Travis’ Quora Page

Drareg

This is sad to hear, a lot of bright people are suffering because of the delusional hysteria we are witnessing in the 2020, from the covid cult to woke-ism the stupid have taken the stage of humanity this year, its torturous for some to experience.

We live in an era of information abundance, many different perspectives and those with the brightest most curious minds are suffering immensely, you can’t process all of this information, as it stands big money power decides what perspectives are upheld, the ruling class know all about information and how to manipulate it in humans and animals, cybernetics essentially but their bastardized psychotic version of it.

Peat once spoke about being stuck in incoherent environments and said to act in a way to work against it, to achieve coherency ,even if it’s only a little thing each day it helps, take hope from the reality that coherent energy and structure underlies all human behavior, when energy is incoherent structure starts to suffer and behavior changes accordingly, the mass delusion and hysterics we are witnessing are doomed to fail because they are blind to this reality, those who are mad don’t know their mad, the failing takes time.
Many of the woke mad are headed for serious chronic diseases from the meds they have been guzzling along with their impulsive lifestyles and choices, so the next time they are screaming in your face just remember they will be paying a toll for said behavior, have sympathy but don’t be too passive either.

Don’t get too attached to unmet expectations, these expectations were put in your head by mad cultural paradigms,I know what I know because mad people told me it’s so, intelligent perception is coherency at work and will show you the way.

Even though I have no evidence for the continuation of life outside this current structure I can have hope, a healthy delusion, hopefully Travis is there in the broader electromagnetic domain in a more nuanced finer structure imperceptible to the human mind as it’s tempo/speed is too fast or possibly too slow, the domain of pure potential where the infinite flow of forms come from, he now has access to all the in-formation and answers to the many questions he pondered in an instant.

Attakai

is no one seeing through the cope? this dude was smoking, so he had to cope by "scientifically" justifying it to himself.
I'm not doubting nicotine has some benefits. Heck, you will probably even have some benefits from smoking the nicotine/tobacco rather than a gum.

But saying smoking is "good for you" just goes without any common sense. Ever seen a lung of a non smoker? Ever seen a lung of a smoker? Am I supposed to believe some theoretical gaba benefits are going to outweigh having a black lung?

Perceive, think, act is what I'll do instead. Just putting that picture here so people can decide for themselves if the benefits outweigh the negatives. Because pictures sometimes say more than studies.
+1
Smoking because you enjoy it is one thing, trying to convince yourself and others it's healthy is major cope.

RIP to Travis, seems like he struggled with his mental health, as seems to be common amongst those with high intelligence these days.

NathanK

Sorry to hear him go and at such a young age. I didn't take any deep dives into his posts, but was unquestionably one of the more prolific contributors in peatdom this past decade. I hope his family can find joy in the life he lived and peace in his memory.

X3CyO

there are contexts where smoking is better than not, and if they're not there, then don't.

David90

The Only Good Health Effects we could explain from Smoking is from Nicotine. Nicotine is a natural Stong Aromatase Inhibitor. It also inhibits DHT's Breakdown to a Weaker Metabolite called 3-alpha Diol. This could indirectly mean, that smokers could have slightly higher Androgens.

Androgen inactivation and steroid-converting enzyme expression in abdominal adipose tissue in men in: Journal of Endocrinology Volume 191 Issue 3 ()

The relation of smoking, age, relative weight, and dietary intake to serum adrenal steroids, sex hormones, and sex hormone-binding globulin in middle-aged men - PubMed

Most of my Friends that are smoking, are mostly taller then me. Also they have these Dense ''Three Day Beards'' and so forth.

johnwester130

Nice, thanks. We need to get him in here. I'll give it a shot.

To add on quickly, and speaking of curing bowel disease, our own @johnwester130 put together a neat little list of nicotine studies, linking that here, The Perfect Supplement - Caffeine, Nicotine And Methylene Blue:
  • Decreased risk of ulcerative colitis. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of aphthous ulcer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of Parkinson's Disease. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of atopic disorders, including asthma. (Resource)
  • Nicotine can treat tubercolosis. (Resource)
  • Carbon Monoxide acts similarly to Nitric Oxide, dilating blood vessels and preventing the formation of blood clots. (Resource)
  • Smoking lowers estrogen and decreases the risk for breast cancer. (Resource)
  • Nicotine improves cognitive performance in patients with Down Syndrom. (Resource)
  • Reduced risk of osteoarthritis. (Resource)
  • Smoking inhibits MAO-B. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases Glutathione and catalase, both antioxidants. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases testosterone and DHEA. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces IGF-1, extending lifespan. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces risk of colorectal cancer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of thyroid cancer. (Resource)

I had the exact same thought.

thanks for that

I actually remember I read that infamous longecity post about smoking and took the studies from there.
Nice, thanks. We need to get him in here. I'll give it a shot.

To add on quickly, and speaking of curing bowel disease, our own @johnwester130 put together a neat little list of nicotine studies, linking that here, The Perfect Supplement - Caffeine, Nicotine And Methylene Blue:
  • Decreased risk of ulcerative colitis. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of aphthous ulcer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of Parkinson's Disease. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of atopic disorders, including asthma. (Resource)
  • Nicotine can treat tubercolosis. (Resource)
  • Carbon Monoxide acts similarly to Nitric Oxide, dilating blood vessels and preventing the formation of blood clots. (Resource)
  • Smoking lowers estrogen and decreases the risk for breast cancer. (Resource)
  • Nicotine improves cognitive performance in patients with Down Syndrom. (Resource)
  • Reduced risk of osteoarthritis. (Resource)
  • Smoking inhibits MAO-B. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases Glutathione and catalase, both antioxidants. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases testosterone and DHEA. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces IGF-1, extending lifespan. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces risk of colorectal cancer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of thyroid cancer. (Resource)

I had the exact same thought.

lol thanks

this too

Healthy Peaty Smokers - Would You Recommend Smoking To Non-smokers?

tankasnowgod

+1
Smoking because you enjoy it is one thing, trying to convince yourself and others it's healthy is major cope.

I don't think anyone in this thread said it was "healthy." Only that the detrimental health effects are exaggerated (greatly, IMO), and that some of the more detrimental effects of smoking are due to things other than tobacco.

I've seen this as well. Clearly I don't want to say smoking and drinking is the key to being a centenarian, as there are just as many who don't smoke and drink. I think the common denominator is they all seem to stick to a certain routine which makes them feel good, and it seemingly always involves something we would see as a quirk, like eating a chicken soup everyday, or ice cream, or the very common chocolate.

I think this is the most apt observation about all centenarian accounts.

Last edited:
I wish I could explain how easy it is not to care . I just don’t give a $hite anymore. I flow like water . I just detach.
I also don't care about the system. Yet still I was robbed of my plans to live in another country, seeing my wonderful friends, and living a stimulating life. For years, I didn't have a strong direction of where I wanted to go in life. I finally found that direction in 2019 and before I could put everything together, the ability to act on my decision was removed in 2020.

You seem to suffer from an inability to comprehend the situations of others -- how this could affect them. Because it doesn't affect you.

This is in fact the ideal quality for the system that is being assembled before our very eyes. Autistic, isolated epsilon class working in their dark cubicles managed by the psychopathic alpha class CEOs. People without compassion for other organisms are easily controlled by an external force, because they have no network of supporting organisms.

I think it also signifies a lower functioning metabolism. A stressed organism has to be concerned with itself, it does not have the energetic capacity to deal with others.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I think this is the most apt observation about all centenarian accounts.

Thank you. I truly feel the consistency aspect is fundamental. Ray regularly talks about feeling good and maintaining a high metabolism on a daily basis for the long run, and obviously this fits in with Albert Svent Gyorgyi's ideas of function building structure. As Ray put it in a recent interview: "...the walk building the road".

In the end, due to our inherited physiological makeup, our circumstances and our individual ways of dealing with stress, we all have different requirements, and finding a set of habits which works for us and makes us feel good seems to be a really good idea.

For me, I tend to recognize that a gin&tonic and some down time to enjoy jazz/lounge music in the early evening is essential for my health and wellbeing. So it's a habit I think I'll stick to. I still have some work to fine tune my daily routine though.

tankasnowgod

This is in fact the ideal quality for the system that is being assembled before our very eyes. Autistic, isolated epsilon class working in their dark cubicles managed by the psychopathic alpha class CEOs. People without compassion for other organisms are easily controlled by an external force, because they have no network of supporting organisms.

I think it also signifies a lower functioning metabolism. A stressed organism has to be concerned with itself, it does not have the energetic capacity to deal with others.

Oh yeah. I think you hit it right on the head.

Over the summer, I think I suffered from pretty serious anhedonia. It was very, very easy for me not to care, because I didn't care....... about anything. I didn't care if I woke up the next day. I was drinking a lot, much more than I wanted to. I'm pretty sure it was excess serotonin (at least in part), because ritanserin was a lifesaver (maybe literally). No Starch Diet and Cyproheptadine also helped to bring me back.

I agree with you. One of the worst pieces of advice is "eat a varied diet."

There is great rewards in adapting to a diet and sticking with it and not varying it. These really old people have a routine, foods and everything, that they stick to.

Routine in the rest of life is pretty good too, but breaking routine for the stress of traveling and experiencing new things is very worthwhile.

mrchibbs

There is great rewards in adapting to a diet and sticking with it and not varying it. These really old people have a routine, foods and everything, that they stick to.

Routine in the rest of life is pretty good too, but breaking routine for the stress of traveling and experiencing new things is very worthwhile.

Indeed, routine in every aspect of life is a sure fire recipe for an early death :P

But I find that building a core, stable foundation: i.e. simple, reliable foods, consistent bed time, daily drink (even cigar I guess), these things can provide enough stability to be able to be more adventurous in other aspects of life, as in travelling, and taking on new projects, metting new people etc.

I remember him writing that he ate a whole coconut a day and a large quantity of raw collard greens. I used to read Seth Roberts blog and he died suddenly. He advocated an odd diet, the Shangrila Diet, that included drinking a large quantity of olive or other oil while holding your nose. He ate lots of butter as in a pound per day. Intense people push past some clues to potential problems.

Yeah, this is exactly who I first thought of when I heard this news about Travis. It seems we have a handful of health gurus dying suddenly, none have reached their 90's. There was Poliquin, several WAPFers, I know a paleo advocate who was diagnosed with cancer at 71 but since recovered (for now).

Man, that sucks though. I always enjoyed Travis's posts. I thought he was much older than he was, easily in his 50's or 60's. His knowledge and writing style was so deep and refined, yet with a wicked sense of humor at times. You won't find many people in their early 30s with knowledge like that, even fewer than liked to work on cars, too.

I always knew he was younger than 40. I've never seen someone close to their 60's write like Travis. Probably because they grow out of the mentality, or they never make it to that age (as demonstrated by Travis). Many people will think it's in bad taste to speak so matter-of-factly about a dead person. I think any time is a good time to speak honestly about a person.

I don't have any ill will towards Travis. His posts were interesting, if nothing else: idiosyncratic and detailed. Even if I disagreed with many of his conclusions, his opposition was more formidable than most. I value that, because it forces me to re-assess my ideas.

This formidable opposition came at a price, though. Travis was deeply and heavily invested in being "the smart guy". That's why his writing was so meticulous and extensive, why he would post vast amounts of cogitation that would tire out and deflect a weaker or uninterested intellect. Many philosophers suffer from this. Ray and others have pointed out that this kind of verbal effusion suggests a high serotonin load.

Serotonin is the hormone of limitation and scarcity. It induces torpor and hibernation, but it can also result in aggression and a heightened anticipation of threats in stimulating environments. The perception of the world is narrowed, and possibilities are reduced. The result is a fixed mindset, as opposed to a growth mindset. Therefore, a brutish and clawing mode is in order.

I never had any personal interaction with him, but I'm told by others that he refused to be wrong -- he refused to learn. If someone threatened his position as "the smart guy", his ego assumed command: he entrenched himself and he began deploying any kind of argument possible in order to not lose his spot as "king of the hill".

This isn't always a bad thing. When you become invested in something, you can become very creative when defending it. But it requires self awareness and introspection to understand when your ego is running the show.

Contrarianism is particularly attractive to this kind of person because it's so gratifying to pull the rug out from under a normie. You feel quite superior in knowing that you possess esoteric knowledge and a rare understanding that others do not. Thus, forums where idiosyncratic and non-normative beliefs dominate (like this one) attract such people.

Perhaps this kind of attitude is more visible to me because this is how I acted when I was younger. I wasn't popular, but I was smart -- I knew it and so did other people. It is something I still have to be mindful of, particularly "displaying" my intelligence when it's not necessary. In fact, seeing this wall of text, you could accuse me right now of being this way and I'd agree with you. Instead of taking care of things in my own life, I've spent probably two hours writing about someone that really has no effect on my life. (That's the power of the internet).

Though this is still valuable to me, as I get to solidify certain concepts in my own understanding. Good writing requires organized thinking.

There was another very intelligent blogger I read about, who unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but passed away at a young age as well, I believe in his 40s. He had some very keen insights into human as a being in relation to the world, which piqued my interest and made me read up more on him. When I found out about his diet, it threw many red flags to me. A diet comprised of entirely select fruits, vegetation, and other plants. Such a diet has some huge favors in terms of intellect, as someone like Travis displayed.

This writer eventually “wasted” away. His final entries were a crippling and depressing introspection into a man fully aware of his declining physical body and the life leaving him. I wish I could recall who this guy was to provide better detail, but my concluding thoughts were that this was a case of a man who was so possessed by what he thought was the best diet for him that it eventually killed him.

I think there are a group of people who become addicted to a certain conscious state of hyper intellectual and cognitive ability that they end up sacrificing a lot in other physical arenas. In my own opinion, based on extensive self-experimentation, tobacco and coffee are a far cry from net positive substances, and the perceived benefits mask the underlying damage they cause. I recall Travis pridefully revealing the large amounts of tobacco and coffee he would consume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was in some way to revel in the same realm as other intellectual powerhouses who smoked and drank coffee to fuel their intellectual supremacy. But genius can have its own price, and perhaps it doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good life in the grand scheme of things.

I recall many times vainly attempting to read through Travis’s work. In reality the majority of his writings were on levels too far beyond me, but I felt a strong comfort in reading through his work that he was a true scientist, someone who worked honestly and deeply knew the intrinsic workings of the universe. It helped a lot that he chose this community for a large amount of his writings, and I recall feeling very warm at seeing him affirm many of Peat’s ideas.

I will be honest and say that I do have this narrative where it’s almost as if I want his passing to be suicide so that he neatly fits a paradigm I have in my head. But I must be honest and conclude that ultimately I cannot know and must not believe too strongly any of my conclusions. It is a tragedy that such an intelligent and illuminating person has passed. We are all the better for having encountered him in our lives.

It's not an uncommon story. As I explain above, Travis probably had a fixed mindset, like many keyboard warriors who roost on Reddit and other internet forums. Perhaps we can make a distinction between mal-obsession and eu-obesession.

I'm not an expert on Travis lore, but my impression is that his diet was high fiber (raw fiber!) and low protein. That is decidedly not a "Peatarian" diet.

Travis seemed to have a very deep understanding on many topics. I’m just speculating but perhaps he found the covid issue/lockdown overwhelming and just too much to live with? Not because it effected him financially or anything but because of the broader implications for humanity. He could have had some insights into the reality of the ‘virus’ that we can’t even imagine and felt powerless to do anything about it.

I think this is overly generous. Ray has a far deeper understanding of worldly dynamics. You can hear his very pessimistic estimation of the direction of the world on the recent podcasts with Danny and Georgi, yet you can also tell he continues to have a reasonably positive affect. He doesn't have the same emotional-mental struggles that seemed to plague Travis, and I think this is because his grasp of general psycho-physiology and his own personal psycho-physiology exceeded Travis'.

I think the ability to deal with ambiguity, to embody contradictions (like macrocosm cyncism but microcosm positivity) is a sign of a good metabolism and healthy psychology.

People are viewing Travis through extremely rose-tinted glasses. He was a fixture of the forum for a few years, but I'm a bit mystified why the denizens of this forum laud him so highly. Perhaps because he encapsulated the forum mode so perfectly, gave the people what they clamored for. His monstrous tomes of detailed verbiage not only validated but encouraged an existence where one pores over text for hours and obsesses over minutiae, often at the detriment of real world progress.

Last edited:
Thank you. I truly feel the consistency aspect is fundamental. Ray regularly talks about feeling good and maintaining a high metabolism on a daily basis for the long run, and obviously this fits in with Albert Svent Gyorgyi's ideas of function building structure. As Ray put it in a recent interview: "...the walk building the road".

In the end, due to our inherited physiological makeup, our circumstances and our individual ways of dealing with stress, we all have different requirements, and finding a set of habits which works for us and makes us feel good seems to be a really good idea.

For me, I tend to recognize that a gin&tonic and some down time to enjoy jazz/lounge music in the early evening is essential for my health and wellbeing. So it's a habit I think I'll stick to. I still have some work to fine tune my daily routine though.

You know, as I continue this journey it astounds me how powerful the mundane concept of "feeling good" is. Before late 2019, I never really experienced the ephemeral moments of euphoria I sometimes get when eating something. It never happened on paleo. The proponents of other diets will talk about feeling "good, alert, energetic, no brain fog, etc" but I've never heard any of them talk about anything that sounds like euphoria -- something that makes your simple existence feel pleasurable.

Since this experience is so rare in others, it's not even on the mental map of most people. I always feel so dumb whenever I try to communicate this to other people because it's such a simple concept, and it's not intellectual. You have to experience it. There's no way I can provide someone with a line of reasoning to understand this unless they've experienced it themselves. The "feeling good" of other diets like keto and carnivore is centered around having a clear head, it is an intellectual "feeling good" that can be easily communicated to others with words.

I think that when your metabolism is regularly in a good place, you will, from time to time, slip into these moments of "feeling good". The warmth and joy from a good glass of red wine seems to be enhanced. Sometimes, while working, I will be listening to a podcast or just thinking in my head and the dumbest thing will become incredibly funny to me, and I'll laugh and feel this pulsing warmth in my lungs. (It is basically the opposite of feeling grief in the lungs.) It's a good time. I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah. I think you hit it right on the head.

Over the summer, I think I suffered from pretty serious anhedonia. It was very, very easy for me not to care, because I didn't care....... about anything. I didn't care if I woke up the next day. I was drinking a lot, much more than I wanted to. I'm pretty sure it was excess serotonin (at least in part), because ritanserin was a lifesaver (maybe literally). No Starch Diet and Cyproheptadine also helped to bring me back.

I'm glad you were able to pull through. The "self-medication" of alcoholism and other destructive activities seems to put us in a bleary haze that we prefer when we reach these points in our lives. In the past I sometimes found taking off my glasses relaxing, because my vision was so bad that everything was a blur. There was nothing to focus on, just a diffuse reality, a meandering flow of existence. The "spaciness" of weed does the same.

Last edited:

Indeed, routine in every aspect of life is a sure fire recipe for an early death :P

But I find that building a core, stable foundation: i.e. simple, reliable foods, consistent bed time, daily drink (even cigar I guess), these things can provide enough stability to be able to be more adventurous in other aspects of life, as in travelling, and taking on new projects, metting new people etc.

You guys got it right. Having the stability of a good routine is important. It simplifies life. On the other hand, times of adventure are also incredibly important. In a funny way, they add more time to our life. A single day traveling can often feel more eventful than an entire week at home. But the safety and stability of a regular life provides the resources to make the most of these adventures. And even after the adventures have passed, the calm routine provides space for contemplation and gratitude. The two, adventure and routine, need to be balanced.

I think a varied diet can be of particular use at a young age. I think it will make one more robust. As we age, our nutritional needs simplify. Often elderly people seem to have a very bland palate.

InChristAlone

Yeah, this is exactly who I first thought of when I heard this news about Travis. It seems we have a handful of health gurus dying suddenly, none have reached their 90's. There was Poliquin, several WAPFers, I know a paleo advocate who was diagnosed with cancer at 71 but since recovered (for now).

I always knew he was younger than 40. I've never seen someone close to their 60's write like Travis. Probably because they grow out of the mentality, or they never make it to that age (as demonstrated by Travis). Many people will think it's in bad taste to speak so matter-of-factly about a dead person. I think any time is a good time to speak honestly about a person.

I don't have any ill will towards Travis. His posts were interesting, if nothing else: idiosyncratic and detailed. Even if I disagreed with many of his conclusions, his opposition was more formidable than most. I value that, because it forces me to re-assess my ideas.

This formidable opposition came at a price, though. Travis was deeply and heavily invested in being "the smart guy". That's why his writing was so meticulous and extensive, why he would post vast amounts of cogitation that would tire out and deflect a weaker or uninterested intellect. Many philosophers suffer from this. Ray and others have pointed out that this kind of verbal effusion suggests a high serotonin load.

Serotonin is the hormone of limitation and scarcity. It induces torpor and hibernation, but it can also result in aggression and a heightened anticipation of threats in stimulating environments. The perception of the world is narrowed, and possibilities are reduced. The result is a fixed mindset, as opposed to a growth mindset. Therefore, a brutish and clawing mode is in order.

I never had any personal interaction with him, but I'm told by others that he refused to be wrong -- he refused to learn. If someone threatened his position as "the smart guy", his ego assumed command: he entrenched himself and he began deploying any kind of argument possible in order to not lose his spot as "king of the hill".

This isn't always a bad thing. When you become invested in something, you can become very creative when defending it. But it requires self awareness and introspection to understand when your ego is running the show.

Contrarianism is particularly attractive to this kind of person because it's so gratifying to pull the rug out from under a normie. You feel quite superior in knowing that you possess esoteric knowledge and a rare understanding that others do not. Thus, forums where idiosyncratic and non-normative beliefs dominate (like this one) attract such people.

Perhaps this kind of attitude is more visible to me because this is how I acted when I was younger. I wasn't popular, but I was smart -- I knew it and so did other people. It is something I still have to be mindful of, particularly "displaying" my intelligence when it's not necessary. In fact, seeing this wall of text, you could accuse me right now of being this way and I'd agree with you. Instead of taking care of things in my own life, I've spent probably two hours writing about someone that really has no effect on my life. (That's the power of the internet).

Though this is still valuable to me, as I get to solidify certain concepts in my own understanding. Good writing requires organized thinking.

It's not an uncommon story. As I explain above, Travis probably had a fixed mindset, like many keyboard warriors who roost on Reddit and other internet forums. Perhaps we can make a distinction between mal-obsession and eu-obesession.

I'm not an expert on Travis lore, but my impression is that his diet was high fiber (raw fiber!) and low protein. That is decidedly not a "Peatarian" diet.

I think this is overly generous. Ray has a far deeper understanding of worldly dynamics. You can hear his very pessimistic estimation of the direction of the world on the recent podcasts with Danny and Georgi, yet you can also tell he continues to have a reasonably positive affect. He doesn't have the same emotional-mental struggles that seemed to plague Travis, and I think this is because his grasp of general psycho-physiology and his own personal psycho-physiology exceeded Travis'.

I think the ability to deal with ambiguity, to embody contradictions (like macrocosm cyncism but microcosm positivity) is a sign of a good metabolism and healthy psychology.

People are viewing Travis through extremely rose-tinted glasses. He was a fixture of the forum for a few years, but I'm a bit mystified why the denizens of this forum laud him so highly. Perhaps because he encapsulated the forum mode so perfectly, gave the people what they clamored for. His monstrous tomes of detailed verbiage not only validated but encouraged an existence where one pores over text for hours and obsesses over minutiae, often at the detriment of real world progress.
I'm going to accuse you of showing off your intellect as you suggest we might haha! Wow just wow. You've said everything that needs to be said. I felt similarly about Travis and others like him but couldn't put to words what I was feeling without sounding mean. So instead I just posed the question of why would someone who tells people how to eat commit suicide if their way of eating was so healthy? Of course sometimes there is something huge that happens to a person that could change their path forever say a death of a child or public shaming but that didn't seem to happen here. And maybe we don't know the whole story; we can only speculate. But I was definitely not going to follow what he said without coming to the same conclusions myself as I suggest everyone to do when confronted with gurus. And I also agree it's good to have opposing views and don't mind reading about them even if I disagree. I just don't tend to praise those who intentionally make themselves sound complex and too hard to understand.

tankasnowgod

So instead I just posed the question of why would someone who tells people how to eat commit suicide if their way of eating was so healthy?

If you hadn't noticed, there is a suicide inducing lockdown going around. My first thought with any suicide over the past 7 months wouldn't be "what was his/her diet like," but more "Why did the government feel the need to murder this person?"

Runenight201

If you hadn't noticed, there is a suicide inducing lockdown going around. My first thought with any suicide over the past 7 months wouldn't be "what was his/her diet like," but more "Why did the government feel the need to murder this person?"

The idea of suicide reveals an organism that is not life-affirming and experiencing generative health but rather is experiencing suffering at some level of the physical/psychological system. If the energetic, vital organism vies for survival and growth, then the degenerative, dying organism accepts apathy and demise.

Even amid such “extreme” lockdown mesures, a suicidal response would indicate to me an unhealthy individual.

Runenight201

You know, as I continue this journey it astounds me how powerful the mundane concept of "feeling good" is. Before late 2019, I never really experienced the ephemeral moments of euphoria I sometimes get when eating something. It never happened on paleo. The proponents of other diets will talk about feeling "good, alert, energetic, no brain fog, etc" but I've never heard any of them talk about anything that sounds like euphoria -- something that makes your simple existence feel pleasurable.

Since this experience is so rare in others, it's not even on the mental map of most people. I always feel so dumb whenever I try to communicate this to other people because it's such a simple concept, and it's not intellectual. You have to experience it. There's no way I can provide someone with a line of reasoning to understand this unless they've experienced it themselves. The "feeling good" of other diets like keto and carnivore is centered around having a clear head, it is an intellectual "feeling good" that can be easily communicated to others with words.

I think that when your metabolism is regularly in a good place, you will, from time to time, slip into these moments of "feeling good". The warmth and joy from a good glass of red wine seems to be enhanced. Sometimes, while working, I will be listening to a podcast or just thinking in my head and the dumbest thing will become incredibly funny to me, and I'll laugh and feel this pulsing warmth in my lungs. (It is basically the opposite of feeling grief in the lungs.) It's a good time. I highly recommend it.

I remember speaking to an older coworker and talking to him about why I ate the way I do and was so picky about my food. He looked at me and stated that he never once thought or felt any different from the food he ate. It made me really think about how many millions of people suffer from all sorts of afflictions and go down inappropriate paths because they were never exposed to the power of nourishment.

I would say I’ve been more in a rut than experiencing generative health for the past couple months. A feeling of heaviness and low energy persisted. With no coincidence, it lined up with a complete devolution of my food choices. What’s beautiful though is that it takes just one moment of proper nourishment to restore an innate sense of life and warmth in me. I’d like to think this is the case for everyone, but I cannot confidently assert that yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals