Black Cumin Seed And Its Amazing Compound, Thymoquinone

Vinny

I find black cumin, especially thymoquinone (probably because it's a quinone), very interesting. There are quite a few interesting testimonies on this forum from people using black cumin.

After using it myself I decided to write an article on it:
Black cumin seed and its amazing compound, Thymoquinone » MENELITE

Have you used black cumin before? If so, what's been your experience?
Hi Hans,
Thanks for the article.
I got some black seeds and chewed a little, but they seem irritating to my stomach. Is thymoquinone heat resistant? Would it have the same effect if I ground the seeds and make a tea of them?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans,
Thanks for the article.
I got some black seeds and chewed a little, but they seem irritating to my stomach. Is thymoquinone heat resistant? Would it have the same effect if I ground the seeds and make a tea of them?
If the powder isn't very fine, then it can definitely be gut irritating if someone has some gut inflammation.
Thymoquinone isn't heat stable at all, but there is actually a study where the patients were given black cumin tea and it had benefits. However, this is not the preferred way I would take it.

Explorer

I feel calmer after eating it and maybe gut health improves too I don't got major gut issues but feel as they got cleaning and stool stabilizing effect.

Cloudhands

Does black seed have potential to cure hashimotos or hypothyroidism? Or is it something that would have to be continued indefinitely to see the results further

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does black seed have potential to cure hashimotos or hypothyroidism? Or is it something that would have to be continued indefinitely to see the results further
Not sure about cure, but I'm sure it will be helpful. You have to identify why what is causing the hashimotos in the first place. Often it's gut-related or linked to certain foods, such as gluten.

Mauritio

@Hans check out this one !
They have done a study on obese men with just 750mg 2×day and the men have on average lost 5kg body weight in 3months.
I dont know if all of this was fat ,but their waist circumference and cholesterol decreased ,so I strongly suspect better thyroid function , as a few other studied already suggested.

It didn't really change their free testosterone ,but it did decrease less than in the control group . They also didn't measure prolactin ,DHT or estrogen.

Then it also shows complete disappearance of many chronic symptoms like hair loss, low libido and forgetfulness . It all went down to zero!!
The authors state that this didnt even take the full 3 months ,this happened after 1 week !
(Look at the attached picture)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201231-151835_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201231-151835_Drive.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 64
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans check out this one !
They have done a study on obese men with just 750mg 2×day and the men have on average lost 5kg body weight in 3months.
I dont know if all of this was fat ,but their waist circumference and cholesterol decreased ,so I strongly suspect better thyroid function , as a few other studied already suggested.

It didn't really change their free testosterone ,but it did decrease less than in the control group . They also didn't measure prolactin ,DHT or estrogen.

Then it also shows complete disappearance of many chronic symptoms like hair loss, low libido and forgetfulness . It all went down to zero!!
The authors state that this didnt even take the full 3 months ,this happened after 1 week !
(Look at the attached picture)

Amazing, thanks for sharing. It's such a low dose as well. I'm currently still using 2g daily.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
2g of the seeds? I was initially going to try the oil but think i'll try just the seeds first.
Yes, the crushed seed powder. Nootropics depot has a good powder extract that you can try if you want to limit PUFA intake.

Mauritio

Amazing, thanks for sharing. It's such a low dose as well. I'm currently still using 2g daily.
Me too , feeling great .

What was extra suprising in this study was the complete disappearance of literally every problem/symptom that they had before !

Me too , feeling great .

What was extra suprising in this study was the complete disappearance of literally every problem/symptom that they had before !
@Mauritio Can you tell me your regimen for taking this, every other day/daily, time of day, freshly ground,
with juice/water??
Interested in the weight loss properties :):

Last edited:

Mauritio

@Mauritio Can you tell me your regimen for taking this, every other day/daily, time of day, freshly ground,
with juice/water??
Interested in the weight loss properties :):
I can tell you how I do it, dont know about the study .
I just put them in my mouth and chew them very thoroughly. I think its important to do that, as I put them in a cup of water once and noticed they were only taking up water and sinking to the ground like 8 hours later , so I think they're pretty resistant

ilhanxx

black seeds acts as an antihistamines before bed. It actually increase sleep quality, quinones are miracle molekules.

Mauritio

black seeds acts as an antihistamines before bed. It actually increase sleep quality, quinones are miracle molekules.
Oh cool I didnt know that. It also increases GABA, which will also help with sleep .

ddjd

it is slowly healing some serious nerve damage to sciatic nerve. incredible stuff

Inaut

this seems like a magic bullet. I’m getting some seeds tomorrow so I’m looking forward to testing this out

Jam

it is slowly healing some serious nerve damage to sciatic nerve. incredible stuff
Yeah, my chronic sciatic nerve pain (which persisted as constant chronic pain after I was bed-ridden for close to a week this past spring), chronic shoulder pain (after suffering rotator cuff tendonitis / frozen shoulder in 2012), and carpal tunnel syndrome went into total remission after a month of daily Lapacho, Chaparral, He Shou Wu, and Cascara. What all of these, including Black Cumin, have in common, are quinones. I think that many of the anti-inflammatory, healing. and metabolism supporting properties of these herbs, due to the quinones, are largely interchangeable. I have a bottle of Blessed Seed extra-strong oil in the fridge but can't think of a good reason to use it at the moment.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals