Thymoquinone, Black Cumin: Peat Mentioned In Interview

Dave Clark

Well, I have found that Nootropics Depot has a Nigella Sativa extract in powder form with minimum 5% thymoquinones. In case someone is looking for a non-oil based product. I am sure it is not oil-free, but it probably has much less.

Elize

I prefer the whole seeds so I can grind it up myself. Oils may contain alcohol and histamine liberating ingredients

Elize

Will let you know soon as I will use it for a few days and keep you posted. I used it a long time ago but mainly in Indian dishes not as supplemental use.

L_C

Will let you know soon as I will use it for a few days and keep you posted. I used it a long time ago but mainly in Indian dishes not as supplemental use.

Good Morning Elize,

How did it go with the seeds? Have you tried? Noticed some effects or not really? Please, share.

Elize

Yes I tried. Took half a teaspoon per day. Took whole seeds and ground them up each day a fresh batch. For me it lowered cortisol levels too much and now use it twice a week only. My thyroid antibodies has gone down from 375 to 240. So don't know if it is because of the seeds. I had my labs done 3 weeks ago. I did experience detox symptoms for a while. Sore throat, headaches etc

Mauritio

http://www.if-pan.krakow.pl/pjp/pdf/2011/3_660.pdf

Thymoquinone produced antianxiety-like effects
in mice through modulation of GABA and NO
levels

I just bought some "Black Seed Oil" and took a capsule.
I kinda forgot about that and later
wondered why, on a couple of occasions, like when I burped,
that I tasted the spice thyme....
Interesting, thymoquinone/ niggella sativa seems to function similar to an adaptogen.
I can confirm this from my experience.

"Thymoquinone
(10 and 20 mg/kg) produced significant antianxiety effects in unstressed mice without altering nitrite levels, but only the higher dose
(20 mg/kg) of thymoquinone increased the GABA content in unstressed mice. In stressed mice, thymoquinone (20 mg/kg) showed
anxiolytic effects, with a significant decrease in plasma nitrite and reversal of the decreased brain GABA content. Pre-treatment with
methylene blue enhanced the antianxiety effect of thymoquinone in both unstressed and stressed mice. Therefore, the present study
suggests an involvement of NO-cGMP and GABAergic pathways in the anxiolytic-like activity of thymoquinone."

FitnessMike

half of a teaspoon and im zobie for awhile lol, its strong stuff

Back
Top Bottom