Any Way To Reduce PUFAs In Pork Chops?

I'm going to cook two small pork chops, which should total about 5-7 grams of PUFAs, in my estimate, give or take.

I am making them raw from scratch so I have some prep options.

Any way I can get the PUFA down a tiny bit -- like maybe 25% less?

Or should I just get in some extra Vit. E since I also am having a few other grams of PUFAs today from other sources?

johnwester130

cook in coconut oil, which is 95% saturated

cut the fat off the meat, that's where the pufa is

OP
MetabolicTrash
cook in coconut oil, which is 95% saturated

cut the fat off the meat, that's where the pufa is

That's the problem -- I don't have any coconut oil currently and it can be kind of expensive. I was going to cook it without any oil -- i.e., in some broth or stock/etc.

But it usually has more saturated fat than PUFA, so maybe I shouldn't even worry too much about it.

I was just thinking of maybe there being some preparation method to reduce PUFA specifically, but that probably isn't something you could do in normal circumstances or such.

johnwester130

That's the problem -- I don't have any coconut oil currently and it can be kind of expensive.

But it usually has more saturated fat than PUFA, so maybe I shouldn't even worry too much about it.

I was just thinking of maybe there being some preparation method to reduce PUFA specifically, but that probably isn't something you could do in normal circumstances or such.

vitamin e
niacinamide
aspirin
taurine

are the best options

OP
MetabolicTrash
vitamin e
niacinamide
aspirin
taurine

are the best options

Yeah I bought some Body Armor drink because I can get decent Vitamin E and Bs to handle the PUFAs.

I don't really prefer taking aspirin regularly and I'm not too aware on its benefits vs. downsides in everyday use + dosages and such.

I'm much more comfortable with K2, Creatine and now DHEA in microdosing too. K2 specifically because it can help prevent atherosclerosis and is just overall good since I get plenty of calcium now usually as compared to before.

BBQ style grilling reduces pufa content via multiple ways.

There are some studies about FA content of meats before and after cooking . I can't find that specific one now where possible mechanisms are discussed. It seems to involve some partial hydrogenation via unknown mechanism if it's cooked over fire and charcoal.

Waremu

Boil or deep fry it in hydrogenated coconut oil, then fry it if you want it fried. Leave the liquid you boiled in behind. I think this would likely lower the PUFA content by a decent amount. Boil it in water if you don't have that much oil, then shake it off and drain it and fry it in hydrogenated coconut oil.

Momado965

Boil or deep fry it in hydrogenated coconut oil, then fry it if you want it fried. Leave the liquid you boiled in behind. I think this would likely lower the PUFA content by a decent amount. Boil it in water if you don't have that much oil, then shake it off and drain it and fry it in hydrogenated coconut oil.

Yes this works. I boil any fatty meat 3-4 times then cook it however I like. It effectively reduces fat content.

Momado965

There are some studies about FA content of meats before and after cooking . I can't find that specific one now where possible mechanisms are discussed. It seems to involve some partial hydrogenation via unknown mechanism if it's cooked over fire and charcoal.

Yeah because of the carbon released from fire and coal.

OceanSpray

I'm going to cook two small pork chops, which should total about 5-7 grams of PUFAs, in my estimate, give or take.

I am making them raw from scratch so I have some prep options.

Any way I can get the PUFA down a tiny bit -- like maybe 25% less?

Or should I just get in some extra Vit. E since I also am having a few other grams of PUFAs today from other sources?

If you only have this once in a while, then stressing over pufa content is probably metabolically more damaging than the pufa itself.

That said, if you really want to go healthy, boil it, don’t grill or fry it. Both boiling and frying produce carcinogenic aldehydes, even if done in coconut oil. I boil my liver, and it doesn’t taste any more disgusting than when cooked on coconut oil.

Marcine

If you only have this once in a while, then stressing over pufa content is probably metabolically more damaging than the pufa itself.

That said, if you really want to go healthy, boil it, don’t grill or fry it. Both boiling and frying produce carcinogenic aldehydes, even if done in coconut oil. I boil my liver, and it doesn’t taste any more disgusting than when cooked on coconut oil.
Your sentence about carcinogenics seems incorrect, do you mean grilling? And unless blackened, that's been debunked.

Don’t eat pork except lean pork. It is a no win. Like chicken. I only eat boneless skinless breast meat. No other way to avoid pufas. You can get very lean pork if you want to.

Wood burning creates lots of antioxidants and metabolic activity enchanters like phenol derivates, DNP is a phenol derivates, and wood combustion creates various DNP like substances which in turn being absorbed by cooking meat. So what we got during, I believe it's called grilling in American English, is reduced PUFA content and increased antioxidants reinforced by cellular respiration uncouplers.

SOMO

Wood burning creates lots of antioxidants and metabolic activity enchanters like phenol derivates, DNP is a phenol derivates, and wood combustion creates various DNP like substances which in turn being absorbed by cooking meat. So what we got during, I believe it's called grilling in American English, is reduced PUFA content and increased antioxidants reinforced by cellular respiration uncouplers.

Any cooking method increases PAH, HCA, MDA, Acrolein and Polyamines.

Cooking not only causes Lipid Oxidation, but also PROTEIN OXIDATION, which is less studied.

I think wood burning is one of the worst methods of cooking. Boiling, steaming, microwaving or baking seem to be the best.

Also regular Phenol from coal/wood is not an uncoupler.

Marcine

Ok, most of this is over my understanding at present but got it. I haven't touched much pork or chicken since going Peat. Watching, reading, listening as fast as I can! Thanks much!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals