Aspirin, niacinamide and eye bags

Scenes

All the FAO inhibitors (aspirin, niacinamide, pyrucet) give me dark circles and eye bags under my eyes. I've stopped and started many times and they always have the same effect. Pyrucet was by far the worst, probably because it's the strongest. Defibron has a similar effect with more puffiness under the eyes.

Obvious thinking is I need more sugar/carbs to replace the fatty acids I was likely running off, but I can only fit in so much food, I eat to appetite and a bit beyond when need be. I eat plenty of eggs, oysters, oj and milk so I assume I'm getting my major nutrients.

Any suggestions as to the cause and solution?

Mauritio

For me it has to do with gut ,allergies and kidneys.
Spending 3 weeks in high altitude in Nepal this year reduced them by a lot ,temporarily.
Still dont know how to completely get rid of them.

Hans

All the FAO inhibitors (aspirin, niacinamide, pyrucet) give me dark circles and eye bags under my eyes. I've stopped and started many times and they always have the same effect. Pyrucet was by far the worst, probably because it's the strongest. Defibron has a similar effect with more puffiness under the eyes.

Obvious thinking is I need more sugar/carbs to replace the fatty acids I was likely running off, but I can only fit in so much food, I eat to appetite and a bit beyond when need be. I eat plenty of eggs, oysters, oj and milk so I assume I'm getting my major nutrients.

Are you having carbs together with those supplements?
What doses are you taking of those supplements?

Scenes

Are you having carbs together with those supplements?
What doses are you taking of those supplements?
Yep carbs all day and taking supps with a meal. Just woke up and checked - super puffy eye bags as expected from aspirin and niacinamide yesterday. It comes on from only a day or two of use. Tried multiple brands, this time it's topical solban rubbed in to navel. 5 sprays which is a standard dose.

Can confidently say it's not from a lack of carbs, but I have had the low blood sugar feeling and faintness in the past from niacinamide when I dose 500mg and don't keep carbs handy. I drink about 3 coffees per day as well, always with sugar and milk.

Surely there is a logical cause/solution here. I emailed peat, he said try thyroid and vitamin d.

mostlylurking

The bags under my eyes were the worst when I had leaky gut and was almost universally reactive to almost all foods and chemicals. I was really sick. Hypothyroidism can cause that; your body doesn't have the energy to heal itself. Thiamine deficiency can cause it too. The two together are pretty awful. You can't absorb thiamine and other nutrients very well if you have a damaged gut, and you need thiamine and magnesium to help heal the gut.

Carrot salad, cooked mushrooms, thyroid medication, thiamine and magnesium have proven helpful for me.

mostlylurking

Yep carbs all day and taking supps with a meal. Just woke up and checked - super puffy eye bags as expected from aspirin and niacinamide yesterday. It comes on from only a day or two of use. Tried multiple brands, this time it's topical solban rubbed in to navel. 5 sprays which is a standard dose.

Can confidently say it's not from a lack of carbs, but I have had the low blood sugar feeling and faintness in the past from niacinamide when I dose 500mg and don't keep carbs handy. I drink about 3 coffees per day as well, always with sugar and milk.

Surely there is a logical cause/solution here. I emailed peat, he said try thyroid and vitamin d.
If you have a thiamine deficiency the coffee and sugar and carbs will make it worse.

Mossy

I get this as well when I take aspirin or vitamin E, so I’m going to guess it’s the blood thinning affect. Just a guess. I took aspirin last night (white willow bark), but I added vitamin C, magnesium, and vitamin K (topically). I would say the dark circles and any puffiness is reduced. This is purely anecdotal and not scientific — because that’s how I roll.