Root Veggies,fruit-like Veggies And Fructose

Dutchie

Hi everyone,
On the site of Kate Deering I read her recommendations,which are basically Peat-inspired. She mentions eating fruit ofcourse,but also all root and fruit-like vegetables.
Yes I know about all the Ray articles regarding fructose being beneficial,but higher free fructose to glucose foods cause problems for me as they are highly addicting while eating yet causing other s**t afterwards,so fruit apart from some lemon/lime and still not sure about banana/never had plantain yet are a no-go for me(and I think I must say goodbye too,to tomatoes/tomatosauces :'( ). So,I Googled and found a list where they mention all root veggies but I can't seem to find a list of these veggies with their glucose to fructose ratio. (apart from some of the most common ones)

Does anyone here researched it,also natural sweeteners such as maple syrup and stuff,know a reliable list? (as it seems that a 1:1(is that sucrose?)or less ratio seems to be my threshold and still must try to keep a balance).

cliff

Maple syrup is just sucrose. Most fruits are a 1/1 ratio.

Nothing wrong with potatoes and other tubers.

OP
D

Dutchie

cliff said:
Maple syrup is just sucrose. Most fruits are a 1/1 ratio.

Nothing wrong with potatoes and other tubers.

Well,that's why I asked bc I know not all root veggies are created equal.....such as onion/leek/shallots are high in free fructose and cause lots of bloating,carrots especially when cooked,sweet potato,zucchini,from what I gathered tomato too....

That's actually the culprit too....apparently from some veggies the amount of fructose2glucose differs when eaten raw or cooked and can't find much clarity on that either....

cliff

I don't think the fructose is the problem in those things, probably the fiber or long chain sugars imo.

I would stick to starchy tubers like potatoes, yams etc.

OP
D

Dutchie

cliff said:
I don't think the fructose is the problem in those things, probably the fiber or long chain sugars imo.

I would stick to starchy tubers like potatoes, yams etc.

It actually is,as it causes me to overeat/messed up hunger satiety while giving me a 'blissful feeling at the moment of eating' which quickly turnsaround afterwards with lots of constipation/bloating,bad cravings,anxiety/depression/lethargy etc.
Besides that,I actually need lots of fibers to digest anything at all....