Kidney Stones

EIRE24

So today I was in work and began to develop a pain in my back which got worse and worse. Eventually I was bent over in two and had to go to the doctor. They took a urine sample and found some blood in my urine and told me it was kidney stones. I am waiting to see if I can pass them and if not its off to the hospital for some sort of procedure tomorrow to remove them after an X-ray.

Now, I am wondering what I should to do protect myself from the X-ray and also, what should I do to help pass the stones? I think the reason I developed the stones was from taking too much zinc picolinate supplement but thats an assumption.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it so much. Thanks

raypeatclips

X ray I have seen use red light within the first hour of possible as much as you can. There are some posts on the forum on it from haidut off the top of my head I think he suggested caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide before the X ray and some after?

artlange

Ray suggests to NEVER have an X-ray.X-ray will NOT help to pass the stone and will probably not change the treatment. and if you can't resist the doctors (fight hard against the x-ray!) and if you do have an X-ray, you might benefit with some vitamin A. Ray took it after a dental xray. To avoid kidney stones in the future, try Vit K2, D3 and 1-2g Ca in the diet. Low dietary Ca results in bone loss and increased serum CA resulting in Kidney stones. for links on these topics do a search on this forum. He has talked about these issues several times in the KMUD and other interviews.

Buttercup

So you joined the forum in 2015, and you have developed kidney stones.

People here talking about what you should do next, but I'm more interested in why you have developed kidney stones on a Ray Peat inspired lifestyle?

I presume your PUFA intake has been low (that seems to be at the centre of a lot of things that Ray Peat advises; so increasing metabolism seems to be the answer for most things). I presume your diet has been wholesome? (nutritious foods?). And yet you've developed kidney stones. Or the issue may have been there to start with, but certainly hasn't got better with the Ray Peat inspired lifestyle changes. So why has that happened?

Could zinc piconolate really be at the cause of it all?

I used to get back ache a lot from this Ray Peat lifestyle (started my journey four years ago). But I cleared that up thanks to Ceylon cinnamon (props to haidut). That stuff really allieviated that issue. But yes, I was more than aware that this painful lower back issue was probably related to my kidneys. And that lower back stuff only started when I ramped up protein (always taken with more than enough sufficient sugar) on this lifestyle. I couldn't even bend my back enough to tie up my shoe laces (seriously).

Nowadays, I still PUFA restrict,
But I am
100% focussed on cleanses. I recently did a liver flush, and it was a very positive experience. Coffee enemas have also been very good. I think I am actually improving now. And I plan to
Keep going with it. Just PUFA restricting and eating healthy nutritious food wasn't enough for me. My body was clearly beyond compromised.

As for kidney cleanses, I dont know if any exist really. Ray Peat doesn't seem to have ever really given the kidneys much attention or significance in comparison to the liver (from my readings; I might be wrong). Perhaps a good liver results in good kidneys?

Surely kidney stones would
be indicative of a metabolic issue, much like the presence of gallstones would?

OP
E

EIRE24

Ray suggests to NEVER have an X-ray.X-ray will NOT help to pass the stone and will probably not change the treatment. and if you can't resist the doctors (fight hard against the x-ray!) and if you do have an X-ray, you might benefit with some vitamin A. Ray took it after a dental xray. To avoid kidney stones in the future, try Vit K2, D3 and 1-2g Ca in the diet. Low dietary Ca results in bone loss and increased serum CA resulting in Kidney stones. for links on these topics do a search on this forum. He has talked about these issues several times in the KMUD and other interviews.
I already asked to not have the X ray taken. I have no choice as they need to locate the stone and determine its size unfortunately

OP
E

EIRE24

X ray I have seen use red light within the first hour of possible as much as you can. There are some posts on the forum on it from haidut off the top of my head I think he suggested caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide before the X ray and some after?
thank you

artlange

What about the size? How will your treatment be different if they know the size? can they do an ultrasonic scan? seems like you should look for any alternative to xrays.

Mito

Now, I am wondering what I should to do protect myself from the X-ray

Haidut quote: "If you have to have dental x-ray done, load up on some methylene blue, niacinamide, caffeine and aspirin about an 1 hour before the x-ray. Then, after the x-ray is done take the above mixture for 3 days. This should take care of the most damaging part of the immediate and post-exposure x-ray effects.
Btw, this recommendation would apply for any x-ray anywhere in the body. If you are getting a CT scan, which is essentially an x-ray on steroids, I would up take the combo for at least a week after the CT scan.
The dosage of each ingredient individually shown to provide some protection is 15mg methylene blue, 1,000mg niacinamide, 1,000mg aspirin, and 400mg caffeine."
Hold Out Hope For Tooth Re-mineralization Or Go To Dentist?

OP
E

EIRE24

Haidut quote: "If you have to have dental x-ray done, load up on some methylene blue, niacinamide, caffeine and aspirin about an 1 hour before the x-ray. Then, after the x-ray is done take the above mixture for 3 days. This should take care of the most damaging part of the immediate and post-exposure x-ray effects.
Btw, this recommendation would apply for any x-ray anywhere in the body. If you are getting a CT scan, which is essentially an x-ray on steroids, I would up take the combo for at least a week after the CT scan.
The dosage of each ingredient individually shown to provide some protection is 15mg methylene blue, 1,000mg niacinamide, 1,000mg aspirin, and 400mg caffeine."
Hold Out Hope For Tooth Re-mineralization Or Go To Dentist?
If I hold the mat to protect you that is provided over my thyroid would this stop it from damaging it? I would ask for two if I had to and directly hold it over my thyroid.

OP
E

EIRE24

So it's an ultrasound I am going for today not an X-Ray, are ultrasounds as harmful?

X3CyO

Ultrasound? Nice. You're gonna be perfectly fine.

Hope you figure out what's causing those stones bro. If it's oxolates don't forget to use some baking soda to neutralize them when you cook veg. like kale and spinach.

OP
E

EIRE24

Hope you figure out what's causing those stones bro. If it's oxolates don't forget to use some baking soda to neutralize them when you cook veg. like kale and spinach.
Thanks man. So I should add baking soda to my cooked greens? I usually cook them and use the water to cook my rice in so I get the calcium and other goods from them? I should add baking soda?

OP
E

EIRE24

The scan was all clear so means no big stone. They want to put me on an anti biotic but I'm not so sure I want to go on it. If I have to, should I ask for a specific one?

X3CyO

Thanks man. So I should add baking soda to my cooked greens? I usually cook them and use the water to cook my rice in so I get the calcium and other goods from them? I should add baking soda?
That's what I do. As for antibiotics... I'm sure someone more experienced can help.

OP
E

EIRE24

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals