are aware of the oxidation issues so they take steps to make sure it does not happen. Once we receive it we store it in glass jars that have had all the air removed and keep it in a dark/cool place. We not seen any adverse reactions in our lab use and have noted many positive experiences that are replicated by many other researchers.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

alywest

@charlie are you able to report on whether or not your subject's cholesterol levels were improved with supplementation at this time?

M

member 6316

what's the benefit of supplementing with cholesterol when you can easily get it from food?

opethfeldt

what's the benefit of supplementing with cholesterol when you can easily get it from food?
You could potentially supplement more than you could easily get from food. Eggs are the best source but eggs also have PUFA. Using a powder, you get what you want with no drawbacks. That's how I see it anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals