CHELATING HEAVY METALS

"Mercury stores in the body in the following order:

In the kidney
In the liver
In neurological tissue
In the GI tract
In the rest of the body tissues"
Very interesting. The first thing I noticed at about hour 3 of milk fasting was that my urine became noticeably acidic for the next few releases. I remember having the thought that it felt weaponized.
That mercury toxicity is primarily a result of binding/inactivating/depleting selenium.
Turns out that animal kidney (e.g. beef kidney) is the most concentrated source of selenium in nature (as far as I know). Oysters are up there of course and people commonly suggest Brazil nuts... but I am skeptical that the form of selenium found in Brazil nuts is as 'bioavailable' as that found in animal tissue.

Never looked into the matter, but there was a short period of a little less than two weeks where I was regularly eating a half pound of Brazil nuts about every third day. Also did a lot of cacao, macadamia, and shredded coconut during that time. It was somewhat fine until it wasn't. Haven't gotten a net-neutral response from a Brazil nut ever since (about 2.5 years later).

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Very interesting. The first thing I noticed at about hour 3 of milk fasting was that my urine became noticeably acidic for the next few releases. I remember having the thought that it felt weaponized.

Turns out that animal kidney (e.g. beef kidney) is the most concentrated source of selenium in nature (as far as I know). Oysters are up there of course and people commonly suggest Brazil nuts... but I am skeptical that the form of selenium found in Brazil nuts is as 'bioavailable' as that found in animal tissue.

Never looked into the matter, but there was a short period of a little less than two weeks where I was regularly eating a half pound of Brazil nuts about every third day. Also did a lot of cacao, macadamia, and shredded coconut during that time. It was somewhat fine until it wasn't. Haven't gotten a net-neutral response from a Brazil nut ever since (about 2.5 years later).

"Weaponized" as in a good thing, in that the calcium gave your kidney's a boost possibly by taking out heavy metals?

"Weaponized" as in a good thing, in that the calcium gave your kidney's a boost possibly by taking out heavy metals?
Certainly. It was a tremendous relief initially... the biggest sign to me that it's what I was missing.

I had a great lack of calcium in my diet before that considering that I couldn't stick to oyster or egg shells without consequences at the time, so whatever benefit calcium specifically offers the kidneys, I felt the full force of it. My first thought at the time was just simply that I was overly acidic and the milk was hyper alkalizing, but it's difficult to know for certain what the mechanism of healing was/is. All I can say for certain is that milk heals!

It gave rise to a binary thought that the flesh of the animal is useful for the liver to clean up fat-soluble problems and the milk of the animal is useful for the kidney to clean up water-soluble problems.
I'm really glad God designed my body to be smarter than me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Certainly. It was a tremendous relief initially... the biggest sign to me that it's what I was missing.

I had a great lack of calcium in my diet before that considering that I couldn't stick to oyster or egg shells without consequences at the time, so whatever benefit calcium specifically offers the kidneys, I felt the full force of it. My first thought at the time was just simply that I was overly acidic and the milk was hyper alkalizing, but it's difficult to know for certain what the mechanism of healing was/is. All I can say for certain is that milk heals!

It gave rise to a binary thought that the flesh of the animal is useful for the liver to clean up fat-soluble problems and the milk of the animal is useful for the kidney to clean up water-soluble problems.
I'm really glad God designed my body to be smarter than me.

The milk has really done the trick for me too!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"During aging, our tissues tend to store an excess of iron. There is a remarkably close association between the amount of iron stored in our tissues and the risk of death from cancer, heart disease, or from all causes. This relationship between iron and death rate exists even during childhood, but the curve is downward until the age of 12, and then it rises steadily until death. The shape of this curve, representing the iron burden, is amazingly similar to the curves representing the rate of death in general, and the rate of death from cancer. There is no other relationship in biology that I know of that has this peculiar shape, with its minimum at the age of 12, and its maximum in old age at the time of death." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Below are a few nutritional strategies used to help the body against the ravages of heavy metals:

Selenium: Selenium is an inhibitor of mercury accumulation and increases excretion of mercury and arsenic. Selenium also increases toxic metal excretion (Li 2012).Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a free-radical scavenger that can protect against oxidative damage caused by lead (Patrick 2006), mercury (Xu 2007), and cadmium (Ji 2012).Folate: Active folate (not folic acid) is a cofactor in sulfur-containing amino acid metabolism. Sulfur-containing amino acids (cysteine and methionine) are precursors to known heavy metal chelators (alpha-lipoic acid and glutathione – see below). In a study of 1,105 pregnant women, 841 of which were followed through late pregnancy or delivery, higher blood folate levels were associated with lower blood mercury levels during mid- and late-pregnancy (Kim 2013)Garlic: Garlic contains many active sulfur compounds derived from cysteine with potential metal-chelating properties. Garlic lowered lead levels in the blood of industrial workers as effectively as the chelator d-penicillamine (Kianoush 2012).Lipoic Acid and Glutathione: Sulfur-containing compounds can complex with heavy metals, and the sulfur antioxidants alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) and glutathione have been demonstrated to chelate a number of metals (mercury for glutathione; cadmium, lead, zinc, cobalt, nickel, iron, and copper for ALA) (Patrick 2002). ALA and glutathione reduced some of the adverse changes in blood parameters, including drops in red blood cell number and size as well as reductions in hemoglobin concentration brought about by intoxication with lead, cadmium, or copper (Nikolic 2013).[5]"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"One of the major lines of aging research, going back to the early part of this century, was based on the accumulation of a brown material in the tissues known as "age-pigment." The technical name for this material, "lipofuscin," means "fatty brown stuff." In the 1960s, the "free radical theory" of aging was introduced by Denham Harman, and this theory has converged with the age-pigment theory, since we now know that the age-pigment is an oxidized mass of unsaturated fat and iron, formed by uncontrolled free radicals. Until a few years ago, these ideas were accepted by only a few researchers, but now practically every doctor in the country accepts that free radicals are important in the aging process. A nutrition researcher in San Diego suspected that the life-extending effects of calorie restriction might be the result of a decreased intake of toxins. He removed the toxic heavy metals from foods, and found that the animals which ate a normal amount of food lived as long as the semi-starved animals. Recently, the iron content of food has been identified as the major life-shortening factor, rather than the calories." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"An excess of iron, by destroying vitamin E and oxidizing the unsaturated fats in red blood cells, can contribute to hemolytic anemia, in which red cells are so fragile that they break down too fast. In aging, red cells break down faster, and are usually produced more slowly, increasing the tendency to become anemic, but additional iron tends to be more dangerous for older people." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Too much iron can cause Alzheimer’s disease.

During normal aging, the gradual accumulation of iron is observed in some brain areas, such as the substantia nigra, an area of the brain in part responsible for movement and understanding positive response or a reward, the putamen, an area of the brain in part responsible for limb movement and is thought to be implicated in Tourette’s Syndrome and Parkinson’s Disease, the globus pallidus, an area of the brain also involved in voluntary and involuntary movements such as tremors and the caudate nucleus, an area of the brain involved in memory, learning, language, and other cognitive functions.

An increase in the level of iron in Alzheimer’s disease brains was first demonstrated in 1953. More recently, through the use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), iron accumulation was found in Alzheimer’s disease and was shown to be mainly localized to certain brain areas, such as the parietal cortex, motor cortex, and hippocampus. Studies of gene mutations that affect the metabolism of iron have suggested that the dyshomeostasis (the breakdown of the delicate balancing system of iron metabolism) plays a role in neuronal death, such as the neuronal death that occurs in neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.

As a potent source of highly toxic hydroxyl radicals, redox-active iron is actively associated with senile plaques and neurofibrillary tangles (NFTs), the primary marker for Alzheimer’s disease."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Children's nutritional requirements are high, because they are growing, but there are indications that in the U.S. even children eat too much iron. Some researchers are concerned that the iron added to cereals is contributing to the incidence of leukemia and cancers of the lymphatic tissues in children. [Goodfield, 1984.] During the time of rapid growth, children are less likely than adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. [Blood, Sept., 1976.] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region." -Ray Peat

HighT

I heard that they take about 250 ml for blood donations here, but Im not putting mask or anything like that. So is it possible to extract safely 100 ml or so at home?o_O

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I heard that they take about 250 ml for blood donations here, but Im not putting mask or anything like that. So is it possible to extract safely 100 ml or so at home?o_O

How would you extract from home?

David PS

Last edited:

Mary Lyn

This is what Im asking . If its posiible to take out blood with sirynge or something by yourself. Anyone tried it ?

Last time I gave a blood sample for a private company, with a prick with a lancet at the end of a finger, I was surprised at the speed with which the blood was flowing from it and wondered if I could do this for the purpose of blood letting one day. Would there be any objection of blood going into the drains?

Last time I gave a blood sample for a private company, with a prick with a lancet at the end of a finger, I was surprised at the speed with which the blood was flowing from it and wondered if I could do this for the purpose of blood letting one day. Would there be any objection of blood going into the drains?
Maybe you could water a plant with it and see what happens lol

HighT

I set up things for tomorrow or the day after to go in local hospital without mask and give blood (not for donating or hormones as they dont do them there) just for chollesterol check and this kind of stuff. Hopefully the nurse agree to take out 100ml. JFL. Then I wil post result here for you knowledgable people to read it.
Ye I know but I dont think its sufficent for heavy metals cleanse, just look messy. But if the nurse refuse to take much I will leave the hole on the vein without cover LOL. Wish me luck I live up to tell :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals