Taxi Driver Movie A Study Of Masculinity & Existentialism

Regina

@Regina @Drareg thanks.

To answer Drareg, I drew this by hand first. If you're curious about the rest, then I took a photo (have no scanner), tried to clean it up a little and added textual elements in Gimp. I'm trying to learn how to draw better.

I was inspired by the music in the video, the discussion, then that Regina's amazing line. And I also sympathize with narcissists like Travis, so...

As for why the knees are tagged relatedness... @Such_Saturation , haha. I have no clue. I was trying to think of what the psychological opposite of fear is, or what kind of a mental resource you'd need to face it. Relatedness came to mind: the moment you move towards in some way, like if you observe it, analyze it, manipulate it, destroy, involve, resolve it etc., I guess it makes it harder to be afraid.

What makes things scary anyway?
Wow! Integra. It's really brilliant cartoon.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

@Regina @Drareg thanks.

To answer Drareg, I drew this by hand first. If you're curious about the rest, then I took a photo (have no scanner), tried to clean it up a little and added textual elements in Gimp. I'm trying to learn how to draw better.

I was inspired by the music in the video, the discussion, then that Regina's amazing line. And I also sympathize with narcissists like Travis, so...

As for why the knees are tagged relatedness... @Such_Saturation , haha. I have no clue. I was trying to think of what the psychological opposite of fear is, or what kind of a mental resource you'd need to face it. Relatedness came to mind: the moment you move towards in some way, like if you observe it, analyze it, manipulate it, destroy, involve, resolve it etc., I guess it makes it harder to be afraid.

What makes things scary anyway?

It's really impressive,makes a statement.
I agree about having sympathy for psychopaths particularly when we have a general idea of how it starts,the problem is why to do with them with our current understanding of biology and limited time span on the planet, it looks like they won't change,the rage carries through,the meanings from childhood are potent.
If narcissism is excessive self interest it sounds like it can be prevented from going over into a travis like situation.
The semantics of said disorders are another matter.

Integra

Yeah, having sympathy is great but pretty useless when dealing with a real-life narcissist or a psychopath, depending on how you wanna call them.

I honestly don't know how to 'outsmart' a narcissist, or even less so a psychopath. And it's really difficult to put them in check by confronting them, because from what I see, they aren't just dishonest to other people but are also lying to themselves. They can't afford not to. The lack of authenticity, that feeling of not knowing what you are, or what you're supposed to do, when the psychotic disorder's usefulness is removed, that's the scary thing.

But come enough pain, masks of all kinds can come off.

What to do with people who're suffering from them in the meantime?

I want to suggest educating parents on mental health... But it's not only an intellectual issue. If it were a manner of knowing, perhaps it'd be an easier problem to solve. Not being a shitty parent I think requires facing very difficult emotional truths, and that's another matter.

Regina

It's really impressive,makes a statement.
I agree about having sympathy for psychopaths particularly when we have a general idea of how it starts,the problem is why to do with them with our current understanding of biology and limited time span on the planet, it looks like they won't change,the rage carries through,the meanings from childhood are potent.
If narcissism is excessive self interest it sounds like it can be prevented from going over into a travis like situation.
The semantics of said disorders are another matter.
Yep. There's the sympathy vs enabling. :bucktooth:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom