Academia Is Killing My Friends

jaguar43

Academia is killing my friends

"Anything that is is born of the scientific thinking of man will ultimately destroy this world and you and me and everyone on this planet."

- Jiddu Khrisnamurti

That blog is pretty heart breaking. I feel for those students. But I think those problems are everywhere in all fields. Work conditions are pretty bad at this point.

I have known of Chris Hedges for a few years now. He reminds me of Noam Chomsky, giving speeches and writing books. I don't think he says anything useful at this point.

DaveFoster

"Working on the project day-to-day was characterized by what I now understand as a toxic mix of micro-aggressions, manipulation and just really bad management; all contributing to a climate of anxiety and insecurity."

"Famous Professor said dismissively that adults often reconsider “abuse” they endured as children as simply part of their sexual histories and characterized the idea of trauma at the hands of a same gender abuser as homophobia and/or repressed sexual desire."

mjtyc87dchifuhzksm4m.jpg

"For someone like me navigating academia is treacherous. I’m severely anxious and sensitive…minor pain that most people can ignore, like a static shock, aches in me for prolonged periods, and due to childhood lung disease and asthma I get sick easily."

These look cliche, repetitive, and all resemble one another. Also, there's a lot of mention of feminism, and most of these problems occur in the humanities (I'd imagine.) Maybe it's my confirmation bias, but I smell something fishy, and it ain't fish.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals