Alkalosis Cause Heart Palpitations?

Velve921

I would love everyone's thoughts...exactly 12 hours ago I started having severe heart palpitations after taking baking soda...I tried everything to get my body relax, thyroid, mag, OJ, salt, ice cream progesterone...nothing worked. So I finally went to the ER. When I got out of my car I ran to the door...5 minutes later during my EKG my hr normalized!! Palpitations were gone.

Is there a chance that my body went into alkalosis as I consume a lot of baking soda? And the sprint to the ER brought my ph back
Into balance? 2 days earlier I did baking soda and had heart palpitations as well.

Love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks!

Ben

I never had this problem with baking soda. But maybe your body just isn't used to it. Also, the sprint may have increased lactic acid, reducing alkility.

johns74

Do you use a urine pH strip, like many who use baking soda do to make sure your urine pH doesn't go too high?

tara

There are a couple of threads on milk alkali syndrome you might want to read.
I second the suggestion to use pH strips to monitor UpH.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I agree with everyones info! I'm going to lay off the baking soda for a while and just stick to salt.
Definitely a weird experience.

The doctor was clueless...my hr and temp were 84-90/98.4 while in hospital. I told her about the alkalosis concept and her response was a look of impossibility and that its all in my head. So frustrating.

Suikerbuik

johns74 said:
Do you use a urine pH strip, like many who use baking soda do to make sure your urine pH doesn't go too high?

No, too lazy to measure so I stay on the safe side with max 1,5g/day! However, if I do measure I use a pH electrode, but strips should be fine too and maybe even more reliable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals