Black Cumin Seed And Its Amazing Compound, Thymoquinone

FitnessMike

@Hans is still using black cumin seeds? i wonder if he noticed a boost in metabolism

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans is still using black cumin seeds? i wonder if he noticed a boost in metabolism
Yes still using it. Haven't really noticed a boost in metabolism no, but just slightly better overall health.

cjm

I find black cumin, especially thymoquinone (probably because it's a quinone), very interesting. There are quite a few interesting testimonies on this forum from people using black cumin.

After using it myself I decided to write an article on it:
Black cumin seed and its amazing compound, Thymoquinone » MENELITE

Have you used black cumin before? If so, what's been your experience?

Lots of interest over here in black cumin. Vitamin K has been magical to me but it's too expensive to really lean into as a long-term therapy. When I was dosing high enough, hundreds of milligrams a day, I was active and mobile without feeling like I was expending any energy. I am normally extremely sedentary, sitting in a a chair during the day and laying on a couch at night. That's why I say it's magical. I've never experienced anything like it.

HD: It's a free radical quencher again isn't it, the quinones?

RP: Yeah, that's just one of their many...they seem to activate the right kind of oxidation whilst quenching the bad kind.

Anyway, thanks for compiling the research, I'm inspired to give it a shot.

I took 4 tsps today in a smoothie. Smelled like furniture polish but tasted a little like pepper and olive oil (edit: might be oregano actually)

I'm getting pleasantly warm all over.

I'll have to come back after a few weeks and let you know how it's going.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Lots of interest over here in black cumin. Vitamin K has been magical to me but it's too expensive to really lean into as a long-term therapy. When I was dosing high enough, hundreds of milligrams a day, I was active and mobile without feeling like I was expending any energy. I am normally extremely sedentary, sitting in a a chair during the day and laying on a couch at night. That's why I say it's magical. I've never experienced anything like it.

Anyway, thanks for compiling the research, I'm inspired to give it a shot.

I took 4 tsps today in a smoothie. Smelled like furniture polish but tasted a little like pepper and olive oil (edit: might be oregano actually)

I'm getting pleasantly warm all over.

I'll have to come back after a few weeks and let you know how it's going.
I hope it works great for you. I'm only taking 1/2 tsp per day and most studies use around that dose as well, but that doesn't mean higher doses aren't effective. I'm really interested in your results long term.

cjm

I hope it works great for you. I'm only taking 1/2 tsp per day and most studies use around that dose as well, but that doesn't mean higher doses aren't effective. I'm really interested in your results long term.

The Maju brand I bought claims to have 1.5% TQ content in their oil, so I think I'm getting 300mg TQ with 4 tsps, which is their suggested dose on the label. I had 8 tsps yesterday, so 600 mg total.

Thanks for your encouragement, I will keep you updated.

FitnessMike

i think my dong is hanging lower from it, any idea why?

FitnessMike

Prob less sympathetic dominance. That will also help your thyroid hormones to work better.
this oil is probably one of the things im planning to use for life

FitnessMike

Have you noticed any other benefits?
well the research is clear in terms of its thyroid increasing/stress lowering properties. It does boost my pulse, but i use strong oil called "blessed oil"

Ismail

well the research is clear in terms of its thyroid increasing/stress lowering properties. It does boost my pulse, but i use strong oil called "blessed oil"
Oh ok, thank you ?

Yes I’ve seen the studies about the thyroid benefits, however I haven’t seen the stress lowering ones - will have a search.

How much oil do you take a day? Is it on an empty stomach?

FitnessMike

Oh ok, thank you ?

How much oil do you take a day? Is it on an empty stomach?
now i take 2 teaspoons, one am after breakfast and the around 3pm

Ismail

now i take 2 teaspoons, one am after breakfast and the around 3pm
Thank you.

I’m debating (in my head lol!) whether to take the oil or the actual seeds - started taking the seeds a few times here and there but unfortunately haven’t been consistent ?‍♂️

Ismail

@Hans check out this one !
They have done a study on obese men with just 750mg 2×day and the men have on average lost 5kg body weight in 3months.
I dont know if all of this was fat ,but their waist circumference and cholesterol decreased ,so I strongly suspect better thyroid function , as a few other studied already suggested.

It didn't really change their free testosterone ,but it did decrease less than in the control group . They also didn't measure prolactin ,DHT or estrogen.

Then it also shows complete disappearance of many chronic symptoms like hair loss, low libido and forgetfulness . It all went down to zero!!
The authors state that this didnt even take the full 3 months ,this happened after 1 week !
(Look at the attached picture)

Are you still taking this buddy?

If so, how you getting on?

Mauritio

Are you still taking this buddy?

If so, how you getting on?
No I stopped at some point. It was very boosting for the metabolism, so I always had to make sure to be well fed . But it's definitely a supplement I'd be willing to take again .

This plus grains of paradise might make a great combo !

Ismail

No I stopped at some point. It was very boosting for the metabolism, so I always had to make sure to be well fed . But it's definitely a supplement I'd be willing to take again .

This plus grains of paradise might make a great combo !
Wow, I think I’m gonna start tonight with half a teaspoon of the seeds and just chew them thoroughly and swallow with some water.

Will update how I get on ?

@Mauritio thanks bud ?

Mauritio

Wow, I think I’m gonna start tonight with half a teaspoon of the seeds and just chew them thoroughly and swallow with some water.

Will update how I get on ?

@Mauritio thanks bud ?
You're welcome :)

Ismail

Okay had 3g of organic nigella Sativa seeds, chewed them for about 5mins and then swallowed - very strong ?? Throat is slightly burning, had some honey and some water, still burning, I’ll survive ?

Ismail

Buddy are you taking this on an empty stomach? Does that make a difference? And any particular time of day? Thanks ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals