MUSHROOMS - WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW

mr.mag

Agaricus bisporus (J. E. Lange) Sing: Isildak et al (2004) reported that this mushroom could absorb heavy metals like copper, cadmium, lead, zinc, manganese, iron, chromium and nickel. The level of copper was quite high compared to other metal ions. According to Kalac et al (2004), cultivated A. bisporus absorb less amount of cadmium compared to plants growing in wild. Similar report on biosorption of heavy metals was also published by Demirbas (2001) and Sesli & Tuzen (1999). This mushroom is reported to be very susceptible to increasing content of mercury and to a lesser extent of cadmium in substrate and bio-accumulates both the metals and lead in its fruiting bodies (Tuzen et al, 1998).

Heavy metals accumulate more in some mushrooms than in others

Heavy metals in mushrooms and their relationship with soil characteristics - ScienceDirect

cyclops

Are there any types of mushrooms that should just be avoided? Where the cons just outweighs the pros and they really shouldn't be a major part of the diet.

I'm talking about the handful of more normal varieties (white button, cremini, shiitake, portobello, etc) that are easy to get at most every market. They all pretty good after a long boil? I'd just rotate them then.

OP
M

mr.mag

.... Agaricus bisporus (white button) showed high potential to absorb heavy metals like Cr, Cu, Cd and Z
the heavy metals can wreak dire consequences on AI, digestion, and a plethora of human functions

cyclops

. Agaricus bisporus (white button) showed high potential to absorb heavy metals like Cr, Cu, Cd and Z
the heavy metals can wreak dire consequences on AI, digestion, and a plethora of human functions

Do you eat any type of mushrooms? Or recommend any?

OP
M

mr.mag

not since I read this stuff - I did put some Chaga from a birch tree nearby in my oxtail soup

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom