Coming off trt. Hcg/ prog . Preg

tommyg130

Hi, I’m coming off trt , after a year . My T and E were always perfect, but my prog, preg, dhea we’re unbelievably low . Hard to fathom. I’m on hcg now at 500iu daily. 2 weeks in , will probably do 2 more weeks if not more.

I don’t think hcg is this amazing hormone but I’m not coming off cold turkey. Hcg is effective at raising upstream hormones listed Above ^. Hoping when i check mine they are on there way up.

Would adding in prog,preg, thyroid help in my HPTA recovery ? Or hinder. I can’t seem to figure it out or find info. They are exegenous and I am trying to recover my own hormones and restart my HPTA obviously so would hcg alone be best? I’m not aware of the negative feedback of those but I feel good when I take them.

I guess the true way to know is to check my LH (luteinizing hormone) often and make sure it is high.

If you think not adding anything while on pct , when do you think it would be safe to add those back in? Thank you . I’m sort of thinking hcg only bc it’s letting my body do all the work. Hcg is exogenous obvious, but in a way that is letting my own HPTA do the work and fill those hormones in proper ratios.

liber1

All of these things can help but I don’t think there’s a method that works for everyone.

The best advice I can give is for you to be aware, ahead of time, that you will probably feel pretty terrible in comparison with low energy, libido, etc for a while. Maybe a few months while your body sorts itself out.

OP
T

tommyg130

All of these things can help but I don’t think there’s a method that works for everyone.

The best advice I can give is for you to be aware, ahead of time, that you will probably feel pretty terrible in comparison with low energy, libido, etc for a while. Maybe a few months while your body sorts itself out.
Got it, I actually feel better right now 2 weeks into hcg then I ever did on trt lol. I think that’s bc I was extra sensitive to crashed prog, dhea, preg. Since I came off T and started hcg they have risen already in a short time .

And thank you for the advice. I will prob now add some prog, preg, on top of hcg for a couple weeks. I just wanted to make sure that adding those wouldn’t suppress me and cause negative feedback to HPTA. From what I’ve gathered in small doses they won’t suppress LH at all in the way Testosterone does and they will actually help the restart . You agree ?

John mcclain

500iu daily is a huge amount most AAS users use 250iu twice a week to achieve the same result I would taper down to that if I were u.

conrad0602

500iu daily is a huge amount most AAS users use 250iu twice a week to achieve the same result I would taper down to that if I were u.
250 twice a week would be geared towards maintaing testicular size/function on cycle or alongside trt. If it wasn't used preventatively, larger amounts for a period helps to get things going again. Best not to go too long. Couple of weeks to a month. Keeping an eye on estrogen. Hcg will shut down production of lh at the pituitary. (Secondary hypogonadism)

DeadCatBounce

Hi, I’m coming off trt , after a year . My T and E were always perfect, but my prog, preg, dhea we’re unbelievably low . Hard to fathom. I’m on hcg now at 500iu daily. 2 weeks in , will probably do 2 more weeks if not more.

I don’t think hcg is this amazing hormone but I’m not coming off cold turkey. Hcg is effective at raising upstream hormones listed Above ^. Hoping when i check mine they are on there way up.

Would adding in prog,preg, thyroid help in my HPTA recovery ? Or hinder. I can’t seem to figure it out or find info. They are exegenous and I am trying to recover my own hormones and restart my HPTA obviously so would hcg alone be best? I’m not aware of the negative feedback of those but I feel good when I take them.

I guess the true way to know is to check my LH (luteinizing hormone) often and make sure it is high.

If you think not adding anything while on pct , when do you think it would be safe to add those back in? Thank you . I’m sort of thinking hcg only bc it’s letting my body do all the work. Hcg is exogenous obvious, but in a way that is letting my own HPTA do the work and fill those hormones in proper ratios.

I had low prog and dhea too and my skin was getting ***t and was starting to age quickly. So I was forced to come off like you.

Did it cold turkey without any hormones to help out the transition. To be honest I think letting the body heal by itself is best ! HCG or anything from the outside only makes the body adapt to new stressors and I believe is not optimal and asking for more trouble instead of allowing the body to do what it KNOWS is best. Just trust your body and give it whatever it needs to do what it does best - heal.

After 5-6 months when tissue levels saturate and plasma levels of all hormones including dhea come in normal values one can play with the hormones again. But this is just my way of seeing things. Other people will tell you to meddle with your hormone balance to try to optimize but I think it is a mistake unless there is an underlying medical issue.

The first 3-4 months can be a bit weird with low energy levels and feeling sleepy/tired etc. But I felt a lot better than on TRT. And happier. Even though less shredded for sure :):

One tip: Icing the balls and giving your balls some Sunlight especially in the morning is really helpful for recovery. I do not ice them but just let cold tap water run on them for 30 secs 2 times a day usually when I take baths , in the morning and evening. Sunlight really helps ( : and keeping them cool.

liber1

I once used hcg at 500iu every day for two weeks to restart and I literally went insane. Testosterone and estrogen spikes like mad. No control of emotions and just wacked out.

I think it’s akin to exercise, stimulate, don’t annihilate.

OP
T

tommyg130

I once used hcg at 500iu every day for two weeks to restart and I literally went insane. Testosterone and estrogen spikes like mad. No control of emotions and just wacked out.

I think it’s akin to exercise, stimulate, don’t annihilate.
Lol that’s how I feel. But I can tell something is happening and I’m holding more muscle again. Not my goal but I can tangibly see an effect. So you think after 2 weeks 500iu daily it’s safe to say I helped jack up my levels a bit? And now come off and let my body do the work

OP
T

tommyg130

I had low prog and dhea too and my skin was getting ***t and was starting to age quickly. So I was forced to come off like you.

Did it cold turkey without any hormones to help out the transition. To be honest I think letting the body heal by itself is best ! HCG or anything from the outside only makes the body adapt to new stressors and I believe is not optimal and asking for more trouble instead of allowing the body to do what it KNOWS is best. Just trust your body and give it whatever it needs to do what it does best - heal.

After 5-6 months when tissue levels saturate and plasma levels of all hormones including dhea come in normal values one can play with the hormones again. But this is just my way of seeing things. Other people will tell you to meddle with your hormone balance to try to optimize but I think it is a mistake unless there is an underlying medical issue.

The first 3-4 months can be a bit weird with low energy levels and feeling sleepy/tired etc. But I felt a lot better than on TRT. And happier. Even though less shredded for sure :):

One tip: Icing the balls and giving your balls some Sunlight especially in the morning is really helpful for recovery. I do not ice them but just let cold tap water run on them for 30 secs 2 times a day usually when I take baths , in the morning and evening. Sunlight really helps ( : and keeping them cool.
Yes ok we’ll I already did the hcg 2 weeks so I will stop and heal. I agree w that point of being tired but better then on trt. I don’t feel optimal but I feel tired , but less irritable. Which I’ll take 10/10 times. I guess bc you can’t heal when in a fight or flight state

Why can't you take HCG while on TRT...

Hypermnesia

Are you still using the hcg now? I'm thinking a low dose might help me but I think I drove estrogen too high are you experiencing any negative effects?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals