Many Hormones Tested, Results: High Prolactin, High Cortisol, High Noradrenalin, High Thyroid Ac's

Napolitano

Here's the results of my recent bloodwork:

Biochemical:

Fasting glycemia: 89 mg/100ml. Range: 70 - 115
Vitamin D (25-OH): 20.2 ng/ml. Range: 30-1 - 100
Vitamin D (1,25): 27 pg/ml. Range: 25 - 66 (in range but low)
Quantiative albumin: 4.2 g/100ml. Range: 3.80 - 5.10

Hormones:

IGF-1: 149 ng/ml. Range: 100.00 - 591.00
Estradiol (E2): 39 pgr/ml. Range in men: < 55
FSH: 2.36 mUI/ml. Range in men: 1 - 12
LH: 3.2 mUI/ml. Range in men: 1 - 7
Prolactin: 40.1 ngr/ml. Range: 2.50 - 16
Progesterone: <0.2 ng/ml. Range in men: 0.1 - 0.6
Total Tetosterone: 4.9 ng/ml. Range in men: 1.60 - 8.50
Free Testosterone: 11.2 pg/ml. Range: 6.60 - 42.50
DHT: 0.27. Range: 0.25 - 0.99
Dehidropiandrosterone: 13.9 ng/ml. Range: 1.40 - 13.50
Delta 4-Androstendione: 5.16 ng/ml. Range: 0.4 - 3.7

SHBG: 28.7 nmol/L. Range: 10.00 - 57.00
ACTH: 68.3 pgr/ml. Range: 7.00 - 63
Fasting cortisol (morning): 301.4 ng/ml. Range: 70.00 - 250

G.H: 1.97 mcg/l. Range: 0.00 - 5.00
Fasting insulin: 5.4 mcUI/ml. Range: 6 - 25

Fractionated Catecholamines:

Adrenalin: 49 pgr/ml. Range: 20 - 85
Noradrenalin: 434 pgr/ml. Range 0 - 420
Dopamin: 25 pgr/ml. Range 10 - 94
3α-Androstanediol glucuronide 7.1 ng/ml. Range: 3.50 - 22
IGFBP-3: (Insuling growing factor binding): 3.35 mcg/ml. Range: 0.9 - 4.7

Thyroids section:

PTH-i: 50.2 pgr/ml. Range: 18.5 - 88
Thyroglobulin: <1 ng/ml. Range: 1.9 - 59.9
Total T3: 1.02 ng/ml. Range: 0.65 - 1.6
Free T3: 6.1 pmol/L. Range 4 - 8.30
Reverse T3: 0.15 ng/ml. Range: 0.10 - 0.35
Total T4: 6.6 mcg/100ml. Range: 4.70 - 9.70
Free T4: 10.2 pg/ml. Range: 9 - 19.50
TSH: 4.17. mcUI/ml. Range: 0.25 - 5

Inmunology:

Antibodies anti-receptor of TSH (TSI): 0.82 mUI/ml. Range: 0.00 - 1.75
Antimicrosomal Antibody (TPO): 75.6 UI/ml. 0 - 12 UI/ml
Antibodies anti-thyroglobulin (TGL): 88.5 UI/ml. Range: 0 - 18

Symptoms:
-Morning tiredness/brainfog
-Low cold tolerance (always start with a warm shower, I can adapt to colder but not going directly into cold)
-Shedding hair and hair sort of itch (not exactly itch but something)
-My tongue is white ish and sometimes feels dry

I have had this for years. Im on 75mcg t4. My TSH was 9.5 years ago, now it seems it always come back at around 4-5 ish. Docs don't care beyond checking TSH and T4 and they adjust your t4 based on that. It's very frustrating, so I stopped going. What should I do?

Im taking sun more often now to try to raise my vitamin D and I will buy one of those narrowband UVB lamps for the summer since I head its better than eating supps.

Should I take something for my high prolactin or is this a side effect of not being optimal thyroid levels?

My prolactin was low in my old 2013 bloodwork, see:

3α-Androstanediol glucuronide: 5.8 ng/ml. Range for men: 3.4 - 22.0 ng/mL
TSH: 5.82 mcgUI/mL. Range for adults: 0.25 - 4.5 mcgUI/mL
Prolactine: 6.30 ng/mL. Range for men: 2.6 - 18.1 ng/mL
LH: 1.70 mUI/mL. Range for men: 1.80 - 8.20 mUI/mL
Estradiol (E2): 24.0 pg/mL. Range for men: 11 - 44 pg/mL
Progesterone: 0.64 ng/mL. Range for men: < 0.2
Total Testosterone: 3.70 ng/mL. Range for men less than 50yo: 1.56 - 8.77 ng/mL
Free Testosterone: 20 pg/mL. Range for men between 8.9 - 42.5 pg/mL
Vitamin D (1,25): 35.3 pg/mL. Range: 18 - 78 pg/mL
Vitamin (25-OH): 8.00 ng/mL. Range: 30-100 ng/mL
Delta-4 Androstendione: 2.60 ng/mL. Range: 0.5 - 3.00 ng/mL
PTH-i: 25.0 pg/mL. Range: 11 - 67 pg/mL
DHT: 1.42 ng/mL. Range: 0.25 - 1.00 ng/mL

I have been using minoxidil and finasteride foam for years, I don't know if it has slowed down hairloss. I have no side effects and it helps with the scalp itch/sensation thing for some ours but it comes back. The hairloss is not halted. High cortisol is probably due hairloss, I bet it would come back normal if I had no hairloss.

Any ideas? Specially improving thyroid. Should I take some t3 too? they don't sell it in my country, only t4.

The antibodies, apparently doctors don't care, they just tell you you are Hashimotos or Graves and don't actually study the root causes. So im on my own.

baccheion

For one, vitamin D3. At least into the 40s (ng/mL 25(OH)D) would be good. Take a good D + K supplement along with magnesium or something.

OP
N

Napolitano

For one, vitamin D3. At least into the 40s (ng/mL 25(OH)D) would be good. Take a good D + K supplement along with magnesium or something.

I've read that vitamin D supplements are garbage and block the VDR and you must use UVB narrowband or just go into the sun for proper vitamin D treatment.

baccheion

I've read that vitamin D supplements are garbage and block the VDR and you must use UVB narrowband or just go into the sun for proper vitamin D treatment.
Those options may be viable as long as there's enough fat/cholesterol in the skin to serve as a precursor. Response to sunlight declines with age.

Cholecalciferol competes with active vitamin D at the receptor and has weaker action. Either way (sun, UV-B, supplement, D2, etc), it ends with cholecalciferol floating around in serum. If there's enough, the same effect occurs. Some having issues synthesizing active D take advantage of this action by doubling the desired serum 25(OH)D. That is, while active D has stronger action, there isn't much of it. Doubling a particular serum provides the same 25(OH)D + active D effect as the original 25(OH)D level.

Triggering synthesis in the skin leads to slower/steady absorption and the body takes steps to rate limit production (can be up to 10,000-25,000 IU, but asymptotes toward ~4,000 IU).

There was one post in some Facebook group where someone mentioned supplemented cholecalciferol takes up all the vitamin D binding protein, leaving nothing to transport active D. Another theory says it bumps active D from the binding protein, pushing it into circulation/use. Heh.

OP
N

Napolitano

Those options may be viable as long as there's enough fat/cholesterol in the skin to serve as a precursor. Response to sunlight declines with age.

Cholecalciferol competes with active vitamin D at the receptor and has weaker action. Either way (sun, UV-B, supplement, D2, etc), it ends with cholecalciferol floating around in serum. If there's enough, the same effect occurs. Some having issues synthesizing active D take advantage of this action by doubling the desired serum 25(OH)D. That is, while active D has stronger action, there isn't much of it. Doubling a particular serum provides the same 25(OH)D + active D effect as the original 25(OH)D level.

Triggering synthesis in the skin leads to slower/steady absorption and the body takes steps to rate limit production (can be up to 10,000-25,000 IU, but asymptotes toward ~4,000 IU).

There was one post in some Facebook group where someone mentioned supplemented cholecalciferol takes up all the vitamin D binding protein, leaving nothing to transport active D. Another theory says it bumps active D from the binding protein, pushing it into circulation/use. Heh.

So which is your conclusion? I remember reading from someone that researches this a lot that if you mass dose on vitamin D supplements you can block the VDR. This means that you get initial improvement in your sympthons but long term it's not a good idea.

There is this study with fishermen and they have good vitamin D levels:

Sun exposure, skin lesions and vitamin D production: evaluation in a population of fishermen

Also good PTH and phoshorous. Sounds like a good idea to be exposed to some sun and they don't take any supplements.

As far as thyroid what should I do? Are my hormones within range? TSH is on the high side, then antibodies are high. How do I go about this? Doctors don't pay attention to antibodies, you are either labeled as Hashimoto or Graves depending on your thyroid hormone levels. I don't know if I need and higher dose of t4, or to include t3, or none of that. Ideally, one would want to know the source of the autoinmunity that is triggering antibodies, however good luck with that, how the f*ck im supposed to figure this out if doctors can't.

Also what about prolactin? is definitely too high. Should I RM test for prolactinoma or is too low for that? Should take bromocriptine, cabergoline, seleglinine... or anything else? is there anything that can be taken chronically that will guarantee your prolactin never goes out of control? I was practicing edging and not ejaculating for a long time to last longer and I enjoy the increased energy/aggresion of this practice, however, I wonder if this has triggered the prolactine to remain high? Should I start ejaculating more often and then test again before I take any meds? Or is this high prolactin related to the underactive thyroid/antibodies problem or whatever else? Perhaps related to the chronic stress due lossing my hair? I cannot control this because lossing hair is too brutal for me, I really need a goor hairline to go outside.

I would like some specific ideas to put in practice that I can trial and test otherwise im wasting my time.

MattJacko

Hey there, does the “itching” on your scalp feel more like a numbness/tingling? If so, I’ve had this feeling for a couple years now accompanied by hair loss. I’m 27 and have been experiencing hairloss for about 5 years now. I recently took a blood test in preparation to go on finasteride and found my prolactin was normal high (15)
I have seen on this forum and other areas that B6, Zinc, and Vitamin E can help lower prolactin

hope this helps

baccheion

Hey there, does the “itching” on your scalp feel more like a numbness/tingling? If so, I’ve had this feeling for a couple years now accompanied by hair loss. I’m 27 and have been experiencing hairloss for about 5 years now. I recently took a blood test in preparation to go on finasteride and found my prolactin was normal high (15)
I have seen on this forum and other areas that B6, Zinc, and Vitamin E can help lower prolactin

hope this helps
I had itching and it went away with more zinc. It'd make sense that magnesium and zinc could aid in slowing hair loss, as they are pro-progesterone/testosterone and lower aldosterone. Higher aldosterone (as can be has with diabetes, for example) leads to dumping of potassium and phosphorus. And zinc and magnesium. Both are part of unrolling inflammation.

Do you have signs of diabetes?

Lower aldosterone lines up with more sodium, calcium, and copper intake. And things that also decrease aldosterone, like megadose vitamin B6. Low aldosterone naturally goes with low-carb, I suppose, something out of line with Peatworld.

Are you consuming foods that cause inflammation? What do you eat?

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is male-pattern balding. It may be progesterone in the cells (ie, sufficient thyroid output).

Sleeping well? Melatonin?

Do you have higher oxytoxin?

DrJ

Is your gut really messed up? To have that much noradrenaline you must have like zero GABA.

MattJacko

I had itching and it went away with more zinc. It'd make sense that magnesium and zinc could aid in slowing hair loss, as they are pro-progesterone/testosterone and lower aldosterone. Higher aldosterone (as can be has with diabetes, for example) leads to dumping of potassium and phosphorus. And zinc and magnesium. Both are part of unrolling inflammation.

Do you have signs of diabetes?

Lower aldosterone lines up with more sodium, calcium, and copper intake. And things that also decrease aldosterone, like megadose vitamin B6. Low aldosterone naturally goes with low-carb, I suppose, something out of line with Peatworld.

Are you consuming foods that cause inflammation? What do you eat?

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is male-pattern balding. It may be progesterone in the cells (ie, sufficient thyroid output).

Sleeping well? Melatonin?

Do you have higher oxytoxin?
Thanks for the response, I do not have signs of diabetes and am in pretty good shape. I mostly eat white rice with some sort of meat and some fruit smoothies. I definitely do not sleep well waking up a few times each night…I think it might be due to my deviated septum. I have tried melatonin but I found it puts me to sleep fast but also makes me wake up more frequently. I have not gotten my oxytocin tested

baccheion

Thanks for the response, I do not have signs of diabetes and am in pretty good shape. I mostly eat white rice with some sort of meat and some fruit smoothies. I definitely do not sleep well waking up a few times each night…I think it might be due to my deviated septum. I have tried melatonin but I found it puts me to sleep fast but also makes me wake up more frequently. I have not gotten my oxytocin tested
What about sustained-release melatonin (eg, REMfresh)? Are you in a low or high aldosterone mode? That is, how much potassium do you get each day? Any CRON-o-meter screenshots?

MattJacko

What about sustained-release melatonin (eg, REMfresh)? Are you in a low or high aldosterone mode? That is, how much potassium do you get each day? Any CRON-o-meter screenshots?
I may give sustained release a try
I get my daily potassium mostly from 1 banana and 2 cups of milk
Attached are Cronometer samples…I recently switched from rice and beef to rice and chicken for the B6…heard it was good for high prolactin but the loss in zinc may be counterproductive

Attachments

• DEF29DDA-8449-41ED-9541-9BB323F8B3EE.png
    DEF29DDA-8449-41ED-9541-9BB323F8B3EE.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 19
  • AE59DED6-B2CB-4A0F-BFB7-0316A01BE39E.png
    AE59DED6-B2CB-4A0F-BFB7-0316A01BE39E.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals