Thyroid Trouble

Jsaute21

All,

I am looking for some guidance in regards to thyroid supplementation and overall metabolism health. Specifically gearing towards hearing certain members journeys & paths to healing, or if the opposite took place. I started my "Peat Journey" about a year ago, when my OCD symptoms were fairly unbearable. I under eat for a long period of time, with about a year and a half of IF involved. A lot of PUFA intake, not enough carbs and sugars, etc. Pretty standard background. I maintained my strength throughout this dip in health, but energy and explosiveness as an athlete decreased along with going from a happy, horny and high functioning human to an OCD driven hypochondriac.

My year has been filled with mostly progress in symptoms. I would say the peak took place 2/3 months ago as summer weather started to rear its beautiful head. I shed the 10 LBs i gained from over eating fats, and became a lean, athletic and most importantly happier guy again. Overall, I am in a much better place so i owe Peat, @haidut, @DaveFoster, @tyler & @tca300 quite a bit of gratitude for being such dependable resources.

My issue is thyroid. Due to having some genetic predisposition it seems to OCD symptoms, measuring my temps and pulse can become an unproductive task. It can result in 20-30 measurements a day, filled with frustration due to a perceived halt in progress.

My questions for the forum range from general to specific, and involve some topics that are often in high debate amongst members such as @tyw, @Westside PUFAs & other Peat desciples.

1.) If temps & pulse are low at rest, is it still possible to be healthy? My temps average in the low 97's (not awful but not ideal.) Pulse often goes down when t3 (cynomel) administration. When i take it in the morning, it has slightly negative effects, when in the afternoon with a sweet and coffee, it is usually positive. NDT (Dr Rons raises pulse to 70's from high 50's or low 60's at rest. I am a lifelong conditioned athlete. My pulse is stubbornly low, and ive noticed many of my friends who share a similar background, have a pulse in low 70's at highest. Usually lower.

2.) What are safest supplements to use for metabolism maximization? I realize this is an annoying & vague question. I am simply looking for what has improved everyone's metabolism the most. I am almost ready to abandon thyroid as it seems to barely do anything for me. Interested to see how many have responded well to thyroid, and who hasn't. For those with normal hormonal profiles, it seems to me its never ideal and always tricky.

Cheers to helping a brother out.

Regina

All,

I am looking for some guidance in regards to thyroid supplementation and overall metabolism health. Specifically gearing towards hearing certain members journeys & paths to healing, or if the opposite took place. I started my "Peat Journey" about a year ago, when my OCD symptoms were fairly unbearable. I under eat for a long period of time, with about a year and a half of IF involved. A lot of PUFA intake, not enough carbs and sugars, etc. Pretty standard background. I maintained my strength throughout this dip in health, but energy and explosiveness as an athlete decreased along with going from a happy, horny and high functioning human to an OCD driven hypochondriac.

My year has been filled with mostly progress in symptoms. I would say the peak took place 2/3 months ago as summer weather started to rear its beautiful head. I shed the 10 LBs i gained from over eating fats, and became a lean, athletic and most importantly happier guy again. Overall, I am in a much better place so i owe Peat, @haidut, @DaveFoster, @tyler & @tca300 quite a bit of gratitude for being such dependable resources.

My issue is thyroid. Due to having some genetic predisposition it seems to OCD symptoms, measuring my temps and pulse can become an unproductive task. It can result in 20-30 measurements a day, filled with frustration due to a perceived halt in progress.

My questions for the forum range from general to specific, and involve some topics that are often in high debate amongst members such as @tyw, @Westside PUFAs & other Peat desciples.

1.) If temps & pulse are low at rest, is it still possible to be healthy? My temps average in the low 97's (not awful but not ideal.) Pulse often goes down when t3 (cynomel) administration. When i take it in the morning, it has slightly negative effects, when in the afternoon with a sweet and coffee, it is usually positive. NDT (Dr Rons raises pulse to 70's from high 50's or low 60's at rest. I am a lifelong conditioned athlete. My pulse is stubbornly low, and ive noticed many of my friends who share a similar background, have a pulse in low 70's at highest. Usually lower.

2.) What are safest supplements to use for metabolism maximization? I realize this is an annoying & vague question. I am simply looking for what has improved everyone's metabolism the most. I am almost ready to abandon thyroid as it seems to barely do anything for me. Interested to see how many have responded well to thyroid, and who hasn't. For those with normal hormonal profiles, it seems to me its never ideal and always tricky.

Cheers to helping a brother out.
I do hope others chime in. My thoughts are MB, inosine, and AC a couple x's/wk. I also like tyronene and lisuride.
Have you had your vitamin D level checked?

Also really good quality protein. I say this while eating a bowl of mussels. I can just walk to the grocery store and grab a fresh bag on ice. I can obtain and prepare them probably quicker than waiting at Jimmy Johns for a lousy sandwich. They also had pre-shucked oysters that I will stew tomorrow.

Frankdee20

I've only tried surrogates Aspirin and Caffeine and they're great. I'd like to increase my Selenium and Iodide first before I try NDT.

OP
J

Jsaute21

@Jsaute21

How many different thyroid products have you tried?

Quite a bit Dave. Tyromix, tyronene, tyromax, cynomel, cynoplus, dr rons NDT. All effects have been negligible with exception of DR Rons. I consider Rons more of a vitamin as it is primarily liver with some horse thyroid. I feel phenomenal on it when I haven't used it in a while. The synthetic drugs are hit/miss, with more times being miss.

OP
J

Jsaute21

I do hope others chime in. My thoughts are MB, inosine, and AC a couple x's/wk. I also like tyronene and lisuride.
Have you had your vitamin D level checked?

Also really good quality protein. I say this while eating a bowl of mussels. I can just walk to the grocery store and grab a fresh bag on ice. I can obtain and prepare them probably quicker than waiting at Jimmy Johns for a lousy sandwich. They also had pre-shucked oysters that I will stew tomorrow.

Thanks, Regina. Helpful post. Mussels are probably my favorite food and I feel phenomenal when I eat them. I don't eat them enough however! Last time I got my vitamin d tested was in the depths of winter and it was terribly low so my doctor gave me a soybean oil vitamin D capsule lol. Pretty symbolic of doctors these days. I also react very well to lisuride, as well as androsterone.

DaveFoster

Quite a bit Dave. Tyromix, tyronene, tyromax, cynomel, cynoplus, dr rons NDT. All effects have been negligible with exception of DR Rons. I consider Rons more of a vitamin as it is primarily liver with some horse thyroid. I feel phenomenal on it when I haven't used it in a while. The synthetic drugs are hit/miss, with more times being miss.
Have you gotten labs while on them? Sometimes people need very large amounts of thyroid if they've been exposed to a great deal of stress.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Have you gotten labs while on them? Sometimes people need very large amounts of thyroid if they've been exposed to a great deal of stress.

No I need to get labs ASAP. Been a while. Just get annoyed by doctors so I always put it off. Not a good excuse I know.

Jason_I

Super interested in the responses to this one. My weigts beein all over the place recently / mood has been up and down etc. Going in for further tests next Thursday but from what I've read online / talked with my doctor about it's down to my Thyroid. Ovciously everyone's different, but I'm curious to hear how you get on! I'm currently taking Vit D supps, and not much more, though I can see that changing pretty soon based on my results. So as others have mentioned, getting your labs done is probably the best idea to start (it's what finally pushed me to it, too).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals