Best time to take coconut oil and which quantity?

Parsifal

Hey everyone!

So I've tried to put coconut oil in the morning coffee on an empty stomach and it made me feel very nauseous afterwards.
I've read that coconut oil will produce ketones bodies that will lower the blood glucose. But I wonder if you just take OJ so pure fructose it will not make your blood glucose fall right because fructose doesn't need insulin?
I'm not taking coffee on an empty stomach either, trying to drink a bit of OJ before or eat honey to not raise stress hormones.

So when would be the best time to eat the coconut oil? I've read somewhere else on the forum that taking 5 spoons/day is what Peat is advising? In one time or throughout the day?

LucH

Parsifal said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97581/ I've read that coconut oil will produce ketones bodies that will lower the blood glucose.
Not exactly thanks to coconut oil but because you need less sugar as fuel.
Coconut oil is rich in saturated FA (90 %) and MCT (66 %). Medium chain tryglicerids are not processed by bile but enter directly in blood through liver (portal vein). Liver converts coconut MCT in ketones bodies.
In people suffering from Alzheimer, ketones are an alternative fuel source, feeding the brain through our blood circulation.
Dr Mary Newport recommends 4 tablesp coconut oil per day, (Alzheimer "cure"). But I begin with a teasp in my soup. Afterwards half a tablespoon on a cracker (pain des fleurs - sarrasin) x 2.
So rather several times a day a tablesp, progressibely. Raw coconut oil.
You adapt yourself to your reaction. Go slowly and enjoy
LucH
:hattip

Last edited by a moderator:

treelady

I have a spoon B4 bed to give my body fuel for the nite. I use refined, can't tolerate the other. And then I make hot fudge sauce with it - cocoa, coconut oil, sugar, water, salt(butter, Enjoy Life choc chips optional) - yum.

tara

Little amounts through the day with other food. Any kind that tastes good to you and does not give you any unpleasant reactions. Peat usually recommends refined, eg 1 tsp three times a day. Some people eat more.

As I understand it, Peat's idea is not to use it as a major fuel source, but just a little regularly to help dilute and displace PUFAs that are interfering with metabolism.

I use it to fry my morning liver, or if I am frying meat, or baking potato chips, and sometimes just eat a little piece just 'cos I feel like it in the evening.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals