Another fatigue from supplements problem

theoogabear

When I started peating I felt great, but I ordered androsterone and pansterone and used them in conjunction, and in truth I haven't felt on my game since then.

What could be causing this?

Other things that give me trouble include niacinamide, t3/t4, vitamin E, progesterone, and sometimes pregnenolone. Is there a pattern to all of these? I did the Haidut protocol of taking k2 and caffeine for two weeks and that felt alright, and I can take some vitamin E without feeling too tired, but a lot of the other problems still remain.

Someone suggested that I'm dropping too much cortisol while not being able to metabolize sugar properly, but I can't seem to swing anything in the direction of sugar metabolism without feeling like death. The only thing that seems to help a bit is MB but it only helps so much.

Thanks guys.

FitnessMike

Most if not all of them lower cortisol significantly, had to stop most of them too.

Cortisol production is lowered in hypothyroidism already.

FitnessMike

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

there are different stages.
What are the stages? I'm gonna go on zero supplements for a few months and just hit the Peat diet a bit harder. I'm a little worried about my sugar metabolism, but I think this might be fixed by letting cortisol come up a bit? Idk.

FitnessMike

What are the stages? I'm gonna go on zero supplements for a few months and just hit the Peat diet a bit harder. I'm a little worried about my sugar metabolism, but I think this might be fixed by letting cortisol come up a bit? Idk.
thyroid hormone t3 is needed to produce cortisol and most or all other hormones there are, so when hypothyroidism progresses with is the production of all major hormones will be reduced, until you get "burned out"

check this out:

And definitely stop all these supplements and focus on diet, NDT or another thyroid supplement if this is needed.

There is so much resources here on this forum that will definitelly help, you need to read and try things out.

Things that helped me progress with healing were a higher carb diet thinking like 70% carbs / 20% P / 10% fat, this significantly helps with proper thyroid conversion as carbs are promoting conversion t4 to t3.

Taurine supplement/inosine/NDT - thats it, i dropped rest like gelatin, vitE, zinc etc. The cortisol lowering effect is too prominent over time and sluggishness is unbearable.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

thyroid hormone t3 is needed to produce cortisol and most or all other hormones there are, so when hypothyroidism progresses with is the production of all major hormones will be reduced, until you get "burned out"

check this out:

And definitely stop all these supplements and focus on diet, NDT or another thyroid supplement if this is needed.

There is so much resources here on this forum that will definitelly help, you need to read and try things out.

Things that helped me progress with healing were a higher carb diet thinking like 70% carbs / 20% P / 10% fat, this significantly helps with proper thyroid conversion as carbs are promoting conversion t4 to t3.

Taurine supplement/inosine/NDT - thats it, i dropped rest like gelatin, vitE, zinc etc. The cortisol lowering effect is too prominent over time and sluggishness is unbearable.
So taking small doses of t3 isn't too bad?

I love this forum, it's opened me to a new level of understanding about my body. I really only post when I can't find something on the forum. For instance, everyone was telling me I was feeling burnt out on these supplements because I wasn't ingesting enough nutrients. That made no sense to me, because like I would be drinking a gallon of OJ A DAY on top of everything else. Made no sense! The coritsol thing though, that has been ringing home a lot of truth.

I will try that macro ratio. I might bump up the fat a bit, I really feel -off- without fat. Can't describe it.

Ok, so even gelatin is no good? I get a lot of protein out of it.

How do you feel about glycine before bed?

FitnessMike

So taking small doses of t3 isn't too bad?

I love this forum, it's opened me to a new level of understanding about my body. I really only post when I can't find something on the forum. For instance, everyone was telling me I was feeling burnt out on these supplements because I wasn't ingesting enough nutrients. That made no sense to me, because like I would be drinking a gallon of OJ A DAY on top of everything else. Made no sense! The coritsol thing though, that has been ringing home a lot of truth.

I will try that macro ratio. I might bump up the fat a bit, I really feel -off- without fat. Can't describe it.

Ok, so even gelatin is no good? I get a lot of protein out of it.

How do you feel about glycine before bed?
Gelatine over time messed with cortisol too, two table spoons a day was too much for me.

If i want glycine i would keep using a bit of gelatine in my smoothie, but for now i layed off all strong cortisol reducing stuff and gelatine is one of them. High carb diet should be good enough at keeping cortisol at where it should be.

Focus at most important things.

Higher carb, nutrient dense, ndt if your thyroid is under active etc etc.

Its a process thought, good luck 🤞

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

Gelatine over time messed with cortisol too, two table spoons a day was too much for me.

If i want glycine i would keep using a bit of gelatine in my smoothie, but for now i layed off all strong cortisol reducing stuff and gelatine is one of them. High carb diet should be good enough at keeping cortisol at where it should be.

Got it, I will just have one serving a day and leave it at that. What do you get your protein from? I have a hard time hitting protein quotas without gelatin, it's just too expensive to eat steak or organ meat on a regular basis.

FitnessMike

Got it, I will just have one serving a day and leave it at that. What do you get your protein from? I have a hard time hitting protein quotas without gelatin, it's just too expensive to eat steak or organ meat on a regular basis.
milk, eggs, no fat yoghurt, white potatoes, cheese

FitnessMike

Is caffeine a good idea btw?
I would say depending on your state/ hypothyroidism stage.

For a long time it was not for me, not i dont feel negatives and its good for 1st bowel of the day so to speak.

The rules most of the people here know already are, never on empty stomach, always with sugar and cream/milk if you like, and try not to exceed 200mg of caffeine in 1 sitting to minimize cortisol spike.

LadyRae

@theoogabear @FitnessMike

I totally agree regarding the cortisol lowering effects of the supplements. The same thing happens to me. I can only take three or five drops of tokovit at a time. Caffeine/coffee/ occasional diet Coke well tolerated, I don't drink alcohol so I think my liver function is humming along...

JamesGatz

In my view - this is the DHT and T debate, I think people interpret the feeling of "energy" levels as success for metabolism but consider that most animals in Nature tend to just loaf around in a DHT state unless in the presence of a dire situation that requires stress hormones to be raised

Consider the following examples of High DHT in animals: Hippos basking in the sun in a mud bath all day, Crocodiles basking in the water all day, Male lion lays down in the Savannah while females go hunt for him, Gorilla laying back in the Jungle

This is the Nature of DHT - bigger, slow-moving/chill, powerful but lazy, etc.

Naturally, DHT gives a feeling of loafing around and many of the supplements you are taking are increasing DHT - this isn't a neccessarily negative thing persay, but this is the TRUE feeling of no stress because it lowers cortisol, estrogen, adrenaline, serotonin, etc. if you are DHT consistently then a normal, functioning life becomes difficult because you don't have stress hormones helping you out, however for stress and health purposes I think DHT is probably the most optimal hormone

The High T state is what most people would want for motivation purposes "go getter", determined, but consider that even though you feel more "energized" in this state, it is very difficult to consistently be in a High T state consistently without also raising stress hormones downstream (adrenaline and estrogen)

But despite me believing this, I cycle between the 2 stages, If I need to become successful financially then High T is light years better than DHT, for longevity and health purposes DHT is better, etc. - depends on what your goals are when it comes down to the hormone that is "better", DHT is better for empathy and socialization purposes, High T is better if you need to only care about yourself (sometimes this is necessary)

DonLore

Glycine isnt really a "supplement", it is an essential nutrient that all humans are deficient in. If you dont get enough, health will suffer. I really doubt anyone would actually suffer from a tablespoon or two of gelatin, it a normal amount we should get from diet if we still consumed whole animal including joints and skin and cartilage.

FitnessMike

Thanks Mike :)

one more thing: what’s inosine and taurine do?

These are the very good anti-adrenaline supplements that I found helped me a lot, especially with going longer in between meals, which would indicate that it helps with glycogen storage due to its anti-adrenaline effects. Another thing I noticed from these two, is that spot on my temple that was itching and I was losing hair in there over years, it stopped and I see them slowly growing back in this area :)

If you go to a search engine and find Haiduts posts about inosine and taurine, there will be very good in depths info. I know inosine powerfully lower cortisol too so bare that in mind too.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

Glycine isnt really a "supplement", it is an essential nutrient that all humans are deficient in. If you dont get enough, health will suffer. I really doubt anyone would actually suffer from a tablespoon or two of gelatin, it a normal amount we should get from diet if we still consumed whole animal including joints and skin and cartilage.
Thank you Don for your input. I'm going to go by feel with this. I usually sleep great with some icecream, gelatin and glycine before bed, and gelatin upon waking. I just won't go overkill. I do recall a few weeks back I took two scoops of gelatin in the morning and I felt so tired all morning and never had that much again that early lol

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

These are the very good anti-adrenaline supplements that I found helped me a lot, especially with going longer in between meals, which would indicate that it helps with glycogen storage due to its anti-adrenaline effects. Another thing I noticed from these two, is that spot on my temple that was itching and I was losing hair in there over years, it stopped and I see them slowly growing back in this area :)

If you go to a search engine and find Haiduts posts about inosine and taurine, there will be very good in depths info. I know inosine powerfully lower cortisol too so bare that in mind too.
Ok word, I will try a bit. I read a few threads on here that taurine causes insomnia, so I will try tiny doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals