CHELATING HEAVY METALS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here are two of my magnetic steel pieces that passed the magnet test, on the bottom AND sides. The model number on the Caphalon is 5005 and the OXO is 8148

Attachments

• 20211123_151745.jpg
    20211123_151745.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211123_151812.jpg
    20211123_151812.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Q. What should I do if my doctor tells me I'm anemic? Is there any situation in which a person needs to take iron supplements?

"Iron deficiency anemia does exist, in laboratory situations and in some cases of chronic bleeding, but I believe it should be the last-suspected cause of anemia, instead of the first. It should be considered as a possible cause of anemia only when very specific blood tests show an abnormally low degree of iron saturation of certain proteins. Usually, physicians consider the amount of hemoglobin or of red cells in the blood as the primary indicator of a need for iron, but that just isn't biologically reasonable." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Iron destroys vitamin E, so vitamin E should be taken as a supplement. It shouldn't be taken at the same time as the iron-contaminated food, because iron reacts with it in the stomach. About 100 mg. per day is adequate, though our requirement increases with age, as our tissue iron stores increase. Coffee, when taken with food, strongly inhibits the absorption of iron, so I always try to drink coffee with meat. Decreasing your consumption of unsaturated fats makes the iron less harmful." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"When the Teflon coating is scratched the particles can end up in your food. While reports from the manufacturers have shown us that these particles do not pose a serious health risk. They should not be consumed. But are manufacturers telling us the truth? Are there any health risks associated with the consumption of Teflon particles or Teflon use in general?

According to the American Cancer Society. The real concern here is the toxic fumes the coating emits when the cookware is overheated. Exposure to these fumes can cause polymer fume fever. A condition that’s potentially fatal to humans and animals. So! is Teflon cookware safe if it’s kept at the recommended temperature?

Even if you follow the manufacturer’s instructions! and don’t place this cookware in the oven and keep it at an ideal temperature. The Teflon can heat up to an unsafe temperature. This can cause the coating to break down and emit harmful fumes. These fumes are toxic to people and animals but can be especially dangerous to birds."

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Purity is important. It’s best to choose calcium supplements with labels that state “purified” or, if you’re in the U.S., have the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) symbol. Avoid supplements made from unrefined oyster shell, bone meal, or dolomite that don’t have the USP symbol because they may contain high levels of lead or other toxic metals."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Anemia in women is caused most often by a thyroid deficiency (as discussed in the chapter on thyroid), or by various nutritional deficiencies. Estrogen (even in animals that don't menstruate) causes dilution of the blood, so that it is normal for females to have lower hemoglobin than males." -Ray Peat

Grapelander

"The aluminum industry started propagandizing more than 50 years ago about the "safety" of aluminum utensils, claiming that practically none of the toxic metal gets into the food. Recent research showed that coffee percolated in an aluminum pot contained a large amount of dissolved aluminum, because of coffee's acidity." -Ray Peat
BUNN Coffeemakers use stainless steel and not aluminum.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yerrag posted this interesting bit of knowledge in a Zeta thread....

"Zeta potential is a measure of how well blood flows. When the value is low, it is said to be thick and full of sludge. When value is high, it is said to be thin. It is expressed as a negative value, as I understand it. So, a. high negative value shows high zeta potential, such as say
-10,000 compared to a low zeta of -1,000.

Generally, the higher the valence number of the cation in a salt, and the lower the valence number of the anion, the lower the effect is on the zeta potential.

This is why aluminum, having a valence number of 3, paired with sulfate, with a valence number of 1, is likely to lower zeta potential. And why the use of aluminum as an adjuvant in vaccination is not beneficial. The use of aluminum in cookware could also have the effect of lowering zeta potential.

Potassium citrate on the other hand, increases zeta potential. Potassium has a valence of 1, and citrate has a valence of 3.

Zeta potential is used widely in industry where flow is an important parameter to control. In processing materials where the process has to proceed with less impediments to continuity in flow, such as in mining. Or in making paints and Inks, where thixotropy, or resistance to flow, aka sleepiness to flow, as in needing to be woke up, is a key property in the rheology of fluids."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Detoxification is important for removing the accumulation of harmful toxins in the body. Toxic overload can lead to chronic fatigue, low energy, bloating, mental confusion, inflammation, and food sensitivities. Drinking alkaline water can help detox the body of heavy metals, such as mercury. In a 2003 study published in the journal Ambio, researchers found that alkaline water had a protective effect against mercury in 43 women who lived in an alkaline-rich area in Sweden."

KCM

Anyone who had Gadolinium injection tried chelating it, even if their symptoms don't seem extreme or seem to be from another condition entirely? (for me GI issues that were there before contrast was given)

P

Peatness

Dr Peat suggests coffee and orange juice as chelators for gadolinium. I can't say if this works or not. I drink both. I was injected with contrast dye in the past.

KCM

Dr Peat suggests coffee and orange juice as chelators for gadolinium. I can't say if this works or not. I drink both. I was injected with contrast dye in the past.

Any stand out symptoms from being injected with the contrast dye? perhaps I'm freaking out a bit about the long term effects. How long ago was it?

Unfortunately orange juice gives me quite bad reflux. Low stomach acid I guess. My elastase 1 in stool is also low so absorption of foods is often poor.

David PS

Any stand out symptoms from being injected with the contrast dye? perhaps I'm freaking out a bit about the long term effects. How long ago was it?

Unfortunately orange juice gives me quite bad reflux. Low stomach acid I guess. My elastase 1 in stool is also low so absorption of foods is often poor.

Symptoms Associated with Gadolinium Exposure (SAGE): A Suggested Term

Gadolinium Retention in Human Brain, Bone, and Skin

Edit:

Self-reported gadolinium toxicity: a survey of patients with chronic symptoms

Last edited:
P

Peatness

I have most of the symptoms listed on the link posted above. I'm sure my doctors will claim other reasons for my those symptoms. Repeated radiation from xrays and ct scans can also cause these issues so when combined with contrast dyes I'm sure the effect is multiplied.

KCM

I have most of the symptoms listed on the link posted above. I'm sure my doctors will claim other reasons for my those symptoms. Repeated radiation from xrays and ct scans can also cause these issues so when combined with contrast dyes I'm sure the effect is multiplied.

How many times did you receive contrast dye? I've been hit with it either once or twice. First time I'm trying to figure out if it was actually MRI as I can't remember.

I feel sick reading about this.

P

Peatness

How many times did you receive contrast dye? I've been hit with it either once or twice. First time I'm trying to figure out if it was actually MRI as I can't remember.

I feel sick reading about this.
Twice

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"We purchased 15 protein powders and drinks mainly in the New York metro area or online and tested multiple samples of each for arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. The results showed a considerable range, but levels in three products were of particular concern because consuming three servings a day could result in daily exposure to arsenic, cadmium, or lead exceeding the limits proposed by USP.

"We found that three daily servings of the ready-to-drink liquid EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate Shake provides an average of 16.9 micrograms (µg) of arsenic, exceeding the proposed USP limit of 15 µg per day, and an average of 5.1 µg of cadmium, which is just above the USP limit of 5 µg per day. Concentrations in most products were relatively low, but when taking into account the large serving size suggested, the number of micrograms per day for a few of the products was high compared with most others tested.

The samples of Muscle Milk Chocolate powder we tested contained all four heavy metals, and levels of three metals in the product were among the highest of all in our tests. Average cadmium levels of 5.6 µg in three daily servings slightly exceeded the USP limit of 5 µg per day, and the average lead level of 13.5 µg also topped the USP limit of 10 µg per day. The average arsenic level of 12.2 µg was approaching the USP limit of 15 µg per day, and the average for mercury was 0.7 µg, well below the USP's 15 µg-per-day limit. Three daily servings of Muscle Milk Vanilla Crème contained 12.2 µg of lead, exceeding lead limits, and 11.2 µg of arsenic. A fourth product, Muscle Milk Nutritional Shake Chocolate (liquid), provided an average of 14.3 µg of arsenic per day from three servings, approaching the proposed USP limit.

Cadmium raises special concern because it accumulates in and can damage the kidneys, the same organs that can be damaged by excessive protein consumption. And it can take 20 years for the body to eliminate even half the cadmium absorbed today."