Positive Emotion, Motivation and Intelligence Optimisation

Alomongerpete

I’m starting this thread to document my experiments in trying to improve the above. I’ll mention some things I’ve tried that have been helpful and try to understand their mechanics. While I do want to be highly optimised, I don’t want this to be at the expense of my long-term health or to be too financially draining.

I’m a 34-year-old man based in London, England. IQ is around 130, I do a very analytical role in Banking, have had some periods of mild to severe depression during various parts of my adult life and also likely on the autistic spectrum (Aspie).

BPC-157

• I’m aware most people typically do an 8-week cycle and don’t stay on this for extended periods of time. I was taking Dr Seeds’ BPC pills for around 2.5 years until running out this month as I loved its beneficial effects. I rationalised my long-term use of it with it being analogous to people that use antidepressants or other psychiatric drugs for many years but it likely being safer. A shorter life filled with positive emotion, accomplishments and high energy, or a longer, mediocre life with greater hardships?
  • Dr Seeds sold his company last year and it seems that now the only form available is the stronger “BPC-157 Pro” that costs a hefty $110 for a 1-month supply, plus I’d have to pay shipping and customs fees; I find the total cost extortionate.
  • I’ve tried a few different brands since (Hydrapharm – Unbreakable, Manic Muscle Labs - Rejuven-8 and BioPrime Supplements – Liquid Stable BPC-157) and don’t rate any of them. I suspect the first two get quickly degraded in the stomach as my mood-boost was very short lived.
  • The general consensus at least on Reddit was to “just pin it” AKA inject it. I’ve injected many peptides before including BPC-157 and while I definitely noticed many of the benefits claimed, something felt a bit odd in my sleep when I did my one and only injection cycle for BPC-157 (I used Direct Peptides as I wanted a pre-mixed vial and pen). It took a few days for my body to reset afterwards but perhaps I was almost overdosing on it, as I continued to take the BPC-157 pills too.
  • I’ve been off BPC-157 for almost 2 weeks now which makes me more acutely aware of the benefits it gave me which included; much greater incidence of positive emotion (very rarely low), increased energy and motivation including an actual desire to hit the gym at least once a week and lift weights, tighter skin, improved circulation and skin tone, increased appetite and thirst, greater endurance for work, more rejuvenative sleep, better digestion, joints feeling unbreakable, less brain fog and feeling very little sense of vulnerability mentally.
  • Financially, I could comfortably afford to inject BPC-157 every day for the foreseeable future but I’m a bit wary as not sure we really know the long-term risk profile of this compound. While there is some comfort that it’s naturally occurring in our gastric juices, the fact it is such a promoter of rejuvenation, including growth of new blood vessels has made some people question whether it could also promote cancer. Applying Dr David Sinclair’s logic that things that are anabolic have a tendency to reduce longevity, it would suggest this might not be a great idea long-term.
  • Peptides are signalling molecules used for intercellular communication. This study showed that the compound upregulated growth hormone receptor expression. It also affects the brain’s dopaminergic system.
  • Since coming off the compound I have felt a real lack of motivation, anhedonia and struggle to find the drive to pursue goals without forcing myself to take action. I wonder if I’ve downregulated my dopaminergic system and am keen to reverse any possible effects.
  • We’ll explore other supplements I’ve taken for the gut in later posts but understanding my gut better and exactly how to treat it should definitely be a central focus. Perhaps consulting with a private gastroenterologist and / or doing a legitimate microbiome test are things I’m considering.
I have plenty more supplements and modalities to write about very soon but thought I’d just begin the discussion. Thanks for reading.

OP
Alomongerpete

Alomongerpete

I've been taking DNA Health BPC-157 Pro (previously known as Dr Seeds' BPC-157 Pro) and it's head and shoulders above any other pills I've taken recently. Stable moods, increased positive emotion, tissue recovery and more energy. The only downside is the price, although strangely when you add it to your cart it reduces to $84; Dr. Seeds BPC-157/ Now DNA Health

It seems that Maxlife Naturals might also somehow be an offshoot of Dr Seeds as the packaging and products for sale on their website are extremely similar and it's slightly cheaper at $70 via NDN Superstore; Maxlife Naturals BPC-157

But strangely $90 when buying direct.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals