A 3rd Opinion - What does this blood test mean?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It’s also important to note that some foods such as soy contain high levels of phytic acid, which binds to molybdenum and can prevent the body from absorbing it. One study found that only 57% of molybdenum from soy was absorbed by the body, as compared to 88% from kale (12).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is an enormously helpful thread as I’m navigating my dad’s cancer situation. Thank you @Rinse & rePeat and everyone
Peachy that just made my day hearing you say that! It makes me want to do more to help your dad, and I will! I have been putting most of my cancer info in this other thread of mine lately, just because the name is more specific….

Peachy

Peachy that just made my day hearing you say that! It makes me want to do more to help your dad, and I will! I have been putting most of my cancer info in this other thread of mine lately, just because the name is more specific….

Oh great! Thank you!

OP
Rinse & rePeat

David PS

Divide and Conquer is a war strategy that aims to gain and maintain power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Divide and Conquer is a war strategy that aims to gain and maintain power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy.
🤓

“Win through your actions not your arguments.”

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I think there are several reasons for avoiding x-ray tests of bone density, besides the simple one that everyone should eat a bone-protective diet, regardless of the present density of their bones.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Even seemingly identical x-ray machines, or the same machine at a different time, can give very different estimates of bone density.[3-10] Radiologists evaluating the same images often reach very different conclusions.[11] Changes in the tissue water and fat content can make large differences in apparent bone density,[12] and estrogen, which affects those, could appear to cause improved bone density, when it is merely causing a generalized inflammatory condition, with edema. A machine that is accurate when measuring an aluminum model, won’t necessarily give meaningful results when the composition of the tissue, including the bone marrow, has changed. Calcification of soft tissues can create the impression of increased bone density.[13] Studies of large groups of people show such small annual losses of bone density (around 1%), especially in the neck of the femur (which is important in hip fractures) that the common technical errors of measurement in an individual seem very large.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 1969, two years before the war against cancer had begun pouring public money into the pockets of the cancer establishment, Harry Rubin gave a lecture that criticized the cancer establishment’s claim that it was curing cancer. He cited a study by a pathologist who had looked for cancer in the tissues of people who had been killed in accidents. He found identifiable cancers in the tissues of everyone over the age of fifty that he examined. If everyone over 50 has histologically detectable cancer, then the use of biopsy specimens as the basis for determining whether a person needs treatment has no scientific basis.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The incidence of several inflammatory diseases, for example Crohn's disease, a chronic inflammation of the intestine, has been increasing during the last 50 years in the industrialized countries, and at the same time, the incidence of several liver diseases has also been increasing.

The entry of bacteria into the blood stream, which can lead to septicemia, is ordinarily considered to be of importance only in extreme immunodeficiency states, such as old age or in premature infants, but the death rate of young adults from septicemia has been increasing rapidly since the 1940s.

The permeability of the intestine that allows bacteria to enter the blood stream is very serious if the phagocytic cells are weakened. Carrageenan poisoning is one known cause of the disappearance of macrophages. Its powerful immunosuppression would tend to be superimposed onto the immunological damage that has been produced by radiation, unsaturated fats, and estrogens.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One hospital in southern Vietnam admitted 437 septicemia patients between mid-1993 and 1994; 23% of the adults died.
In 8 months, 17,000 seals died of infections in Europe. In California, many seals die with an unusual form of metastatic cancer. Seals are highly contaminated with industrial dioxins.
In Africa, aflatoxin is strongly associated with immunodeficiency. In animals, both dioxin and aflatoxin activate the expression of viruses.
Endometriosis is stimulated by dioxins. Environmental estrogens affect the immune system. “ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 1989 I pointed out that septicemia, blood stream infection, in young adults, which used to be a rare thing, and which indicates defective immunity, has been increasing in a remarkably continuous way since the late 1940s, and I reviewed the many things in our environment that are known to suppress immunity, and which have become increasingly prevalent in our environment--unsaturated vegetable oils, ferrous iron and carrageenan in our foods, lead in air, food, and water, exposure to medical, military, and industrial ionizing radiation, vaccinations, pesticides, chlorinated hydrocarbons, nitric oxide (smog and medications) and oral contraceptives and environmental estrogens, in particular. Of these factors, only radiation and lead exposure have decreased in the last several years, after several decades of rapid increase. The widespread use of diuretics in pregnancy, which began in the 1950s and contributed to an epidemic of premature births, also declined after the late 1960s. Most of these environmental factors damage the thymus gland, which regulates the immune system, and by acting on the thymus their effects tend to be additive with other immunosuppressive factors, including cancer, traumatic injury, inflammation, toxins in spoiled food (e.g., aflatoxins) and malnutrition.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One of the most broadly substantiated principles in biology is that a great variety of harmful causes all lead to a few forms of biological harm--the concept of the stress reaction shows the powerful implications of the principle. Stress, no matter what the specific cause, has a particularly destructive effect on three organ systems: The nervous system, the immune system, and the reproductive system. Inflammation, lipid peroxidation, tissue atrophy, the "calcium catastrophe" (when almost anything goes wrong, calcium can transmit and amplify and extend the problem, but isn't itself the source of the problem),” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Stress also activates the endonucleases, which cut sections out of the DNA molecules, and activates mobile genetic elements, producing genetic instability. “ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The rise of the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome during the last 50 years hasn't been the only health problem that has grown rapidly during that time. The "flesh eating bacteria," causing necrotizing fasciitis and related conditions, should probably be classed along with septicemia/bacteremia as the consequence of a weakened immune system, but there are many other diseases that have followed a similar pattern, which might be caused by the same factors which are causing immunodeficiency. Thyroid diseases (mostly in women), some autoimmune diseases including primary biliary cirrhosis (mostly in women) and inflammatory bowel disease, liver cancer, diabetes (doubling in children since 1949), prostate cancer, decreased sperm counts, premature births and birth defects, minimal brain dysfunction-attention deficit-hyperactivity, cerebral palsy, premature puberty (which is associated with premature birth), congestive heart failure, osteoporosis (independently of the changing age-structure of the population), depression (most common in women, more than doubling among children in recent decades), and multiple sclerosis have increased in prevalence during this period. Some of these conditions are strongly associated with each other, for example, primary biliary cirrhosis, breast cancer, and osteoporosis.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Analysis showed a 37% reduction in overall cancer incidence with iron reduction and reduced cancer-specific and all-cause mortality among patients who developed cancer in the iron reduction arm compared with those in the control arm.”

“Findings from this study support the hypothesis that ambient levels of body iron stores represented by the serum ferritin level are associated with cancer risk and that lowering iron levels reduces cancer risk.”

“In this study, iron reduction appeared to begin reducing cancer risk relatively soon (within 6 months) after randomization. This timing presumably reflects an effect on incipient malignant disease and is consistent with the observation that increased risk of malignancy following blood transfusion is evident within 6 months ( 16 )”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When nerve cells are excited for a fraction of a second, they take up sodium and calcium, but quickly eliminate them. Prolonged excitation, leading to fatigue, can gradually shift the balance, allowing more substances to enter, and to stay longer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The second error occurred when her CT showed a normal appendix but her doctors noted a spot on one lung and decided that it warranted a follow-up CT. Such incidental findings are so common doctors have a name for them: incidentalomas.

Expert advice is to ignore the vast majority of those results because slight abnormalities seen on scans are very common but rarely harmful. Yet many doctors find the urge to order follow-up tests irresistible. For the 11-year-old girl, the CT didn't reveal a tumor or any other problem, but over the next two years her doctors recommended repeat scans of her lungs, all of which would further increase her cancer risk.

"Stories like this occur every day in the United States," Santa and his co-authors wrote. "This unfortunate sequence of patient harm, waste, and needless anxiety could have been completely avoided with an ultrasound. None of this had to happen. None of this has to happen."”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals