Best tolerated Sugar for SIBO/Candida Patients

Jennifer

@Andy316, gotcha. I was in a similar position as you so I empathize. For what it’s worth, after 7 years of diet, herbal and antibiotic/antimicrobial interventions, I finally cleared the overgrowth after I started taking NDT. I was nervous to supplement thyroid so I kept putting it off, until I found myself in a desperate state—6 months of gasping for air and daily adrenaline induced convulsions and syncope episodes. As I’ve continued to heal and introduce more variety in my diet, I’ve been able to lower my dose so I’m hopeful that one day I will be able to get off it completely. I had become severely intolerant to all but pasteurized goat’s milk—some of my symptoms included gastritis, alternating diarrhea and constipation, hives, rashes and blistering skin, a blistering and bleeding mouth, shortness of breath and anaphylaxis—and now I can have any food I want without issue.

OP
A

Andy316

He eats a sweetened yogurt many days (cane sugar) and a bite of ice cream here or there without issues.

Can you tolerate any varieties of juice?

It's a hard cycle: hypothyroidism-gut issues-having to avoid sugar-hypothyroidism... Maybe adding in small amounts of sugars while directly addressing the thyroid, plus experimenting with antimicrobials/fungals.
Yes blueberry and pineapple juice in small amounts.

OP
A

Andy316

@Andy316, gotcha. I was in a similar position as you so I empathize. For what it’s worth, after 7 years of diet, herbal and antibiotic/antimicrobial interventions, I finally cleared the overgrowth after I started taking NDT. I was nervous to supplement thyroid so I kept putting it off, until I found myself in a desperate state—6 months of gasping for air and daily adrenaline induced convulsions and syncope episodes. As I’ve continued to heal and introduce more variety in my diet, I’ve been able to lower my dose so I’m hopeful that one day I will be able to get off it completely. I had become severely intolerant to all but pasteurized goat’s milk—some of my symptoms included gastritis, alternating diarrhea and constipation, hives, rashes and blistering skin, a blistering and bleeding mouth, shortness of breath and anaphylaxis—and now I can have any food I want without issue.
@Jennifer which brand NDT do you take?

GTW

Pure stevia, I mean the leaf/herb. Not an extract. Organic leaf costs less than $20 per lb. No longer has a bitter after taste like 20-30 years ago. Stevia shown to destroy bacterial biofilms such as Lyme/borrelia.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals