Androsterone Half Life

ddjd

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the idealabs androsterone thread. sometimes it's easier to just use the search function

OP
R

Redbird

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the idealabs androsterone thread. sometimes it's easier to just use the search function

Not in this case, that's why I'm asking. I've been using google, searching inside this forum and everywhere else. Can't find anything. The only thing I could find was someone asking the question in the thread "Androsterone - Liquid Androsterone For Lab/R&D"; Though... It wasn't answered.

ddjd

Not in this case, that's why I'm asking. I've been using google, searching inside this forum and everywhere else. Can't find anything. The only thing I could find was someone asking the question in the thread "Androsterone - Liquid Androsterone For Lab/R&D"; Though... It wasn't answered.

are you retarded?. it literally took me 20 seconds to search and find it.
page 6 of idealabs androsterone product thread.

quarter of the way down the page, haidut writes

"The half life of androsterone is only about 30min, same as testosterone and DHEA. "

OP
R

Redbird

Guess I am retarded. Thank you for making me aware of this. Also thank you for identifying this for me.

Please excuse me as I have to make an appointment with the doctor immediately to let him know I am suffering from acute retardation.

brocktoon

"The half life of androsterone is only about 30min, same as testosterone and DHEA. "
Joey D(ouche), you NOT da man.

haidut

Forum Supporter

A small addition - this is the half life in blood. So, about 30min after administering 50mg androsterone (the human studies used oral route with the drug Atromid) the androsterone levels in the blood return to pre-administration levels. But that does not mean androsterone stops having effects after say 60min-90min. It just means it is cleared from the blood after say an hours, with most of the absorbed portion getting distributed to tissues and a small portion excreted as androsterone glucuronide. After it gets into the tissues, the half life inside the cell depends on many factors such as CYP450 activity, thyroid function, other steroid levels, etc. So, in terms of half-life of effects, most people say they feel the effects of androsterone up to 6-8 hours later even for a single dose as small as 5mg. Higher doses or repeated daily dosing would probably extend that period of noticeable effects to a full day or even more.

ddjd

Joey D(ouche), you NOT da man.
sorry retarded was rude of me. but it's ridiculous people saying they've searched the forum when they clearly haven't

I mean he reiterated how much he'd looked,

"Not in this case, that's why I'm asking. I've been using google, searching inside this forum and everywhere else. Can't find anything. "

20 seconds using search function.

OP
R

Redbird

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was actually browsing around for it after reading this post. Raising Serum Androgens Using DHEA, Pregnenolone, And Vitamin K

Does IdeaLabs Online Store - Cosmetic Raw Ingredients sell it? I couldn't find anything related. Also from what I remember reading it carries more risk than the other compounds mentioned. Do you, or anyone else have any knowledge in regards to this?

Finally, is it legal to consume?

We do sell it, but it is under the lab chemicals page.
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

It is legal in the USA as of now but that can always change subject to FDA whim.

OP
R

Redbird

We do sell it, but it is under the lab chemicals page.
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

It is legal in the USA as of now but that can always change subject to FDA whim.

Ok, thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. I understand it's perfectly legal to sell. Plus, even if it wasn't, that would be none of my business.

But I mean specifically to consume. My understanding is that it's technically legal buy it for "research" purposes, but if it's not labled as a dietary supplement (i.e. research purposes only: not for human consumption) then the buyer is breaking the law by consuming it. Am I wrong in assuming this?

I apologize if this comes of as rather anal, but I wish to be able to tell any potential employers with a clean conscience I have not broken any substance consumption laws if asked.

Hanzo

if i use daily how long before should i stop in order for it to not show up on a very elaborate drug test for competition. a day? @haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
if i use daily how long before should i stop in order for it to not show up on a very elaborate drug test for competition. a day? @haidut

I don't know what the doping test is looking for but typically they are pretty good at checking for metabolites with long half-life such as androsterone sulfate and recently people in UFC were caught (ab)using androsterone. So, I would not risk it and honestly I can't in good faith comment on using it for competition if it is against the rules.

Hanzo

I don't know what the doping test is looking for but typically they are pretty good at checking for metabolites with long half-life such as androsterone sulfate and recently people in UFC were caught (ab)using androsterone. So, I would not risk it and honestly I can't in good faith comment on using it for competition if it is against the rules.

thanks haidut. what should i go with instead?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals