Bifidobacterium Infantis 35624 Reducing Inflammation?

michael94

Beachbum!

Real shame you haven't garnered more interest with this post, it's something I've been looking into a lot lately and I think it is a major "blind spot" in Peating. Fermentation is an incredibly old tradition of food preservation. You have certain bacteria colonize the foodstuffs and it keeps the harmful stuff out, preserving the nutrition. Very convenient. The way this works is by the competitive compounds that bacteria produce called bacteriocins.

With regards to your specific study, it seems the bacteriocins may be the main mechanism of action.

Here's another study validating these claims. Unfortunately the full text is in Russian, but I think the abstract makes some important points.

[STUDY OF GLUTATHIONE AND ENZYMES OF ITS METABOLISM UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ENRICHED DAIRY PRODUCTS FOR PROPHYLACTIC USE IN CONDITIONS OF OXIDATIVE ... - PubMed - NCBI.

Regular taking of dairy products "Bifidin" and "Prolacta" in conditions of CEEL (active training process) allows effectively to neutralize lipid peroxidation processes and normalize indices of the system of glutathione. There is established an increase in the activity ofglutathione-S-transferase in the homogenates of liver tissue in the simulation CEEL in combination with the use ofproduct "Bifidin".

and for an explanation of bifidin see this study:

http://sci-hub.io/10.1016/j.foodcont.2009.11.003 ( thanks sci-hub! )

There are certain bacteria humans have been in contact with for a long time, generally those associated with dairy. It makes sense intuitively there would be some sort of mutualism in this relationship, we feed the bacteria, they help us out, their host. All the research I've come across supports this as well as personal experience incorporating fermented dairy. I do wonder however, if in the future we may move to just taking the bacteriocins straight up rather than probiotics/fermented dairy. It seems they are already experimenting with this in Eastern Europe ( that's where the first study I linked took place). I couldn't find any such product "Bifidin" in the United States. Maybe others know more regarding that.I know prolacta is a product in the West but I'm not sure of what research has been done regarding adult humans. Plus that's a human milk product and it's viability going forward may not be that great.

Here's a lithuanian site with what looks like bifidin: Maisto papildas Bifidin kapsulės N15

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Beachbum!

Real shame you haven't garnered more interest with this post, it's something I've been looking into a lot lately and I think it is a major "blind spot" in Peating. Fermentation is an incredibly old tradition of food preservation. You have certain bacteria colonize the foodstuffs and it keeps the harmful stuff out, preserving the nutrition. Very convenient. The way this works is by the competitive compounds that bacteria produce called bacteriocins.

With regards to your specific study, it seems the bacteriocins may be the main mechanism of action.

Here's another study validating these claims. Unfortunately the full text is in Russian, but I think the abstract makes some important points.

[STUDY OF GLUTATHIONE AND ENZYMES OF ITS METABOLISM UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ENRICHED DAIRY PRODUCTS FOR PROPHYLACTIC USE IN CONDITIONS OF OXIDATIVE ... - PubMed - NCBI.

and for an explanation of bifidin see this study:

http://sci-hub.io/10.1016/j.foodcont.2009.11.003 ( thanks sci-hub! )

There are certain bacteria humans have been in contact with for a long time, generally those associated with dairy. It makes sense intuitively there would be some sort of mutualism in this relationship, we feed the bacteria, they help us out, their host. All the research I've come across supports this as well as personal experience incorporating fermented dairy. I do wonder however, if in the future we may move to just taking the bacteriocins straight up rather than probiotics/fermented dairy. It seems they are already experimenting with this in Eastern Europe ( that's where the first study I linked took place). I couldn't find any such product "Bifidin" in the United States. Maybe others know more regarding that.I know prolacta is a product in the West but I'm not sure of what research has been done regarding adult humans. Plus that's a human milk product and it's viability going forward may not be that great.

Here's a lithuanian site with what looks like bifidin: Maisto papildas Bifidin kapsulės N15

Thank you for the info. Couldn't open but will try at another time. I did start taking this probiotic. I will give updates.

Beachbum

is ray peat in favor of pro-biotic? I read about probiotic before but reluctant. I saw this Bifidobacterium infantis in om-x ingredients but i have not yet tried.

Im not really good technically about health as some of you hear but can you check if this good?

OMX-Ingredients - Dr Ohhira's OM-X Probiotic

Probiotic Blend:
Dr. Ohhira’s OM-X Probiotic includes the following 12 strains of lactic acid bacteria:

• Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve
  • Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis
  • Bifidobacterium longum
  • Enterococcus faecalis TH10
  • Lactobacillus brevis
  • Lactobacillus acidophilus
  • Lactobacillus bulgaricus
  • Lactobacillus casei ss. casei
  • Lactobacillus fermentum
  • Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jagurti
  • Lactobacillus plantarum
  • Streptococcus thermophilus

OP
beachbum

beachbum

is ray peat in favor of pro-biotic? I read about probiotic before but reluctant. I saw this Bifidobacterium infantis in om-x ingredients but i have not yet tried.

Im not really good technically about health as some of you hear but can you check if this good?

OMX-Ingredients - Dr Ohhira's OM-X Probiotic

Probiotic Blend:
Dr. Ohhira’s OM-X Probiotic includes the following 12 strains of lactic acid bacteria:

• Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve
  • Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis
  • Bifidobacterium longum
  • Enterococcus faecalis TH10
  • Lactobacillus brevis
  • Lactobacillus acidophilus
  • Lactobacillus bulgaricus
  • Lactobacillus casei ss. casei
  • Lactobacillus fermentum
  • Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jagurti
  • Lactobacillus plantarum
  • Streptococcus thermophilus

Hello

I personally stay away from acidophilus and casei. They are high on the histamine factor. There are about seven I personally only take that are neutral or low histamine. As of now I am only taking b.infantis. couldn't find a combo of the ones I choose.

Beachbum

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I had used probiotics on and off for 2 years with little success until I decided to try an exclusive Bifido product. Finally I understand what probiotics are for. I've been using Custom Probiotics 5 strain Bifido and have only positive things to say. I might even go as far to say that the consecutive doses (3 or 4 over as many days) I took when I first got it may have had some kind of innoculating effect, because the changes were substantial, and they have so far been permanent (4 months). I do have bad movements sometimes, usually from stress and bad sleep, but I always see a return to normal. I can also eat any food I want and experience no bad reactions e.g. no gas, cramps.

I was taking Saccharomyces Boulardii for several years, every day. It had a profound effect, but the effect is only as long as you're taking it. I decided to stop taking it. I may try the bifida for a few days and see if it has any effect. I find that about 1 teaspoon of psyllium fiber really improves things dramatically, and even with carrot, if I don't have the psyllium, things don't come out as well.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I was taking Saccharomyces Boulardii for several years, every day. It had a profound effect, but the effect is only as long as you're taking it. I decided to stop taking it. I may try the bifida for a few days and see if it has any effect. I find that about 1 teaspoon of psyllium fiber really improves things dramatically, and even with carrot, if I don't have the psyllium, things don't come out as well.

Hi all

So far I am see go results. I was having trouble with being regular and this helps. My skin has improved. First few days had a lot of action in stomach but getting way better. It is helping me digest better and I look way less pregnant (lol not pregnant). I think it's been a least a week and half. Ecstatichamster I think personally probiotics should be taken at least a month to see improvements unless for an example if I take high histamine probiotics like the ones I listed above that give me instant headache and other negative symptoms I stop. Like yogurt gives me massive migraines and I break out along with joint pain. .so no I don't eat fermented foods, really never could. I thought it was the " die off .. herxheimer reation" IMO isn't real supposedly it's a healing process. .I think it an allergic reaction..maybe I am wrong but rather not go that routeo_O. I feel this probiotic im taking now is very good. Oh I also noticed increased hunger, im thinking maybe my body is absorbing more nutrients. That symptom has subsided.

Thank you
Beachbum

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I had used probiotics on and off for 2 years with little success until I decided to try an exclusive Bifido product. Finally I understand what probiotics are for. I've been using Custom Probiotics 5 strain Bifido and have only positive things to say. I might even go as far to say that the consecutive doses (3 or 4 over as many days) I took when I first got it may have had some kind of innoculating effect, because the changes were substantial, and they have so far been permanent (4 months). I do have bad movements sometimes, usually from stress and bad sleep, but I always see a return to normal. I can also eat any food I want and experience no bad reactions e.g. no gas, cramps.

Hi Mujuro

What is that brand name, is custom probiotic 5 the name?

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi Ecstatichamster,

Not sure about that probiotic. They say it's low histamine but I have problems with Saccharomyces Boulardii, I have read if the immune system is compromised it can be harmful.

Read this.. link to follow:

Saccharomyces boulardii is a tropical strain ofyeast first isolated from lychee andmangosteen fruit in 1923 by French scientist Henri Boulard. It is related to, but distinct from, Saccharomyces cerevisiae in severaltaxonomic, metabolic, and genetic properties.[1]S. boulardii is sometimes used as a probiotic with the purpose of introducing beneficial active cultures into the large and small intestine, as well as conferring protection against pathogenic microorganisms in the host.[2][3][4] However, inimmunocompromised individuals, S. boulardiihas been associated with fungemia or localized infection, which may be fatal.[5]

Saccharomyces boulardii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you
Beachbum

Hi Ecstatichamster,

Not sure about that probiotic. They say it's low histamine but I have problems with Saccharomyces Boulardii, I have read if the immune system is compromised it can be harmful.

Read this.. link to follow:

Saccharomyces boulardii is a tropical strain ofyeast first isolated from lychee andmangosteen fruit in 1923 by French scientist Henri Boulard. It is related to, but distinct from, Saccharomyces cerevisiae in severaltaxonomic, metabolic, and genetic properties.[1]S. boulardii is sometimes used as a probiotic with the purpose of introducing beneficial active cultures into the large and small intestine, as well as conferring protection against pathogenic microorganisms in the host.[2][3][4] However, inimmunocompromised individuals, S. boulardiihas been associated with fungemia or localized infection, which may be fatal.[5]

Saccharomyces boulardii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you
Beachbum

yep, this is true of course. The bacteria or yeasts in the case of S. Boulardii can enter the body if one has a very compromised immune system. I don't take it anymore although I happily would if I had diarrhea.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

yep, this is true of course. The bacteria or yeasts in the case of S. Boulardii can enter the body if one has a very compromised immune system. I don't take it anymore although I happily would if I had diarrhea.

Yes I noticed it was good for diarrhea. Lol.. I have the opposite problem. Thank God the b. Infantis is helping with that:D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
S. Boulardii was the only probiotic I ever took that didn't make me feel sick but actually better. Looking back on it now I wonder if it might have displaced some endotoxin producing bacteria? I would use it again if I ended up hospitalized/critically ill and was at risk for c-diff.

Spondive

Would you give probiotics to an infant or child? For foul smelling excessive gas and diapers?

when our dog has diarrhea S. Boulardii makes her as good as new. Wouldn't be with out it. I would be cautious about using it with an infant. A child, probably would use it.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Update. Not good. Allergic to it just like yogurt. Anyway tips to ride the body of it. Major headache. Guessing lactic acid.

Thank you
Beachbum

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Go to the Custom Probiotics website. It's the five strain Bifidobacteria product, you can't miss it.
Thank you. But im not taking probiotics anyone, probably never again. Allergic to them all.

Thank you
Beachbum

LUH 3417

Still taking it? Any follow up?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals