Bright red blood in stool

Motif

First time ever. Will go to a doc, but any advices?

I was eating raw garlic sometimes over the last days, but probably no connection

Edit: called my doc and he said it’s nothing to worry when only happening once.

JamesGatz

In my experience it is due to an inflammation from food - I had gotten this when I had eaten corn and I believe there was a time I got it from tortilla as well - I forgot how it works specifically but I think usually the blood will be accompanied with slight pain when passing stool and I think it's because a gland in the anus fills up with blood from the inflammation and when the stool is passed it presses on the gland releasing the blood and resulting in that anal pain - it is nothing of concern and easy to reverse in my opinion

I was a few posts on fiber which does seem to be controversial but I did solve it with pineapple/gelatin/coffee which I put a lot on here but it makes my stools very easy and the problem disappeared within a week - gelatin helped me a lot with lowering thei nflammation and pineapple/coffee keeps my stools very clean

InChristAlone

Bright red is usually hemorrhoid's . Put vitamin E on it, helps with blood vessel health.

InChristAlone

Sexypizza

I had the same issue, also from garlic, but other things triggered it too, lactose, onions, anything thats spicy would trigger it.

for a while it would happen to me everytime I had a bowl movement. Its def related to inflammation in the bowel and probably bacterial overgrowth. I took some tetracycline and it cured it completely.

O

oldfriend

As others have said, it could easily be hemorrhoids and intestinal irritation (a possible result of eating raw garlic) is a cause of hemorrhoids. Another possible cause is anal fissures. Are you constipated, straining on the toilet, experiencing pain during a bowel movement?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals