Root Veggies,fruit-like Veggies And Fructose

Dutchie

Hi everyone,
On the site of Kate Deering I read her recommendations,which are basically Peat-inspired. She mentions eating fruit ofcourse,but also all root and fruit-like vegetables.
Yes I know about all the Ray articles regarding fructose being beneficial,but higher free fructose to glucose foods cause problems for me as they are highly addicting while eating yet causing other s**t afterwards,so fruit apart from some lemon/lime and still not sure about banana/never had plantain yet are a no-go for me(and I think I must say goodbye too,to tomatoes/tomatosauces :'( ). So,I Googled and found a list where they mention all root veggies but I can't seem to find a list of these veggies with their glucose to fructose ratio. (apart from some of the most common ones)

Does anyone here researched it,also natural sweeteners such as maple syrup and stuff,know a reliable list? (as it seems that a 1:1(is that sucrose?)or less ratio seems to be my threshold and still must try to keep a balance).

cliff

Maple syrup is just sucrose. Most fruits are a 1/1 ratio.

Nothing wrong with potatoes and other tubers.

Dutchie

cliff said:
Maple syrup is just sucrose. Most fruits are a 1/1 ratio.

Nothing wrong with potatoes and other tubers.

Well,that's why I asked bc I know not all root veggies are created equal.....such as onion/leek/shallots are high in free fructose and cause lots of bloating,carrots especially when cooked,sweet potato,zucchini,from what I gathered tomato too....

That's actually the culprit too....apparently from some veggies the amount of fructose2glucose differs when eaten raw or cooked and can't find much clarity on that either....

cliff

I don't think the fructose is the problem in those things, probably the fiber or long chain sugars imo.

I would stick to starchy tubers like potatoes, yams etc.

Dutchie

cliff said:
I don't think the fructose is the problem in those things, probably the fiber or long chain sugars imo.

I would stick to starchy tubers like potatoes, yams etc.

It actually is,as it causes me to overeat/messed up hunger satiety while giving me a 'blissful feeling at the moment of eating' which quickly turnsaround afterwards with lots of constipation/bloating,bad cravings,anxiety/depression/lethargy etc.
Besides that,I actually need lots of fibers to digest anything at all....

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Question On Sweet Potatoes And Other Root Veggies Diet 3
L Root canal , aspirin , root canal removal Oral Health 0
M Bangalala-root Supplements 1
L Unfinished Root Canal Oral Health 3
L Root Canals Infinished Ask For Help or Advice 0
michael94 Gold Is The Root Of All Evil, Not Money Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 29
S Re-infected Root Canal Oral Health 20
R Dandelion Root May Be Androgenic (Studies) Thyroid and Hormones 9
JudiBlueHen Looking For Root Cause: Suspect Poor Glucose Regulation Metabolism 16
ellingerfarmer Licorice Root For Coronavirus Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
C Been Taking Red Maca Root, And I Can't Stop Relapsing Male Issues 9
MK-4x33 Menatrenone And Ginger Root K 3
MK-4x33 Raw Ginger Root & L. Reuteri Digestion 3
G Tea Of Ginger Root Caused Massive Anxiety Episode Testimonials 10
J Milk Thistle And Dandelion Root Tea Supplements 7
Mito Evidence For Apo B Lipoproteins As The Root Cause Of Atherosclerosis Articles & Scientific Studies 1
M If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium) Hair & Nails 499
biggirlkisss Maybe Maybe Not Root Canel Worried Ask For Help or Advice 13
Soren Mulberry Root Extract For Hair Loss Hair & Nails 0
H Found The Root Cause Of My Hairloss And Now Im Pissed Hair & Nails 27
I What Does Ray Say About Root Canals? Oral Health 0
kayumochi The Common Root Of Heart Disease And Cancer Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 0
Ideonaut What To Do About Toxicity From Root Canals ? Oral Health 21
B Scientists Find Skin Cells At The Root Of Balding, Gray Hair Hair & Nails 5
Mito Scientists Find Skin Cells At Root Of Balding And Gray Hair Articles & Scientific Studies 4
S Best Nettle Root Supplement? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
charmer Broken Root - Need Help Oral Health 0
Velve921 Marshmallow Root Ask For Help or Advice 5
B Insomnia, Anxiety/dep, Fatigue, Brain Fog - How To Identify Then Treat To Root Cause(s)? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 15
Xisca The Freeze Response At The Root Of "learned" Helplessness Mind, Sleep, Stress 110
Parsifal Organic Dentistry/cavity/CO2-bicarbonate And Possible Teeth Infection From An Old Root Canal Oral Health 1
Nicholas Root Veggie Recipes/Inspiration Recipes 6
Westside PUFAs Yuzurihara Japan's longevity tied to potatoes/root plants Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
M Beet Root Increases Nitric Oxide? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 5
kineticz Licorice Root - A Key Supplement In Hypothyroidism? Supplements 105
biggirlkisss possible root cancel for my teeth Oral Health 6
W NaHCO3 Aka Baking Soda Washes All Pesticides Off Your Fruits & Veggies Toxins, Detoxification 5
B I've Been Eating Way More Veggies And Feeling Much Better Diet 15
Crazycoco Fruits Are Better Than Veggies For Your Health.Big Study Ask For Help or Advice 1
Frankdee20 Cruciferous Veggies Diet 2
ecstatichamster Worlds Oldest Woman Eats Just Eggs, No Fruits Or Veggies Miscellaneous Health Discussions 32
M Cooked Green Veggies Diet 4
J Green Tea, Fruit And Veggies Articles & Scientific Studies 3
V Meat with fruit Diet 4
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 41
Hgreen56 Pasta Scores Lower Insulin Index Than Fruit Diet 13
ursidae Effects Of Fruit On Your Mental State Fruits 32
J Nervous/Anxious Energy After Eating Fruit - Blood Sugar Issues? Blood Sugar 9
Recoen Hypoglycemia With Fruit Blood Sugar 88
Brundle Would The Optimal Peat Diet Be Mostly Raw Animal Products And Fruit? Diet 38