Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Calcirol - Liquid Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Dec 10, 2017.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

What vitamin D drops are you using? What is the total daily dose used?

2. Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Hi Haidut, I used 5-7 drops of the idealabs product on my arms every morning after breakfast.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Peat said that topical vitamin D can be a problem when applied to extremities since not much reaches the systemic circulation. He recommended applying on torso or shoulders for more systemic effects.

4. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

What she's attributing to a lack of magnesia could very well be caused in part by a depletion of vit K. In some of those cases magnesium only eased the problem but didn't fix, others had to reduce the dose to tolerate.

--
    Vitamins D and K as Pleiotropic Nutrients: Clinical Importance to the Skeletal and Cardiovascular Systems and Preliminary Evidence for Synergy

"Vitamins K and D also overlap metabolically at the cellular level. The cyclic oxidation and reduction of vitamin K is a source of electron transfer for antioxidant power to protect living cells against oxidative attack.[182] Likewise, D3/cholecalciferol has potent antioxidant capacity as evidenced in rats.[183] Using cultured human osteoblasts, Japanese researchers discovered that vitamin K2 promotes normal vitamin D-stimulated osteocalcin accumulation and mineralization processes in these cells.[184] Human osteoblasts also carry the vitamin K cycle enzymes, and 1,25D enhances the reductive recycling of MK-4.[185] Hence vitamins K and D can mutually enhance each other's metabolism, a biochemical reciprocity consistent with clinical synergy."​

--

5. Vinero

Vinero Member

Vitamin D3 gives me a rash, red bumpy itchy spots on my arms en neck. I wonder what this could mean?
    If I take it topically I get the rash at the site of application. When taken orally I get it on my arms and neck.
    I have tried healthnatura vitamin D3 too and I get the same reaction. I also get a very lethargic inflamed feeling after taking it. I think Vitamin D3 increases inflammation by activating the immune system. Maybe it causes some die-off.

6. Luk3

Luk3 Member

Does this apply just to vitamin D? I’ve been applying both calcirol and Magnoil on arms.

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think he said it mostly about vitamin D and recommended upper arms and shoulders if it is used topically.

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It can also lower cortisol, and this can create a feeling of lethargy if thyroid function is not strong enough to pick up the slack.

9. Luk3

Luk3 Member

Thanks

10. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

11. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks so much for this! No wonder Peat holds it in such high esteem. I always wondered why he likes apigenin and naringenin considering he is very wary of plants and then I found out both are potent phyto-progestogens :):

12. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

14. LuMonty

LuMonty Member

I've had two bottles of this stuff so far. Has helped immensely, as I've always had low D levels without supplementation.

My first bottle was with SFA esters and ethanol. Immediately felt better using it. Ran out today and had already bought another bottle, this time with FEMA 2145. The difference is positive, even more than the first bottle. In both cases I applied 8 drops to my chest. About 3 minutes after using the 2145 Calcirol, I had a huge uplifting, focused feeling. My routine hasn't changed since my use of the first bottle.

Will Calcirol have the FEMA 2145 from now on? And if it wouldn't be any trouble, what could account for such a huge difference between the two?

15. jaakkima

jaakkima Member

Hmm. I haven't had luck on arms either. I'm trying it on my neck currently, hoping it will work. PS Just started a bottle with the ethyl acetoacetate and not sure yet but pretty sure I feel a much stronger effect from it, wonder if I'll have to lessen dosage.

16. ddjd

ddjd Member

any ideas why supplemental vitamin D seems to make my hair greasier?

17. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Is this from Calcirol? First time I get a report like that...

18. baccheion

baccheion Member

Aside: oily hair is associated with low vitamin B2, a cofactor involved with converting vitamin D to its active form.

19. ddjd

ddjd Member

great info thanks