Beta Alanine May Raise Serum Thyroid Hormones Via L-Carnosine Production

BigChad

ExCarniv

When I supplemented with 5g of Creatine and 3g of Beta Alanine daily, my energy levels where steady thru the day and good performance on the pitch when playing football/soccer.

Dropped because I was taking too many supplements. But this is interesting.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Does it matter whether you consume carnosine or beta alanine. Any benefits to consuming one or the other, or both?

There's compelling research on beta alanine for sports performance, so just stick with that one.

L-Carnosine has some interesting research, but if you're coming at from a PED effect then stick with B.A !

BigChad

There's compelling research on beta alanine for sports performance, so just stick with that one.

L-Carnosine has some interesting research, but if you're coming at from a PED effect then stick with B.A !

I wonder if there's unique benefits to consuming L carnosine directly though?

I heard beta alanine is like citrulline in that, beta alanine is better at raising carnosine levels than consuming carnosine itself. Citrulline is the same for arginine.

I've heard some mention carnosine supplementation having some benefits, cant remember what

Gustav3Y

I have used it for a while several months ago, it seemed to help with certain symptoms and seemed to help with strength, but I was adding some creatine too at the same time.
I was curious if anyone had genuinely negative reactions from it.

ReSTART

It does seem pretty safe, citrulline malate is much more dangerous (raises NO).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals