Advice For Getting Off Thyroid Hormone

lindsay

Charlie said:
Lindsay, Thank you for the papaya enzyme suggestion, I will check into it. Really need all the help I can get with my digestion. One thing I thought today, my gums have never been this bad that I can remember. So estrogen must be at it highest I assume, I am wondering if the gallbladder is pushing up the estrogen somehow. Again, assuming this is gallbladder stuff happening to me. I also wondered if that was why your estrogen dipped down after your surgery, now that the gallbladder was removed. Anyways, that was just some thought that ran through my head today.

Let me know if it works! I used to take them years ago - at least they are tasty to chew on :) I understand the digestive woes. Unfortunately, I had my gallbladder removed almost 10 years ago, but recently it was my appendix (which is why I had antibiotics and felt the reduced estrogenic effects). I'm not really sure how you solve gallbladder issues for good - I had mine removed and now I don't get gallbladder pain, but it means you don't absorb nutrients as well. Plus, I think it burdens your liver.

Anyhow, since my gallbladder disease was likely caused by a serotonin drug I was taking prior to it, I'm guessing that the root causes of gallbladder disease are serotonin/estrogen related. A good antibiotic may or may not help with your pain, but it will likely be short lived if you don't keep the gut clean. I felt great after my 10 days of antibiotics post-appendectomy, but the effects are short lived and now I'm feeling the digestive woes again. Still, there are things that might help - like the ACV, garlic, cranberry extract (I found this helps somewhat), reducing starch, activated charcoal..... have you tried activated charcoal?

One thing to look at when you get gallbladder disease is, there are stones and then there is the disease. I had biliary dyskinesia, which means weak gallbladder, essentially. It's when the gallbladder is pumping weakly and therefore the bile is not being released. It feels kind of like it's seizing up on you. I dropped down to about 95 lbs. prior to having it removed. Funny thing is, I feel pretty much the same without it, except for the knife like pains I would get from time to time.

Also, eating citrus might help - I found one study that linked citrus intake (especially oranges/orange juice concentrate) to reduced estrogen levels. RP also mentions this often. Do you eat citrus regularly???

tara

Sorry you are having such a hard time - and over such along time too.

I've read that the malic acid in apples is supposed to soften, and possibly eventually dissolve gall stones. So maybe you've done that. Or did you bump up fat too?

Dan W

You're probably already doing this, but just a +1 to keeping an eye on the "teeth sitting in acid" problem Tara mentioned earlier. I've been worried about that myself as I increase my juice consumption. I thought apple or grape juice might be better than OJ, but it turns out they're all really acidic.

My general plan is to drink juice in sessions throughout the day and then immediately rinse with baking soda or xylitol, avoiding brushing for a brief period.

And if all else fails, we'll just get ourselves some cool-looking dentures with vampire fangs.

lindsay

Dan Wich said:
You're probably already doing this, but just a +1 to keeping an eye on the "teeth sitting in acid" problem Tara mentioned earlier. I've been worried about that myself as I increase my juice consumption. I thought apple or grape juice might be better than OJ, but it turns out they're all really acidic.

My general plan is to drink juice in sessions throughout the day and then immediately rinse with baking soda or xylitol, avoiding brushing for a brief period.

And if all else fails, we'll just get ourselves some cool-looking dentures with vampire fangs.

Someone mentioned the simplest way to overcome this - using a straw. I had no trouble really, but I tend to wake in the middle of the night and need a blood sugar boost (cue OJ). Sometimes I notice the sensitivity to the coldness of the juice, which had gotten much better until lately. So I'm going to buy some straws. It's kind of fun to use straws anyhow :)

Dan W

Definitely, I bought some metal straws that are even more fun than regular straws. But I feel like the juice still ends up giving my back teeth a good acid wash.

Jennifer

Charlie said:
Jennifer, my mom hasn't been in the best of health either. She almost did not make it when she was pregnant with me due to gestational diabetes of the bad kind. She was in the hospital weeks after I was released. My grandmother had to take care of me and I am sure she was ill prepared to handle a sick child. Its no wonder I am so messed up, my mom got hit with untold stress while pregnant with me. :(

Oh, my! Me too Charlie! My mom was very sick for both my brother and I. My brother was a month over due. No lie! They even had to use forceps on him. She had tons of complications with him. With me she threw up everyday for the full nine months.

Charlie said:
Ok so went for ultrasound, no gallstones. :confused Liver looked good but still fatty. I only had some brief episodes last night of being uncomfortable, today I hardly feel anything at all. The last ultrasound I had, the one where they wanted to send me to a surgeon, I distinctly remember the lady said I had gallstones. I am perplexed to say the least, but grateful nonetheless.

YAY! God finally listened. I can take him off my *ahem* list now. :D

Seriously though, that's awesome that you're hardly feeling anything now.

Have you tried fresh made lemonade for your liver? I learned in RBTI that fresh lemons are the most healing food for it. I've been doing lots of lemonade this past week and I'm surprised at what has happened. I'll be talking about it in my log tonight.

sele

I've been sick since I was 18. On thyroid meds since then. I feel you, Charlie. I am lucky if I can even sleep for 2 hours but I can't. I've lost almost half of my gum. I am thinking of getting off thyroid, too. Have tried in the past with no success. Hopefully I can learn something from your experience.

Finding RP has made things a little better but there are still unexplained paradoxes. When I try something that works really well in scientific studies but gives me an opposite reaction, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Then I ask about it on the forum and can't find anyone with my kind of reactions.

I guess we are the unlucky ones. I'm also kind of used to not sleeping and being sick all the time.

BTW, has anyone figured out if thyroid raises cortisol. According to RP it's supposed to lower it, right?

Jennifer

sele said:
Finding RP has made things a little better but there are still unexplained paradoxes. When I try something that works really well in scientific studies but gives me an opposite reaction, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Then I ask about it on the forum and can't find anyone with my kind of reactions.

This is something that worries me for people who don't have the same reactions as those in the studies. The feeling that they aren't doing the diet or supplements right. You are not doing something wrong, sele!

The problem with these studies is that we are not lab rats in a controlled environment. We are people with our own history and life experiences that helped make up who we are today and these are confounding factors that will change perceived outcomes.

There should be disclaimers with all the studies that say "your mileage may vary" because the truth is, it will so that doesn't mean you aren't doing it right. I mean, most people find that their milage varies and if there are that many exceptions to the "rule," I think that speaks volumes that perhaps there are no rules.

I know your comment was for Charlie, but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lindsay, yes I have tried activated charcoal on and off. Maybe I need to step it up and do it every 3 days. I think the gallbladder pumping weakly is just another sign of hypothyroidism. Thursday I should get my results and hope that they did not find anything bad. And no I dont eat citrus regularly. I have an adrenaline reaction to oranges. However, I do love lemonade and do plan on making more of that in the future.

tara, I think my fat intake is around the same since Peating.

Dan, yeh I try to be careful and rinse out with baking soda as soon as I finish up my drink. Maybe I will invest in some straws.

sele, yeh I feel like things happen to me opposite of what they are supposed to. :( Like when I take vitamin K my teeth get worse. ugggggh :cry:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
TMI alert:

Oh and I started on the Tman thyroid. I had been constipated for more then a month, even with cascara I was not able to move anywhere near like I should. Within 2 days of starting the Tman I was making man patties again. What a relief. Burping has gotten slightly better, but still there, digestion improving nonetheless. Its still early in the Tman journey but so far, so good. Oh, and they are the most delicious pills ever. :lol: The coating reminds me of m&m's but only better. Yum! :mrgreen:

I have a dr's appointment again on Thursday and he is a new dr that might be more helpful. I want to see if he can test for parathyroid hormone, and prolactin. Is there any other tests that I should ask for so maybe I can get a better view on whats going on with my teeth?

SQu

That sounds like a good sign, Charlie. A few days ago some summer fruit ( nectarines) started helping my chronic constipation and immediately I felt better for it. I was surprised how much better.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
aquaman, I got all the test results except the vitamin D one which takes longer because they have to send it out to some other lab.

sueq, yes definitely a good sign. My estrogen is still pretty high though because my gums are really inflamed.

lindsay

Charlie said:
Oh and I started on the Tman thyroid.

Charlie, what is the difference between Tman thyroid and Thiroyd??? They are from the same company, so I am curious. And glad to hear that your gallbladder had no stones!! Yay for that!!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
lindsay, they are sold by the same company but they are made by different manufacturers.

I have yet to see the dr but I do have the results of the ultrasound in my hand. Btw if you ever get any tests done at a hospital and want the results simply go to medical records and show your ID and they must make copies and give it to you. But anyways, on the results it says I have 2 cysts in the gallbladder. And the nurse called and they want to send me to a gastro dr.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

4peatssake

What does your dentist say Charlie?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dont have a dentist. :(

HDD

honeybee said:
well, i will venture a remedy that is not entirely peaty but it helped me. I eat semi-peaty avoid pufas, etc..and supplement wiht d, a, calcium eggshell, k2, t3 I was experiencing all of the signs of cavities (aching teeth, jaw, inflamed gums,e tc..) for about 3-4 months and I decided to try high dose vit c (ascorbic acid-no fillers from Trder Joes). I did this for about 1 month-I even tried "liposomal" for about a week. ALL signs mentioned above went away. That was 2 months ago. I went in for a check up with my dentist 2 weeks ago-no issues at ALL. That is unusual for me-they usually put a "watch" on at least one tooth. (no xrays) I only took the vitc for a month-still no probs a month later. So could be used short term for greater benefit? My insane cravings for juice (oj usually) also decreased to almost nothing.
Good luck-dental problems suck on a grand scale.

Did you see this , Charlie? My sons teeth are doing the same. :(

Honeybee,
If you see this, what was your high dose?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
HDD, I remember seeing that post but it did not click at the time. Tonight I was laying in bed about to go to sleep and something clicked. Hopefully this is the answer and it will help your son too.

I have some vitamin C from the vitamin C foundation, its about a year expired but hopefully it is good. I went ahead and took 2000mgs tonight. I also plan on going to get a bunch of lemons and limes tomorrow and will start juicing them. And I will continue researching scurvy tomorrow and see what all I can dig up on it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals