Are onions/tomatoes pro androgen or estrogen?

IVILA

Some studies show they increase testosterone some show they decrease Dht. One due to Lycopene one due to Quercetin. Are these debunked? Phytoestrogen content? Overall are they quite peaty? What are your observations?

laoa

I'd just eat them without guilt if you like them, probably no noticeable effect anyway if you don't gorge on them and if there is, you have your answer. I think too much stressing about food is more detrimental than some miniscule effect on dht. It's not like you're supplementing high isolated doses of quercetin or lycopene.

JamesGatz

Tomatoes - Decrease DHT and T, increase Estrogen

Onions - Decrease DHT, increase T and Estrogen

However, I eat both regularly as these negative hormonal effects from foods tend to be very small and no food is "perfect" - if we delve into only eating foods with optimal effects at face-value it becomes impossible to eat anything, if one is in good health the effects are conquered quickly

Parrot

Tomatoes - Decrease DHT and T, increase Estrogen

Onions - Decrease DHT, increase T and Estrogen

However, I eat both regularly as these negative hormonal effects from foods tend to be very small and no food is "perfect" - if we delve into only eating foods with optimal effects at face-value it becomes impossible to eat anything, if one is in good health the effects are conquered quickly
Do you know whether this changes if they are cooked?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals