Inaut

@Amazoniac good post ^^^^^. Rebounding builds the bones from what I’ve read and can be considered a sort of aerobic exercise. Can’t wait for my new one to arrive...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
To complement..

- Coimbra Protocol Summary | This is Microsoft

"Vitamin D3 [in high doses] can steal calcium from the bones.

Thus, in the past, when the protocol was designed for the first time, Dr. Coimbra was using high doses of vitamin K2 to maintain bone mass. It has dozens of good health effects.

However, according to him, after years of analysis, it showed an irrelevant result in preserving the calcium. Vitamin K2 was doing it very inefficiently. It can be used as a good source of vitamin but not for the task to preserve the calcium in the bones. So, he gave up K2.

Dr. Coimbra tells his patients that they can take vitamin K2 if they want, but they should not expect it to protect their bones or kidneys, even if taken in high doses. To avoid bone loss it's necessary to do cardio exercises or take the appropriate medications, and to prevent hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria it's necessary to follow the recommended diet and hydration.

Now he is prescribing aerobic exercises 3x or 5x per week (if possible) for 30 minutes. It helps to release a substance from thyroid that protects bones mass much better than vitamin K2. Moreover, it also helps to create new brain cells." :cool

Dozens of well controlled human studies on MK-4 beg to disagree. I would not call K2 useless, it has been shown to reverse bone loss even in cases of glucocorticoid excess, especially in the elderly. The anabolic effects of "aerobic" exercise are entirely dependent on adrenal function. This type of exercise promotes DHEA synthesis in younger/healthier people but in older/sicklier people is has almost entirely pro-glucocorticoid effects. It is not a coincidence that older people cannot really run, do not enjoy it, and do not reap health benefits while younger people do. Anything that raises cortisol/DHEA ratio is bad in the long run and "aerobic" exercise has exactly this effects in older people. You really do not want to end up in the situation described in the thread below.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/exercise-fasting-is-stress-causes-obesity-and-ir-and-requires-cortisol-blockade-to-reverse.20121/

Amazoniac

Dozens of well controlled human studies on MK-4 beg to disagree. I would not call K2 useless, it has been shown to reverse bone loss even in cases of glucocorticoid excess, especially in the elderly. The anabolic effects of "aerobic" exercise are entirely dependent on adrenal function. This type of exercise promotes DHEA synthesis in younger/healthier people but in older/sicklier people is has almost entirely pro-glucocorticoid effects. It is not a coincidence that older people cannot really run, do not enjoy it, and do not reap health benefits while younger people do. Anything that raises cortisol/DHEA ratio is bad in the long run and "aerobic" exercise has exactly this effects in older people. You really do not want to end up in the situation described in the thread below.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/exercise-fasting-is-stress-causes-obesity-and-ir-and-requires-cortisol-blockade-to-reverse.20121/
I've been just as puzzled by that comment ever since I read it, however I can't think of any explanation that invalidates his experience other than perhaps having used only mk-7 (as mention'd before). Given that many people here already overdose on mk-4 and won't stop doing so, are sedentary (and believe that there's no problem to it) while know about the harms of overexercising, such message in this community will be interpreted properly.

He writes explicitly that exhausting physical exercises should be avoided for setting people back in their progress (along with emotional stress, sleep deprivation, excessive exposure to heat, and so on).

- One such difference is known to everybody:... | Ray Peat Forum

Last edited:

bionicheart

Longstanding vitamin D deficiency here, doctor said to take 2000IUs of D3 daily--didn't see results from regular D3 supps.
Also, tried a sublingual spray with D3/K2 from a holistic dentist, but feel it's not working either..
I want to get Calcirol but after further reading, I want to make sure all other vitamins are balanced... would it be safe/advisable to give my rat Estroban, maybe 2-4drops a day then 2000+iu of Calcirol?
Any thoughts/experiences? My rat gets plenty of calcium from dairy and has been taking magnesium topically in the form Magniol every night (10-20drops) for the past 2 months with great results, better sleep and less anxiety!
I'll keep searching the forum, thanks in advance for any suggestions!

baccheion

Longstanding vitamin D deficiency here, doctor said to take 2000IUs of D3 daily--didn't see results from regular D3 supps.
Also, tried a sublingual spray with D3/K2 from a holistic dentist, but feel it's not working either..
I want to get Calcirol but after further reading, I want to make sure all other vitamins are balanced... would it be safe/advisable to give my rat Estroban, maybe 2-4drops a day then 2000+iu of Calcirol?
Any thoughts/experiences? My rat gets plenty of calcium from dairy and has been taking magnesium topically in the form Magniol every night (10-20drops) for the past 2 months with great results, better sleep and less anxiety!
I'll keep searching the forum, thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Do you also have a magnesium issue? 2,000 IU isn't enough to do anything. Take 300 IU/kg/day D3 (10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ K2 MK-4) for a while, then drop to 50-100 IU/kg/day as maintenance.

bionicheart

Do you also have a magnesium issue? 2,000 IU isn't enough to do anything. Take 300 IU/kg/day D3 (10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ K2 MK-4) for a while, then drop to 50-100 IU/kg/day as maintenance.
Thanks for your response and can you clarify--are you just suggesting taking D3 with K2 MK-4, while leaving estroban out completely? (as in, the D to K ratio is most vital or likely to get out of balance..?)
I feel like I do have magnesium issues, mainly because of past heart issues/life-long anxiety (29 years old)
but my lab work always came back "normal" except vitamin D was low, and at times I was very anemic (probably due to being vegetarian for 11 years and stage II endometriosis, but the endo was excised this past fall, and my cycles are much lighter).
I have ALWAYS had anxiety, chronically low weight (but always in the low-end of the normal BMI for my height) due to lack of appetite caused by depression/anxiety and high metabolism...? I have been on benzos most of my life and am finally on low dose diazepam-- tapering off.
I had 2 fatal arrhythmias (caught on a heart monitor in my sleep--ventricular tachycardia) about 8 years ago that made the doctors determine I required an internal defibrillator (my mom and aunt had one and later, both received heart transplants at 48 and 52 due to dilated cardiomyopathy that turned into congestive heart failure.) They were always at low-healthy weights but seemed to both deal with a lot of stress--our family has been told it's a genetic heart condition--which I refuse to believe.
I haven't had any heart issues since and no signs of heart disease. I have mild mitral valve prolapse and mild scoliosis, so I feel my vitamin D and zinc levels have always been low/off.

Sorry for the life story but I feel all these things are connected. Thank you for reading! :}

baccheion

Thanks for your response and can you clarify--are you just suggesting taking D3 with K2 MK-4, while leaving estroban out completely? (as in, the D to K ratio is most vital or likely to get out of balance..?)
I feel like I do have magnesium issues, mainly because of past heart issues/life-long anxiety (29 years old)
but my lab work always came back "normal" except vitamin D was low, and at times I was very anemic (probably due to being vegetarian for 11 years and stage II endometriosis, but the endo was excised this past fall, and my cycles are much lighter).
I have ALWAYS had anxiety, chronically low weight (but always in the low-end of the normal BMI for my height) due to lack of appetite caused by depression/anxiety and high metabolism...? I have been on benzos most of my life and am finally on low dose diazepam-- tapering off.
I had 2 fatal arrhythmias (caught on a heart monitor in my sleep--ventricular tachycardia) about 8 years ago that made the doctors determine I required an internal defibrillator (my mom and aunt had one and later, both received heart transplants at 48 and 52 due to dilated cardiomyopathy that turned into congestive heart failure.) They were always at low-healthy weights but seemed to both deal with a lot of stress--our family has been told it's a genetic heart condition--which I refuse to believe.
I haven't had any heart issues since and no signs of heart disease. I have mild mitral valve prolapse and mild scoliosis, so I feel my vitamin D and zinc levels have always been low/off.

Sorry for the life story but I feel all these things are connected. Thank you for reading! :}
I was recommending that as a way of replenishing vitamin D. 2,000 IU/day isn't going to do it. I mentioned vitamin K2 MK-4, as it's recommended when taking higher amounts of vitamin D3. Also adding a comprehensive nutrient stack is even better.

Cheesecake

@haidut would Calcirol also be ideal for a post-menopausal woman with pronounced belly fat that won’t budge? Progest-E orally not seeming to do much for her.
Or a combination of the two?
If using the ethanol version topically, what might be an effective dose and on what part of the body is it best applied?
Thank you!

ShotTrue

I was recommending that as a way of replenishing vitamin D. 2,000 IU/day isn't going to do it. I mentioned vitamin K2 MK-4, as it's recommended when taking higher amounts of vitamin D3. Also adding a comprehensive nutrient stack is even better.
I don't have the link. but someone posted an article you could take 30,000 iu vit D without K and still it would take 3 months before you saw negative health consquences

baccheion

I don't have the link. but someone posted an article you could take 30,000 iu vit D without K and still it would take 3 months before you saw negative health consquences
There was a study involving 35,000 IU over 3-6 months (I forget the duration) to treat vitiligo. They also didn't observe any issues.

ShotTrue

There was a study involving 35,000 IU over 3-6 months (I forget the duration) to treat vitiligo. They also didn't observe any issues.
that's interesting as I had heard vitilgo could be related to soft tissue calcifcation

baccheion

that's interesting as I had heard vitilgo could be related to soft tissue calcifcation
Someone in a Facebook group mentioned something about poor thyroid function and antibodies often being the cause. It's said to be an autoimmune issue.

ShotTrue

Someone in a Facebook group mentioned something about poor thyroid function and antibodies often being the cause. It's said to be an autoimmune issue.
TO me a lot of soft tissue calcification diseases could be called auto immune- I'm not saying that because I think vitiligo is calfication, I really don't know much about it.
I wonder as well if it relates to psorirasis or eczema, or why antibodies have to do with it

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut would Calcirol also be ideal for a post-menopausal woman with pronounced belly fat that won’t budge? Progest-E orally not seeming to do much for her.
Or a combination of the two?
If using the ethanol version topically, what might be an effective dose and on what part of the body is it best applied?
Thank you!

You can try a combination of the two topically. Also, if DHEA levels in the person are low (and they often are in a postmenopausal woman) then I'd add some DHEA in a ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 to progesterone. So, if the progestrone daily dose used is day 15mg, I'd use 5mg DHEA on top of that as well. Also topically if possible but oral should work as well.

Cheesecake

You can try a combination of the two topically. Also, if DHEA levels in the person are low (and they often are in a postmenopausal woman) then I'd add some DHEA in a ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 to progesterone. So, if the progestrone daily dose used is day 15mg, I'd use 5mg DHEA on top of that as well. Also topically if possible but oral should work as well.
Ok great, thanks for your reply

jaakkima

The 2-pyrrolidone is causing some irritation and a rash for me. With the amount I have to use to keep my D up it might be a problem. And orally it tastes worryingly offputting. The previous version was working well for me. I might go back to the Carlson drops if the 2-pyrrolidone is going to stay, because the reason I went with Calcirol was to use it topically.

Last edited:

jaakkima

Yeah I'll be changing products because I'm walking around with burning rashes on my neck and it didn't raise blood levels when put on arms... Will the formulation change again? I'd start using it again.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah I'll be changing products because I'm walking around with burning rashes on my neck and it didn't raise blood levels when put on arms... Will the formulation change again? I'd start using it again.

Yes, we dropped the 2-pyrrolidone solvent for Calricol. It is back to the old SFA/ethanol solvent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals