A non-toxic deodorant that works

Borz

Forum Supporter
I've been searching for the best non-toxic deodorant for a long time and finally found one that works without causing any skin irritation, so I wanted to share it with the forum. It's 151 proof %75 alcohol vodka. Simply get a spray bottle and fill it with the vodka and spray it.

I've tried baking soda but it always causes bad skin irritation after regular use, the irritation only happens on my right armpit for some reason.

I use this one (no affiliation):
buyboydandblair.com/collections/boyd-blair/products/boyd-blair-professional-proof-151-750ml

FitnessMike

doesn’t work for everybody, I got bad skin irritation from it, a big red patch that burns. some get it, some don’t.
use less? use coconut oil on top?

TheSir

I've tried baking soda but it always causes bad skin irritation
Do you put it in dry? I take a pinch on my fingers, then wet my palm and rub the water and the soda into my armpit. The soda will dissolve and cause no irritation. Alternatively you could fully saturate a small container of water with the soda then apply the water to your armpits.

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
Do you put it in dry? I take a pinch on my fingers, then wet my palm and rub the water and the soda into my armpit. The soda will dissolve and cause no irritation. Alternatively you could fully saturate a small container of water with the soda then apply the water to your armpits.
not dry, I did both ways you mentioned

use less? use coconut oil on top?
I used the Primal Pit Paste deodorant which is a mix of baking soda and coconut oil and a few other things. the same thing happened.

sweetpeat

I've been using milk of magnesia with pretty good results. I put it in an old empty roller-ball style deodorant bottle. Before that, I was just applying by hand.
The vodka idea is good too. A bit more expensive than some other options mentioned. But it's good you figured out what works for you. I wonder if medicinal alcohol ("rubbing alcohol") would work as a cheaper option? Though not as good with cocktails...

hierundjetzt

I've been searching for the best non-toxic deodorant for a long time and finally found one that works without causing any skin irritation, so I wanted to share it with the forum. It's 151 proof %75 alcohol vodka. Simply get a spray bottle and fill it with the vodka and spray it.

I've tried baking soda but it always causes bad skin irritation after regular use, the irritation only happens on my right armpit for some reason.

I use this one (no affiliation):
buyboydandblair.com/collections/boyd-blair/products/boyd-blair-professional-proof-151-750ml
You are making the mistake of rubbing it in too harshly. You just pad it on lightly, really very little is needed. Of course now that 9ne armpit is irritated, wait a few days before putting it on again. Really get the armpits wet and then lightly pad on very little. I have been using it that way since 2013. No problems at all and 100% effective!

sleepson

Was using a homemade version with arrowroot powder, baking soda and coconut oil, but recently started using the cucumber scent from this brand and it works like a charm. Able to control a powerful stench ?

Happycat

For me the thing that works best is milk of magnesia, works as a deodorant and antiperspirant (to some degree).

I know people who swear by baking soda- never worked for me at all.

I am also currently trying a glycolic acid toner, it's supposed to work as a deodorant, being acidic. Lots of people say it works, we shall see.

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
I've been using milk of magnesia with pretty good results. I put it in an old empty roller-ball style deodorant bottle. Before that, I was just applying by hand.
The vodka idea is good too. A bit more expensive than some other options mentioned. But it's good you figured out what works for you. I wonder if medicinal alcohol ("rubbing alcohol") would work as a cheaper option? Though not as good with cocktails...
just buying 190-200 proof ethyl alcohol and mixing it with water will work too I guess

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals