Alternative glucose sources to starch?

Judd Crane

As fructose/sucrose can be anxiogenic and starches can cause issues with endodoxin and persorption I've started thinking about alternative sources of glucose. Has anyone had any success other sources of glucose? Like glucose syrup for instance.

As fructose/sucrose can be anxiogenic and starches can cause issues with endodoxin and persorption I've started thinking about alternative sources of glucose. Has anyone had any success other sources of glucose? Like glucose syrup for instance.

I don't know how "Peaty" it is, but rice syrup is pure glucose.

GTW

Glucose is a reactive aldehyde which combines with body proteins. Such as HbA1c. In moderation animals have evolved to limit the damage from glycosylation. But don't push it. There is no dietary requirement for sugars or carbs.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Potatoe starch is the most potent serotonin boosting agent form my experience.... That ***t makes me feel poisoned for 5 days.

My main carbs are:
1. Oats
2. Fruit
3. Rice
4.Organic Sourdough bread
Oats are very satiating though, aren't they? How many carbs can you get from them per day?
I have never tried this, but I am aware of its existence; figured I'd share:
Flextrose
Interesting product! I think the high GI value of pure glucose would be an issue though.
Gluconeogenesis? Self-regulating once adapted.
Stressful and energy inefficient.

GTW

In adapted animals/people gluconeogenesis and ketogenesis are effective and efficient energy sources supplementing fat where glucose would be used. Ketone bodies at normal physiological levels, not ketoacidosis, are calming and anti-inflammatory vs the boom and bust of carb/sugar. Ketogenesis is surpressed by blood glucose so people do not experience the benefits on typical SAD.

PaRa

Glucose is a reactive aldehyde which combines with body proteins. Such as HbA1c. In moderation animals have evolved to limit the damage from glycosylation. But don't push it. There is no dietary requirement for sugars or carbs.

??

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

In adapted animals/people gluconeogenesis and ketogenesis are effective and efficient energy sources supplementing fat where glucose would be used. Ketone bodies at normal physiological levels, not ketoacidosis, are calming and anti-inflammatory vs the boom and bust of carb/sugar. Ketogenesis is surpressed by blood glucose so people do not experience the benefits on typical SAD.
Not to derail the thread but me and a lot of other people on this forum have had serious issues after long-term ketogenic diets -- I would definitely advice against it.

GTW

I am not advocating "Ketogenic Diet."
There are diets that avoid the addiction to sugar and benefit from occasional ketogenesis. Sugar is an addiction by the formal definition. Withdrawal is hypoglycemia.

username

Yea. I was strict carnivore for nearly 2 years and it ****88 me up. I really regret it.

Korven

My health also got really messed up from experiments with high-fat carnivore/keto diets. The stress hormones stop feeling good after a few weeks.

Nowadays I feel my best with getting carbs from white rice, pomegranate juice, fruit, maple syrup, oatmeal, occasional coke.

And I have the same experience as @Lokzo, for some reason white potatoes DESTROY my mood and makes me feel really weak and submissive and anxious. Kinda feels like getting a 'serotonin high'. These strange symptoms usually appear around 24 h after eating them so it was difficult to make the connection. As long as I avoid potatoes I feel great.

ursidae

Potatoe starch is the most potent serotonin boosting agent form my experience.... That ***t makes me feel poisoned for 5 days.
do you have high acetylcholine?

Yesterday I took a lot of choline chloride, ate some high choline animal products, then randomly followed up with low dose thiamine, B12 and folate (choline sparing effect) over the course of the day all of which act synergistically to increase acetylcholine. I eat potatoes every day and sometimes there's trace amounts of solanine I can taste (bitter). Yesterday's potatoes were no different than usual, no green bits maybe one bite was ever so slightly bitter, but my acetylcholine levels certainly were higher than normal and I started coming down with intense nausea and that poisoned feeling. solanine in potatoes and the other glycoalkaloids in nightshades are acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, I believe it's the mechanism by which it's toxic

ATP

Why are you on a Peat forum if you're perpetuating anti-sugar propaganda?

Birdie

Why are you on a Peat forum if you're perpetuating anti-sugar propaganda?
Yes, I know it was a shock to learn all my anti-sugar ideas were propaganda. I'd brought my daughter up sugar free. I taught the no sugar agenda. Big turn around for me it was! After years of warning my husband against his orange juice, I took it up. It was very hard to get used to. I do find I need something with my sugar/fruit. By itself won't work for me.

Birdie

Oh no. I don't use it so I did not think of that. You would think that would get filtered out, but I guess not :/
Oh, yes. I used it pre-Peat for a little while. Of course they can't filter out arsenic though.

Korven

My health also got really messed up from experiments with high-fat carnivore/keto diets. The stress hormones stop feeling good after a few weeks.

Nowadays I feel my best with getting carbs from white rice, pomegranate juice, fruit, maple syrup, oatmeal, occasional coke.

And I have the same experience as @Lokzo, for some reason white potatoes DESTROY my mood and makes me feel really weak and submissive and anxious. Kinda feels like getting a 'serotonin high'. These strange symptoms usually appear around 24 h after eating them so it was difficult to make the connection. As long as I avoid potatoes I feel great.

I made the FOOLISH mistake of eating potatoes for lunch yesterday and now I'm paying the price in the form of "potato serotonin syndrome". My sleep is also wrecked. Just a reminder to myself to stay far away from these insidious glucose monsters.

I get really sick of smashing white rice 3x every day and I feel like I develop nutrient deficiencies from eating so many empty carbs, alas potatoes are not for me...

Anyone have a suggestion for alternative carb sources?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals