All of Travis's Comments

ElmerElmer

I've found lots of value in the posts of Travis. At some point last year, I decided I wanted to go through every comment he wrote on this forum, but I found the process to be quite painful. I constantly had to back track through his profile pages, and then I needed to try to remember which comments I had read through. Meanwhile, at my job I had to take over some tasks that involved some html, and I figured that I could collect all his comments and put them into one file for easier reading/searching.

Took a bit longer than I originally thought it would, and my free time has been very limted, but if anyone else can get some use of out of this, I'm happy to provide it for them. A screenshot is provided below, and there should be a zip file attached with a html file and a folder of images for the html code to pull from. Just double click on the html file and it should open up in your browser.

travis screenshot.png

Attachments

• Compressed Travis Comments.zip
    29.9 MB · Views: 713

ivy

I've found lots of value in the posts of Travis. At some point last year, I decided I wanted to go through every comment he wrote on this forum, but I found the process to be quite painful. I constantly had to back track through his profile pages, and then I needed to try to remember which comments I had read through. Meanwhile, at my job I had to take over some tasks that involved some html, and I figured that I could collect all his comments and put them into one file for easier reading/searching.

Took a bit longer than I originally thought it would, and my free time has been very limted, but if anyone else can get some use of out of this, I'm happy to provide it for them. A screenshot is provided below, and there should be a zip file attached with a html file and a folder of images for the html code to pull from. Just double click on the html file and it should open up in your browser.

View attachment 51411
Excellent and valuable work, thanks so much!

-Luke-

That's a lot of work! Thank you very much.

akgrrrl

Very helpful tool thankyou. Yes, I miss reading Travis as well, his contributions were so impressive to me that it kept me a lurker for 2years before I joined!

DKayJoe

Stuff like this should be stickied and moved to a dedicated section, it would be awesome if we could do this with a bunch of the forums heavy hitters, I could help with data entry but don't really have time to organise the whole thing. Is anyone keen?

Jam

:thankyoublue:thankyoublue

OP
ElmerElmer

ElmerElmer

Not sure if anyone has tried using the file, but as it turns out the file gets jumbled a little bit with the titles/post dates etc. I think the file is just too long, but perhaps someone with better knowledge of HTML can enlighten me. The original file attached at the top is still useful as it can be searched in its entirety, just up to you how much the misformatting bothers you (it bothers me).

Been thinking how best to recitify this, but I haven't found a great solution yet. For partial progress, I have split the large html into 11 sepparate files. They are attached in a zipped v3 folder. These files do require an internet connection to load the images, but they should at least be correctly formatted.

From these I'd like to find some way to have them all searchable simultaneously. When I have some free time I'd like to look at Obsidian, Evernote etc, see if there is a usable solution there. I'll update the post if I find something worth sharing.

Attachments

• v3-20230613T201238Z-001.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 69

brightside

Hey all, I made an updated, beautified version. Check it out!

The file size is much smaller and it doesn't lag to use. I also sorted all of the comments by thread title, since that's most logical. The images won't load if you're offline, but everything else will (besides the specific font that I used).

To search everything, simply expand all the sections. The button for that is at the very top.

ALSO FYI, you need to unzip the file for it to work, or simply drag it out.

@Eth, you might find this interesting. :)

Attachments

• Travis comments (beautified).zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:
OP
ElmerElmer

ElmerElmer

Finally made it to the end of this project. A PDF of all of the comments. Sorted by post date. I'm about halfway through reading them, and it's been cool to see how his positions developed and what he was looking into for a stretch of time.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Travis.pdf
    66 MB · Views: 376
OP
ElmerElmer

ElmerElmer

As it turns out, I forgot to write the last part of his comments in the above pdf (a floor vs ceiling after division issue with my code). But the full pdf is attached to this comment.

But in real completion of this project, I have finished reading all of his comments. ~3000 pages worth, and many of them quite detailed and thoroughly researched. A friend of mine asked if there were any good topics discussed in the comments, and I had wrote a list for him. Not comprehensive, but I'll share the list I came up with:

Coffee's anti-opiate activity,
Leaf vegetables (Kale),
Aluminum and Parkinson's/Alzheimer's,
Foreign proteins in vaccines,
Milk homogenization,
Pau D'arco,
Nerve Myelination,
Beta carotene and hypervitaminosis A,
Gamma vs Alpha tocopherol,
Ammonia treated tobacco vs natural tobacco,
Fructose vs Glucose,
Zellweger syndrome

A little sad reading the final comments. Towards the end he spoke about the articles he planned to write, but I'm not sure if he ever got around to it. I wish things had turned out differently for him since I think we would have all benefited from his work.

Attachments

• Travis Fixed.pdf
    67 MB · Views: 247

Pete Rey

Thanks for sharing your efforts, Elmer. I've been reading bits and pieces of your pdf intermittently the past few months. I wasn't around to read his posts while he was alive so it's a great resource. I'm consistently blown away by his intelligence.

Michael Mohn

Great job!

As it turns out, I forgot to write the last part of his comments in the above pdf (a floor vs ceiling after division issue with my code). But the full pdf is attached to this comment.

But in real completion of this project, I have finished reading all of his comments. ~3000 pages worth, and many of them quite detailed and thoroughly researched. A friend of mine asked if there were any good topics discussed in the comments, and I had wrote a list for him. Not comprehensive, but I'll share the list I came up with:

Coffee's anti-opiate activity,
Leaf vegetables (Kale),
Aluminum and Parkinson's/Alzheimer's,
Foreign proteins in vaccines,
Milk homogenization,
Pau D'arco,
Nerve Myelination,
Beta carotene and hypervitaminosis A,
Gamma vs Alpha tocopherol,
Ammonia treated tobacco vs natural tobacco,
Fructose vs Glucose,
Zellweger syndrome

A little sad reading the final comments. Towards the end he spoke about the articles he planned to write, but I'm not sure if he ever got around to it. I wish things had turned out differently for him since I think we would have all benefited from his work.

Last edited:

sunny

This is spectacular. Thank you for the considerable time and effort to produce this. It is so sad that such a great mind left this existence so early. The same with Dr. Peat. If they had more time, there is no telling where the understanding of human Physiology might be.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals