Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Calcirol - Liquid Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Dec 10, 2017.

1. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

"Since Calcirol is a transdermal application I wonder if the body treats it like the sun".....I wonder about this too...I no longer take oral D...mine comes from Estroban and Calcirol...anywhere from 2000 to 4000 iu ...then the appropriate amt A to balance...but I still sunbathe 3-4 days per week.

2. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

"mine comes from Estroban and Calcirol" now you are really getting a T-Shirt...

3. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

My decisions based on lots of research and then aways open to improvement...Re Calcirol/Estroban: ..."only the best, forget the rest"
    Hold the t-shirt, dropping weight fast after going back to low fat...

4. managing

managing Member

I am still using 3-4 drops/day spread out, without K or A. Does D3 need to be balanced with either of those?

5. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

Don't get to skinny...

6. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

no chance..still carry plenty adipose from lifetime of stress, beer, steak, sausage... and more beer...stocky German I am, but weight not bad after loosing 50# several yrs back

7. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

That’s why we like each other Deutschland...

8. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

An ice cold LandShark Lager, in a cold glass beckons me still, every once in a while...I know, don't tell me....

9. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

@haidut This supplement makes me feel incredible. I have been tested as being very vitamin d deficient both of the past two winters. That makes sense considering i live in Chicago. I have gotten plenty of sun exposure in the last month so i am a bit confused why my body seems to need this vitamin so much this time of year. Any insight?

10. Owen B

Owen B Member

It was a potato allergy. I don't think it had anything to do with the D3. I.e., the burning and nausea.

Bummer. My digestion was so much better after I got yogurt out of my system. I was digesting the potatoes with no bloating. It wasn't lactose intolerance either.

11. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Glad to hear it is helping! As somebody else pointed out in another thread, the sun-generated vitamin D seems to be a very tightly controlled process and probably depends on metabolic state as well. So, sitting in the sun for 30min MAY generate a lot of vitamin D in the first few days but after that the effects probably wane. I know plenty of people who sit in the sun all day (construction workers) and still have vitamin D deficiency.

12. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

What do you think the reason for this is? Do you think the construction workers bodies are preventing the vit D increase for some reason, to protect the body somehow?

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, yes, too much vitamin D can cause a lot of issues with hypercalcemia, kidney stones, or hyper-excitability. The synthesis of most steroids (like vitamin D) is under very tight control.

14. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Would them supplementing with D for example cause them major issues, do you think? How would you approach raising someones levels that had a deficiency that spent all day in the sun, or should you even attempt this? I remember Peat saying he knew liver avoiders that couldn't raise their D levels despite massive D doses, perhaps the construction men are deficient in something else (that's present in liver?) that prevents the D from raising within the body.

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I would do blood tests for calcitriol (also known as active vitamin D), vitamin D3, PTH, phosphorus, and prolactin. I would only supplement vitamin D3 if these come back in good range. Some people have low D3 but high calcitirol, and for those people extra vitamin D3 may not be advisable.

16. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

"The opinions expressed here are strictly my own, and provided for informational purposes only. They are not a substitute for a doctor’s medical care/advice. Health decisions about anybody should always be vetted by a doctor."
    ?
    I thought that you held the truth.
    employingalawer.org

What are the SFA esters in some of your supplements?

--
    - Fortification of orange juice with vitamin D: a novel approach for enhancing vitamin D nutritional health | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

"When the same subjects ingested 25 000 IU vitamin D2 in 3 different vehicles (whole milk, skim milk, and corn oil on toast), the increases in their blood vitamin D2 concentrations were not significantly different. These results show that fat is not required for vitamin D to be bioavailable. On the basis of these results, it was reasonable to consider fortifying nonfat beverages such as orange juice with vitamin D. Orange juice is an ideal beverage to fortify with vitamin D because it is highly nutritious and is usually consumed at breakfast. Because orange juice has a pH of ≈4, there was concern that the vitamin D added to it would not be stable. However, we determined by analysis with HPLC that the concentration of vitamin D3 remained unchanged after storage for 30 d at 4 °C."

"Subjects who ingested 240 mL orange juice fortified with 1000 IU vitamin D3 daily had significant increases in their serum 25(OH)D concentrations compared with subjects who ingested the same amount of orange juice that was not fortified with vitamin D3. The subjects who ingested vitamin D–fortified orange juice not only increased their 25(OH)D concentrations by > 150% over a period of 12 wk but also had a significant 25% decrease in PTH concentrations that was associated with a 20% decrease in the concentration of urine N-telopeptide, a marker for bone turnover. The subjects who ingested vitamin D3–fortified orange juice did not experience any untoward side effects."

"1000 IU vitamin D3 per day is not only safe but is very effective in maintaining serum 25(OH)D concentrations in the mid-normal range"

"We found that ingestion of orange juice containing 1000 IU vitamin D was very effective in enhancing the vitamin D status of adult subjects." "We know with certainty that 1000 IU vitamin D in 240 mL orange juice is bioavailable."​

- https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.1996.10718604

"As its composite salt, CCM [calcium citrate-malate] is approximately 10 times more soluble than Ca citrate [1]. Because fruits naturally contain significant quantities of citric and malic acids [5], CCM is particularly suitable in terms of solubility and taste for fortification of fruit juices. Although the importance of solubility per se for Ca absorption is unclear [1], previous reports have described significantly greater Ca absorption from CCM fortified orange juice compared to milk and Ca carbonate [3,6,7]."

"In healthy adult humans consuming their normal self-selected diets, Ca absorption has a several-fold range depending on the Ca source. At the low end of the spectrum, the Ca in spinach and Ca oxalate have been reported to be absorbed at 5% and 10%, respectively [2,13]. Values reported for Ca carbonate, the most common form of supplemental Ca, general range from a low of about 22% to a high of 30% when assessed with methods like those utilized here [3,4,6,7]. Ca absorption from milk, the predominant dietary Ca source in the US, has generally been observed to be 25-30% [2-4], although a greater value has been reported [13]. Ca absorption from other dairy sources is similar to that of milk [4]. Thus, CCM-OJ [orange juice] and particularly CCM-AJ [apfel juice] demonstrate relatively high Ca absorbabilities with over one-third of an oral dose being absorbed in humans."

"Utilizing three animal species, we found greater calcium absorbability from CCM-AJ compared to CCM-OJ. By mimicking the carbohydrate and organic acid contents of the juices in test solutions, it was possible to demonstrate that the higher fructose to glucose molar ratio and the lower acid content of CCM-AJ were together responsible for greater 47Ca retention." "Using a variety of experimental techniques, glucose has been shown in some studies [14,15], but not in others [16], to enhance Ca absorption in both rats and humans. However, although the total carbohydrate content of apple and orange juices is nearly the same, the glucose: fructose molar ratios are approximately 1:2 and 1:1, respectively [5]. These data suggest that fructose possesses a greater capacity to modify Ca absorption than glucose. The mechanism for this action is unclear, but may be similar to that proposed by Saltman to account for the enhancing effect of fructose on iron absorption, which involves formation of a stable, rapidly absorbed, iron-fructose chelate [17]."

"Less information is available on the effects of organic acids on Ca absorption. Ca oxalate is known to exhibit low Ca absorption [13]. However, Ca absorption from salts of gluconate, acetate, citrate and lactate have been reported to be equivalent and to yield Ca absorption equivalent to milk and Ca carbonate [18]. In the current study, modifying organic acid profiles to match those in apple and orange juice had no variable effect on Ca absorption when carbohydrates were excluded from the test solutions. However, in the presence of carbohydrates, the higher acid content of orange juice resulted in lower Ca absorption. Although the gram quantities of organic acids in fruit juices are several fold lower than the carbohydrate contents, the organic acids were equivalent to carbohydrates in terms of their potency to modify Ca absorption when both carbohydrates and acids were present. This is an example of how food components may interact, even in a relatively simple matrix, to affect nutrient absorption."​

- https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02563819 (already posted clscvvhcrc)

"It is true that, typically, at least some of the ingested calcium will be dissolved in stomach acid. It is also true that even the most insoluble of the tested sources is relatively more soluble under such conditions. However, absorption of calcium does not take place from the stomach but from the small intestine, and mainly from the jejunum and ileum, where pH is commonly above 6.5. Under these conditions, the ions dissolved in the stomach will reassociate and reprecipitate to varying degrees, though the extent to which this will occur is unknown. Ionic strength of the intestinal contents is so high and there are so many potential complexing sites on suspended but undissolved materials, that bench conditions are not particularly relevant, whatever the pH. In any event, an explanation that relies on slow or incomplete reprecipitation places gastric acid solubilization in a central position in the absorptive scheme. However, as already noted, calcium carbonate is absorbed essentially normally in persons with pentagastrin-resistent or pharmacologically induced achlorhydria [5, 6], at least so long as the salt is co-ingested with food [5, 10]. Hence, though gastric acid may be involved, when and if secreted, it cannot be essential for absorption of even the less soluble calcium salts. Clearly, therefore, under at least some conditions, absorption proceeds in the probable absence of solubilization of the salt concerned."

"there is evidence that bisglycinocalcium, and possibly other chelates, are absorbed as an intact complex [22]. Similarly, our finding of the absence of tracer exchange during oxalate absorption, described elsewhere [7], also suggests absorption without prior dissociation."

"Cart and Shangraw [23] have stressed the importance of disintegration in regard to the availability of a calcium supplement tablet, and this emphasis seems preeminently correct. However, the findings reported here raise doubt about the importance of a distinct dissolution standard [2], especially when both calcium oxalate and hydroxyapatite--generally considered to be at the nadir of insolubility--exhibit absorbability values from one-fourth to one-third as good as the most soluble preparations available."

"The relative weakness of the solubility paradigm is evident also in the data for both spinach and bone meal. In each food source there is a single, dominant calcium species. Yet knowledge of the absorbability of that species does not predict calcium absorbability from the food concerned. The oxalate and apatite salts have similar intrinsic solubilities and absorbabilities. Yet, as we have shown previously, spinach calcium is significantly less well absorbed than oxalate calcium [7, 8], and, as we show here, bone meal calcium is substantially better absorbed than hydroxyapatite. The chemicals differ in absorbability by a factor of less than 2x whereas the foods differ by more than 5x."​

- Interactions between Vitamin D Deficiency and Phosphorus Depletion in the Rat
    - https://www.researchgate.net/public...fluence_their_Status_in_Domestic_Meat_Animals

17. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks. Here is the post about the SFA esters.
    Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

18. Kibs

Kibs Member

I’ve been doing 12- 14 hour night shifts for a few months now, I’m basically seeing about 20mins of morning sunshine and it’s scotland, I’m not even sure it can be called sunshine here :)

Anyway seriously considering using vitamin d again, I haven’t in a long time. Is there any suggestions on a good dosage for my situation and what to take along side it? Mag, k2, estroban....

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I received good reports from using 4 drops on each arm combined with 2-4 drops Kuinone anywhere on the body.

20. James b

James b Member

Potent menthol/eucalyptus smell on the latest calcirol batch Haidut. Probably been mentioned before, but what is it?
    Thanks