A 3rd Opinion - What does this blood test mean?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Comparing diets with 20% of the calories from fructose or from cornstarch, Holbrook, et al. (1989) concluded "The results indicate that dietary fructose enhances mineral balance." Ordinarily, things (such as thyroid and vitamin D) which improve the retention of magnesium and other nutrients are considered good, but the fructose mythology allows researchers to conclude, after finding an increased magnesium balance, with either 4% or 20% of energy from fructose (compared to cornstarch, bread, and rice), "that dietary fructose adversely affects macromineral homeostasis in humans." (Milne and Nielsen, 2000).Another study compared the effects of a diet with plain water, or water containing 13% glucose, or sucrose, or fructose, or high fructose corn syrup on the properties of rats' bones: Bone mineral density and mineral content, and bone strength, and mineral balance. The largest differences were between animals drinking the glucose and the fructose solutions. The rats getting the glucose had reduced phosphorus in their bones, and more calcium in their urine, than the rats that got fructose. "The results suggested that glucose rather than fructose exerted more deleterious effects on mineral balance and bone" (Tsanzi, et al., 2008).An older experiment compared two groups with an otherwise well balanced diet, lacking vitamin D, containing either 68% starch or 68% sucrose. A third group got the starch diet, but with added vitamin D. The rats on the vitamin D deficient starch diet had very low levels of calcium in their blood, and the calcium content of their bones was low, exactly what is expected with the vitamin D deficiency. However, the rats on the sucrose diet, also vitamin D deficient, had normal levels of calcium in their blood. The sucrose, unlike the starch, maintained claim homeostasis. A radioactive calcium tracer showed normal uptake by the bone, and also apparently normal bone development, although their bones were lighter than those receiving vitamin D.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Worldwide, infections are linked to about 15% to 20% of cancers. This percentage is even higher in developing countries, but it is lower in the United States and other developed countries. This is partly because certain infections are more common in developing countries, and partly because some other risk factors for cancer, such as obesity, are more common in developed countries.

Infections can raise a person’s risk of cancer in different ways. For example:

Some viruses directly affect the genes inside cells that control their growth. These viruses can insert their own genes into the cell, causing the cell to grow out of control.
Some infections can cause long-term inflammation in a part of the body. This can lead to changes in the affected cells and in nearby immune cells, which can eventually lead to cancer.
Some types of infections can suppress a person’s immune system, which normally helps protect the body from some cancers.
Any of these changes might lead to a higher risk of cancer.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“An infection or abscess is perhaps the most common cause behind a mass that is mistaken for a tumor. In addition, cysts may arise from inflamed joints or tendons as a result of injury or degeneration. Inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, can also result in soft tissue masses. Even metabolic conditions, such as hyperlipidemia (high blood fat levels), can cause masses to form that may look like tumors. Baker’s cyst behind the knee, gouty deposits about the elbow and vascular aneurysms are examples of non-tumor masses that require a medical assessment.

Similarly, there are many conditions that can cause changes in a bone that may resemble a tumor. Bone infection (osteomyelitis) can cause such changes. Metabolic conditions such as hyperparathyroidism can cause tumor-like areas to form. These will go away if the underlying problem with the parathyroid gland is treated. Other metabolic or congenital conditions of bone such as Paget's Disease, fibrous dysplasia, osteopetrosis, melorrheostosis, fibroosseous ossificans progressiva, and tumoral calcinosis have a characteristic appearance and require a unique treatment approach.

Perhaps one of the most difficult diagnoses to miss is that of idiopathic myositis ossificans. In this condition, an individual may present with a rapidly growing painful mass. An X-ray will show rapid bone formation, which can look identical to a high-grade osteosarcoma. In this case, however, the bone formation is a reactive inflammatory process that will stop. Urgent surgery usually makes this worse. There have even been unfortunate occasions where amputations have been performed for this essentially benign, though frightening, condition when mistaken for a malignant tumor.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Osteomyelitis is a bone infection caused by bacteria or fungi. It causes painful swelling of bone marrow, the soft tissue inside your bones. Without treatment, swelling from this bone infection can cut off blood supply to your bone, causing bone to die.”

“Osteomyelitis affects about 2 to 5 out of every 10,000 people. It’s one of the oldest diseases on record. Scientists have traced it back more than 250 million years.”

“In children, the infection is more likely to affect long bones, such as those found in the legs and arms. In adults, bone infections more often target the spine.”

“Types of osteomyelitis include:

Acute: This infection comes on suddenly. You may have a fever and then develop pain in the infected area days later.

Chronic: Chronic osteomyelitis is a bone infection that doesn’t go away with treatments. It causes bone pain and recurring drainage (pus). Rarely, chronic osteomyelitis doesn’t have symptoms. The infection may go undetected for months or even years.

Vertebral: This type affects the spine. It causes chronic back pain that gets worse when you move. Treatments like resting, heating and pain relievers don’t help. It rarely causes a fever. People who live in nursing homes, misuse intravenous drugs or are on dialysis are more prone to spinal bone infections.“

“What causes osteomyelitis?

Osteomyelitis occurs when bacteria from nearby infected tissue or an open wound circulate in your blood and settle in bone, where they multiply. Staphylococcus aureus bacteria (staph infection) typically cause osteomyelitis. Sometimes, a fungus or other germ causes a bone infection.

You’re more at risk for getting osteomyelitis if you have:

Artificial joint, such as a hip replacement.

Blood infection or conditions like sickle cell anemia.

Diabetes, especially a diabetes-related foot ulcer.

Metal implants in bone, such as a screw.

Pressure injuries (bedsores).

Recent broken bone or bone surgery.

Traumatic injury or wound.

Weak immune system.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Dont’t let them scare you into cancer if they find a black spot on your lung x-ray. I know someone who had a black spot on his lung and went for a biopsy and they accidentally went in too fat and collapsed his lung, which put him in the hospital where he died there of pneumonia. The irony is after his death his biopsy result said the spot was benign :/

“What does a spot on my lung mean?

A spot on the lung, which is also referred to as a lung or pulmonary nodule, could be an early indication of cancer. However, this is not usually the case. The appearance of a lung spot on an X-ray is quite common and usually indicates a benign condition.

Lung nodules may be caused by a variety of issues other than cancer, but it’s important to have them checked out to be sure and to address any causes that require treatment.

These types of nodules may be caused by marks or scars left from a previous infection, such as:

A fungal infection

A bacterial infection

A mycobacterial infection

Another possible cause of a lung nodule is a granuloma, a benign rounded scar resulting from many different benign inflammatory diseases, other than cancer.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“What are severe side effects of the tetanus vaccine?

Allergic reaction
Anaphylaxis
Brachial neuritis
Brain inflammation
Collapse or shock-like state
Coma
Decreased level of consciousness
Death
Enlarged lymph nodes
Extensive swelling
Facial palsy
Fainting and fall injuries after the shot
Febrile seizure (fever causing seizure)
Fever over 104ºF
Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Hypersensitivity (Arthus reaction)
Hypotonic-Hyporesponsive Episode (HHE)
Latex reaction
Muscle pain
Nerve damage
Progressive neurological disorder
Seizures

What other side effects have been reported?

Apnea (stop breathing temporarily)
Arthus-type hypersensitivity reactions
Bronchitis
Blood disorders
Brain inflammation
Cellulitis
Cyanosis or “Blue Baby Syndrome”
Diarrhea
Ear pain
Encephalitis
Encephalopathy
Enlarged lymph nodes
Fatigue
Headache
Fainting
Low blood platelet count
Lymphadenopathy
Respiratory tract infection
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Thrombocytopenia
Unusual crying or screaming”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Interestingly enough, several people I correspond with sent me emails discussing the disappearance of uterine fibroids and even colonic lesions after the administration of vitamin D, progesterone or androgens into the navel, as per my post on high bioavailability of navel route. Since navel administration rivals IV route in terms of effectiveness and affects predominantly the peritoneum, these results are now much easier to explain in light of the study findings below.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I discovered that clam juice has 15% of daily vitamin D in just one tablespoon! I stocked up on it!

Attachments

• 5FC44DD5-B471-4142-9ED6-459E884D2EC1.jpeg
    5FC44DD5-B471-4142-9ED6-459E884D2EC1.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 4C2F38FE-D968-479D-BDAA-3CEA67CDB8A6.jpeg
    4C2F38FE-D968-479D-BDAA-3CEA67CDB8A6.jpeg
    865.5 KB · Views: 5

frannybananny

Here is what RP said about his cancer, in an e-mail to me....

"My wheat germ experience related to decalcifying my teeth; at the time, in Mexico City, is was hard to get good milk.
It was my father who cured his extreme diabetes with a pure brewer’s yeast (high in phosphate) diet for a couple of weeks. When I was in my 40s a doctor friend mentioned (it was summer and I had my shirt off; I stopped consulting doctors at an early age) that one of my moles looked like melanoma; I found that correcting my hormones corrected that one; another doctor a few years later warned me about one on my arm, and adjusting hormones again eliminated it; every few years a mole would start growing and changing quickly, and they always disappeared with more thyroid, etc. It took me a long time to figure out the role of phosphate in cancer." -Ray Peat
YOu mentioned something about Ray Peat and his cancer....what kind of cancer?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Oncological pathologists, looking at slices of a tumor, believe they can guess when the cells have an evil intention. However, biologists studying living cells find that cells can do only what they are allowed to do by their environment.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The cancer industry has been flexible and imaginative in ways of presenting "age standardized" death rates to show that they are making progress against cancer, but there are philosophical and scientific problems in "oncology" (i.e., the study or treatment of lumps) that should be considered by anyone who plans to do business with that profession.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One of the reasons that the medical understanding of cancer hasn't changed significantly since Virchow's time is that blaming misbehaving cells for causing a tumor fits into the older medical tradition, that has existed at least since the time of Hippocrates, 400 BC, which treated l tumors either by cutting them out, or by burning them off with caustics. Virchow's identification of misbehaving cells provided a clear mental image of exactly what the physician must try to destroy. And it's probably hard to get interested in something which could seriously limit your professional activities if it turned out to be true.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A few biologists, including Ana Soto and Carlos Sonnenschein, are applying more realistic ideas of causality to ecological, developmental, and cancer research. They have said (Soto, et al., 2009) "The ecological developmental biology (eco-devo) movement rejects the notion that development is merely the unfolding of a genetic program." If events such as cancer aren't "caused by genes," understanding the causes of cancer and the appropriate ways to treat it will require more holistic ways of looking at the tumor's relation to the organism, and the organism's relation to the environment. It has been more than 40 years since experimenters demonstrated that cancer cells could be caused to revert to normal, by changing their environment.” Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“At the time Laird did the tumor growth study, there was considerable interest in the idea that the immune system could be induced to prevent tumor growth. In 1951, Chester Southam, of the Sloan-Kettering Institute, tested his theory of cancer immunity on hundreds of patients and prisoners, and his results were widely reported. He found that pieces of tumor implanted in healthy people caused a local intense inflammation, which healed completely after two or three weeks. In sick people, the rejection of the cancer implant took about twice as long, and in people who already had cancer, the implant was very slow to be destroyed, and sometimes it was still present when they died. In 1889, Stephen Paget had noticed that cancers metastasize only into certain organs, and compared the cancer cells to seeds that "can only live and grow if they fall on congenial soil." While many people, like Southam, saw a failing "immune system" as part of the congenial soil, and suggested vaccination to activate an immune rejection of the tumor, others have suggested "reducing the soil to dust," making growth impossible in a more general way. Recently, this attitude has taken the form of different ways of "starving" cancer, by reducing sugar in the diet, or by blocking cells' ability to use sugar. The idea of making the "soil" inhospitable to cancer is a variation on the theme of killing the unwanted tissue. As long as the lump is defined as an alien material, killing it by any means seems reasonable, but if it is seen as the body's attempt to repair itself, then killing it is no more reasonable than it would be to cut the spots out of someone with smallpox.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Many years ago, Harry Rubin was impressed by hearing from a pathologist that he had been able to find diagnosable cancer somewhere in the body of every person over the age of 50 that he had autopsied. If everyone has cancer by the age of 50, that means that cancer is harmless for most people, and that small cancers might frequently appear, and be spontaneously removed as part of the body's regular house-cleaning. One of the reasons that spontaneous regression of tumors seems so rare is undoubtedly that most tumors are quickly cut out by surgeons.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Preventing injury should be a basic consideration, but the medical slogan, "first do no harm," just doesn't apply to the cancer treatment industry, and this results from the doctrine of "the cancer cell," which is something to be destroyed or kept from multiplying. In the process of diagnosing a cancer, and during the course of treating it, the patient is usually subjected to multiple x-ray examinations, sometimes given radioactive drugs that supposedly concentrate in hidden tumors to emit positrons, and often has toxic contrast agents injected even for MRI examinations. These procedures, even before the destructive "therapies" begin, are adding to the body's inflammatory burden, interfering with the body's ability to complete a healing process. Decisions about pain control usually disregard the effects of the drugs on tumor growth and general vitality--for example, the opiates stimulate histamine release, which increases inflammation and tumor growth.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Since excitation leads to intracellular alkalinity and swelling, reducing the excitation seems reasonable, and many things which protect cells against excitation also have demonstrated anticancer effects. Local anesthetics, antihistamines, and antiinflammatory substances and some anesthetics such as xenon (Weigt, et al., 2009) are safe. Inhibitory substances related to GABA are being investigated for their ability to stop tumor growth. Simply stopping excessive excitation tends to restore the dominance of oxidative respiration over glycolysis.“ -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals