golder

Potent menthol/eucalyptus smell on the latest calcirol batch Haidut. Probably been mentioned before, but what is it?
Thanks

Any chance you could let me know when you get a free moment, Haidut? Only reason I ask is that it wasn't present in the former 3 bottles I purchased from you.

Lee Simeon

Any chance you could let me know when you get a free moment, Haidut? Only reason I ask is that it wasn't present in the former 3 bottles I purchased from you.
Not Haidut and I am not sure if I am right, but there was a time he was experiencing with camphor in some products like Kuinone and Lapodin. It think it is possible he added it to calcirol as well...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Potent menthol/eucalyptus smell on the latest calcirol batch Haidut. Probably been mentioned before, but what is it?
Thanks

Camphor, but it was only in this current batch. Since so many people reacted strongly to the smell we decided not to keep the camphor in future batches.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That's 8000 iu !?

Yes, but about half of it absorbs so maybe 3,000 - 4,000 IU, which is not that much. Peat said 3,000 daily is probably warranted for most people.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

As @Lee Simeon said and I responded to the other comment - it is camphor, but won't be present in the next batch. It was just a test and most people seem to not like the smell.

golder

It’s vitamin D mate, probably the most benign product o the planet. Don’t waste it on your rat.
Orally, yes I have. Never done blood work though.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
booooooo... camphor is spectacular

It may be, but we got more complaints about it than we got about DMSO when we were still using it for most of our products. I truly regret it as I also like camphor a lot but given that adamantane (Diamant) has even stronger potentiating effects than camphor (when administered with another chemical) people can use that option if they want to mimic the camphor effect.

jitsmonkey

It may be, but we got more complaints about it than we got about DMSO when we were still using it for most of our products. I truly regret it as I also like camphor a lot but given that adamantane (Diamant) has even stronger potentiating effects than camphor (when administered with another chemical) people can use that option if they want to mimic the camphor effect.

Oh I understand.
just being silly
Much appreciation for all you do (and put up with)
#Hattip

golder

When administered with another chemical...which one, Haidut? Or were you being hypothetical and referring to anything it’s paired with?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When administered with another chemical...which one, Haidut? Or were you being hypothetical and referring to anything it’s paired with?

I meant almost anything it is paired with. Caffeine has a similar potentiating effect, at least when co-administered with steroids.

golder

I meant almost anything it is paired with. Caffeine has a similar potentiating effect, at least when co-administered with steroids.

Would it be economical to pair the steroids with solban and calcirol topically to my rat to potentiate the effects? 1 drop calcirol and once apart of solban each time?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would it be economical to pair the steroids with solban and calcirol topically to my rat to potentiate the effects? 1 drop calcirol and once apart of solban each time?

It has to be a systemic delivery of caffeine. So, a cup of coffee with topical Calcirol would be a much better approach. Also, SolBan is water-based so won't mix well with SFA/ethanol products like Calcirol. But if there was a way to add caffeine topically it would enhance at least the absorption of Calcirol.

Dezertfox

So I used 5 drops on Vit D every day for a month and my vit d levels went down from 30 to 22 :(. I was also using 5 drops thorne vit k orally and haidut's vit a 3-4 drops topically so I am not sure if they played a role..

Amazoniac

Vitamin D: Physiology, Molecular Biology, and Clinical Applications (978-1-60327-303-9) - Michael Holick

"Patients who suffer from hyperparathyroidism have an elevated level of PTH and calcium in their serum. These patients are often vitamin D deficient, and physicians are reluctant to treat the vitamin D deficiency because there is concern that the patients will become more hypercalcemic. From my own experience and published literature, there is no evidence that correcting vitamin D deficiency in patients who suffer from primary hyperparathyroidism will increase their blood calcium (74). I have observed in my clinic that these patients who suffer from hyperparathyroidism and I correct their vitamin D deficiency often have improvement in muscle weakness and aches and pains in their bones and muscles. Furthermore, if the patient is sent for parathyroid surgery, they are less likely to develop the hungry bone syndrome and become hypocalcemic after the surgery. Patients with hyperparathyroidism are more likely to develop vitamin D deficiency because PTH stimulates the kidneys to produce more 1,25(OH)2D, thus using up the 25(OH)D substrate. However, the major reason is that the higher serum level of 1,25(OH)2D stimulates the 24-OHase, which increases the destruction of both 1,25(OH)2D and 25(OH)D."

"Although there are some published studies that have suggested that increasing calcium and vitamin D will increase the risk of kidney stones, these studies were not well controlled for either calcium or vitamin D intake and other causes of kidney stone development were not evaluated (75). The major cause for kidney stones is the increased absorption of dietary oxalate that is often present in dark green leafy vegetables including spinach. This is the reason why it has been observed that increasing calcium intake reduces risk of developing kidney stones. However, patients who have a history of kidney stones do need to be cautious about their calcium intake. For patients with kidney stones who are not getting an adequate amount of calcium in their diet and need to take a calcium supplement, I recommend either calcium citrate or calcium citrate malate. The reason is that the citrate and malate will chelate the calcium in the urine decreasing risk of kidney stone development. Treating vitamin D deficiency and increasing vitamin D intake to raise blood levels of 25(OH)D of >30 and <100 ng/ml will not increase the risk of developing kidney stones unless there is some other underlying calcium or bone metabolic disorder (4)."

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Maybe Ecdysteroids are worth considering. A reputed Insect-researcher thinks they are actually more water-soluble Vitamin D-like substances or part of a Vitamin D family:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/ecdysteroids-may-be-a-form-of-vitamin-d.26339/

There you’ll also find a link to a RPF-thread where I compiled a lot of intriguing studies on Ecdys. Many effects are also known from Vit D: Anabolic, metabolism enhancing, bone and joint protective, neuroprotevtive

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals