Men have friends for two reasons

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Complete domestication of spirit. ALL great historical events were consequences of strong male friendships. It is NOT a man’s duty to be a good husband. LOL. I get that modern life makes it hard to create strong friendships - men are pitted against each other in a context of materialism. This is not an accident, brotherhoods of men are a terminal threat to a gynocratic state.
Also if society were to fall and you don’t have a few friends which you can trust with your life, you are not gonna make it.
I get it, we couldn’t fix all the cars at my work if we didn’t help each other and couldn’t do it alone.

Nomane Euger

That has to be the most absurd post Ive seen in a while. How on earth are you able to reach that conclusion. Humans are social beings
social interactions do not exclude talking to each other for mutual benefit

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Strange perspective. My best friend isn't exactly what you call good looking, but I'd rather hang out with him than with any woman I've ever met.
It’s not looks it’s a tension/energy. I’m heterosexual and realised this after living with two gay guys, going out with them and getting to know their friends.

Going from that back to normal straight guys, it stood out to me how they behave more gay than the guy guys and this is based on blue collar men in their 20s.

Nomane Euger

It’s not looks it’s a tension/energy. I’m heterosexual and realised this after living with two gay guys, going out with them and getting to know their friends.

Going from that back to normal straight guys, it stood out to me how they behave more gay than the guy guys and this is based on blue collar men in their 20s.
if we generalise,gay guys that sound and behave feminines arnt happyer,they tend to be more exited than most less feminines men

OP
Herbie

Herbie

if we generalise,gay guys that sound and behave feminines arnt happyer,they tend to be more exited than most less feminines males
I mean they seemed more confident within themselves and more easy going so they were more open to joking, banter.

Nomane Euger

I mean they seemed more confident within themselves and more easy going so they were more open to joking, banter.
did they sound/behave feminines,like stereotype gay feminines tons of voices?i know peoples that easyly laugh to other peoples jokes often to a disproportionate degree,even when there is very little creativity,or even when its just low lvl mockery,these peoples are not happy,they are have a general exitation for anything the other peoples say,their laughs do not even necessary sound authentic,sometimes a certain degree of forcing,but 100% these peoples are not feeling good mentally and physically outside of their exitations rush,and the intensity of exitation they get from their pleasures including laughing to other jokes is mediocre compare to the lvl you could reach

Last edited:
Remember the old Little Rascals “He men woman haters” club? Men like to bond in groups. That’s why men used to like to go down to the local pub and hang out with the boys. It’s kind of a male validating thing. Women did it too in other ways. The old stereotype of women hanging out at the local beauty salon and gossiping. It was a woman thing.
And even the Boyscouts, before we found out it is and was a child molesting factory. It was to teach young men and boys masculine things. That’s a good thing imo. I was going to send my son to the Boyscouts because it seemed like a healthy male affirming thing. But then my God given Spirit intuition told me not to.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

did they sound/behave feminines,like stereotype gay feminines tons of voices?i know peoples that easyly laugh to other peoples jokes often to a disproportionate degree,even when there is very little creativity,or even when its just low lvl mockery,these peoples are not happy,they are have a general exitation for anything the other peoples say,their laughs do not even necessary sound authentic,sometimes a certain degree of forcing,but 100% these peoples are not feeling good mentally and physically outside of they exitations rush,and the intensity of exitation they get from their pleasures including laughing to other jokes is mediocre compare to the lvl you could reach
Yeah what your saying was the case but they were very witty, they certainly weren’t healthy and running on stress hormones.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Remember the old Little Rascals “He men woman haters” club? Men like to bond in groups. That’s why men used to like to go down to the local pub and hang out with the boys. It’s kind of a male validating thing. Women did it too in other ways. The old stereotype of women hanging out at the local beauty salon and gossiping. It was a woman thing.
And even the Boyscouts, before we found out it is and was a child molesting factory. It was to teach young men and boys masculine things. That’s a good thing imo. I was going to send my son to the Boyscouts because it seemed like a healthy male affirming thing. But then my God given Spirit intuition told me not to.
Yeah there is a reason they call grown men boys. I honestly got over that kind of thing, got bored of it.

I was a cub and scout and also played many sports but the cubs and scouts was the best thing i ever did and taught me great skills which I have with me today, I’m talking from philosophical point of view not knots. There was no foul play but I was lucky with the people I was with, very professional and great men and leaders volonteering to lift up the young men, instead of putting them down, this was in Australia, can’t speak for everyone.

Yeah there is a reason they call grown men boys. I honestly got over that kind of thing, got bored of it.

I was a cub and scout and also played many sports but the cubs and scouts was the best thing i ever did and taught me great skills which I have with me today, I’m talking from philosophical point of view not knots. There was no foul play but I was lucky with the people I was with, very professional and great men and leaders volonteering to lift up the young men, instead of putting them down, this was in Australia, can’t speak for everyone.
That’s good you were in a reputable club, and came through unscathed. Sadly today, we just can’t leave it to chance. My father was an eagle scout. He had a good experience as far as I know, and valued his time in it. But unfortunately today, you have to be very discriminating with where you send your children. That includes school and religious institutions as well.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

That’s good you were in a reputable club, and came through unscathed. Sadly today, we just can’t leave it to chance. My father was an eagle scout. He had a good experience as far as I know, and valued his time in it. But unfortunately today, you have to be very discriminating with where you send your children. That includes school and religious institutions as well.
This was in the 90s but I do remember years later lots of media attention about it.

Everything has changed, I was always outdoors with other children of the street playing and parents all inside, riding bike to school, bus, train. I was a taxi driver and spent 100 hours a week on the streets and never saw any children and if I did it just stood out and seemed like something was wrong but never seen any suspicious men or anything either. Massive traffic jams everywhere for drop off and pick up which was worse than rush hour for working people, even the radio station had a drop off and pick up segment. How the media has caused parents to be terrified.

ww3not4me

Never had a closet LGBTQ+++ relationship or a fall back! LOL I have had plenty of gay friends since middle school and will soon be 49. Happily married and if I was going to cheat it would be with a another woman not another man!!!

I had a ton of female friends in middle school, high school and college and no I did not want to have sex with all of them!

This entire thread just strikes me as someone trying to force their insecurities or pet philosophy onto all men if it fits or not. Not sure if I want to call it smug or condescending? Imagine Stewie's voice "Look at me I am so much better than all the men I know!"... Like a cross between virtue signaling and humble bragging?!?!

It is as if men can not have legitimate relationships with other men with out it either being a pseudo gay bromance or we all joined a secret society to network for mutual social and finical gain!

Just becasue the world and media have perverted everything that was once held dear does not mean everyone holds the current ideals and thoughts put out by said media as the norm. Just hanging out, sharing some wine and turning some wrenches and having some great conversations and laughs is still a thing. People can still just hang out, play cards and go hunting just because!

I'm.No.One

Guess my husbands gay for having male friends since he isn't using them for something...

It's important to remember that how we think the world works is a direct reflection of how we interact with the world.

This makes me think the OP is either a user/has been used, or is ashamed because he's attracted to a male friend or a male friend hit on them.

So the answer is to hide away & tell yourself as a man you don't need anything but a woman, a woman will make those feelings for some guy named Scott go away ?

Drareg

Its context based behaviours, contemporary society is a different context to the past where survival on your own was more difficult, killing large prey and hunting in general is better with several brains, Lions are more intelligent than tigers and employ this hunting ability, Tigers are solitary for the most part, the Tiger is physically stronger than a Lion but the Lions intelligence trumps the Tiger and nullifies the additional strength advantage a tiger may have.

Friends therefore are about bioenergetic resources first and foremost, social is in general, its easier for several brains in a community to get and maintain resources, food, water and shelter are the primary drives, sex is secondary to this, sex is energy expended with little return, the offspring is also an initial energetic burden that may become a boon once said offspring grows, having a community/friends around eases the amount of energy expended even with offspring.

The principle of least action applies, your current context has framed your thinking, if for example tomorrow water and food is stopped even in a contemporary society the value of your friends or burden of said friends becomes apparent, for example are your friends woke and from the humanities department or tradesmen and engineers, some choose friends wisely with this in mind
The last thing you think about as straight male in these contexts of food and water scarcity is being gay with your male friends imo.

As we evolve as humans we may become more solitary but that requires advancements we don't have yet.

Jinzo

Never had a closet LGBTQ+++ relationship or a fall back! LOL I have had plenty of gay friends since middle school and will soon be 49. Happily married and if I was going to cheat it would be with a another woman not another man!!!

I had a ton of female friends in middle school, high school and college and no I did not want to have sex with all of them!

This entire thread just strikes me as someone trying to force their insecurities or pet philosophy onto all men if it fits or not. Not sure if I want to call it smug or condescending? Imagine Stewie's voice "Look at me I am so much better than all the men I know!"... Like a cross between virtue signaling and humble bragging?!?!

It is as if men can not have legitimate relationships with other men with out it either being a pseudo gay bromance or we all joined a secret society to network for mutual social and finical gain!

Just becasue the world and media have perverted everything that was once held dear does not mean everyone holds the current ideals and thoughts put out by said media as the norm. Just hanging out, sharing some wine and turning some wrenches and having some great conversations and laughs is still a thing. People can still just hang out, play cards and go hunting just because!
Guess my husbands gay for having male friends since he isn't using them for something...

It's important to remember that how we think the world works is a direct reflection of how we interact with the world.

This makes me think the OP is either a user/has been used, or is ashamed because he's attracted to a male friend or a male friend hit on them.

So the answer is to hide away & tell yourself as a man you don't need anything but a woman, a woman will make those feelings for some guy named Scott go away ?
For real. What is this thread lmaoo

Pet Peeve

In my observations I think there are two reasons men are friends with each other in today’s world.

It’s either because they use/help each other in some mutual way like in business or workplace. Men can relate when they have a good mate as a work colleague but when one of them gets a new job the friendship often ends.

Or it’s a in denial closet homosexual/boredom relationship which is used to make up for lack of meaningful and close relationships with women which is based on high estrogen/testosterone. This is why when a man gets into a romantic relationship with a women, he often ditches his mates “bros before hoes”

These are two extremes I’ve noticed and think that men don’t need friends nor talk much because it’s a distraction from the inner life which is important for men. Moving in the direction of having a family or becoming a hermit is going in the right direction.
Third reason, to have someone to abuse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals