38 Male UK. Tired Of Being Like The Walking Dead

OP
D

Diddleum

I don’t know man the more i fiddle with the dopamine subject I’m starting to come to realize that unless dopamine is there in the first place you wont have the drive and energy to do it. I mean the whole point of doing activities to raise dopamine does not sound legit if you have a dysfunction of your dopamine system. How are you gonns get a hit of dopamine if your brain cant make enough of it to produce that hit. Once your tyrosine hydroxylase is up your brain will be able and the drive will come back. Im certain about it that if you have a dopamine dysfunction you cant fix it by forcing yourself to accomplish things. Its like trying to get a boner without hormones. Its not possible. Im sure that our mood, energy and drive is not personal traits. Its controlled by these neurotransmitters and when they are optimal thats when people tend to say that they are really feeling like their trueselves. An example is that most people who do take bromantane which helps upregulste tyrosine hydroxylase describes it as having the energy to be more like your true self. Like you always wanted and imagined it to be. And ofc. Lying in bed and not having any motivation to do anything sure doesnt feel like a fullfilling life anyone wants to live. I’ve become so sensitive to when my dopamine is good and when it’s low its silly. I know exactly the symptoms. When dopamine is high i dont even have to think about getting stuff done. I just start working automatically and get stuff done. Nothing feels hard everything is a breeze. And your mood is always up. So many people suffer though from low dopamine.

it seems bromantane isn’t available any more. Every site says it’s out of stock. Even the Russian ones. Appatently it all came from
China and there has been a strict ban it recently.

must be something bad about it if it’s been banned.

milkboi

I don’t know man the more i fiddle with the dopamine subject I’m starting to come to realize that unless dopamine is there in the first place you wont have the drive and energy to do it. I mean the whole point of doing activities to raise dopamine does not sound legit if you have a dysfunction of your dopamine system. How are you gonns get a hit of dopamine if your brain cant make enough of it to produce that hit. Once your tyrosine hydroxylase is up your brain will be able and the drive will come back. Im certain about it that if you have a dopamine dysfunction you cant fix it by forcing yourself to accomplish things. Its like trying to get a boner without hormones. Its not possible. Im sure that our mood, energy and drive is not personal traits. Its controlled by these neurotransmitters and when they are optimal thats when people tend to say that they are really feeling like their trueselves. An example is that most people who do take bromantane which helps upregulste tyrosine hydroxylase describes it as having the energy to be more like your true self. Like you always wanted and imagined it to be. And ofc. Lying in bed and not having any motivation to do anything sure doesnt feel like a fullfilling life anyone wants to live. I’ve become so sensitive to when my dopamine is good and when it’s low its silly. I know exactly the symptoms. When dopamine is high i dont even have to think about getting stuff done. I just start working automatically and get stuff done. Nothing feels hard everything is a breeze. And your mood is always up. So many people suffer though from low dopamine.

I agree. But still, forcing yourself to get ***t done when not in a so good mood seems preferable to just procrastinating.

Do you know how aspirin's effect on tyrosine hydroxylase compares to bromantane in terms of strength?

marsaday

I am in the UK and we sound similar, but have slightly different issues.

I was 37 when i discovered an issue with thyroid. Before that i was on anti d's for years. Now aged 48 and doing better than ever.

My issue was thyroid, but low testosterone was also involved. In the last year i have seen my SHBG climb (not as high as you but enough to make things not so good). I have started on the Test gel and doing well. Also using HCG which is very useful. Some people find HCG on its own useful.

I will link to DR Robert Stevens in Poole, UK. I think he is the best UK doc working in the testosterone field. I would have seen him, but i am in Yorkshire and i ended up seeing Dr savage in doncaster who is also very good. He told me about Dr Steven and i think he uses his blog and Utube vids to educate himself on this topic.

This is just one of his random vids that he posts most days. He looks a bit amateur, but when you get into his style his knowledge is very good.

There are loads of supplements you can look into, plus the hormones, but i would ask have you used specifically pregnenalone before ? If not it is worth a shot, but it needs to be tried in small doses first. 5mg per day for 5 days then have a day off. It may really help with anxiety. The key to using supplements is to find the level your body needs. Trial and error is your only way to work out how to move forward.

Kingpinguin

it seems bromantane isn’t available any more. Every site says it’s out of stock. Even the Russian ones. Appatently it all came from
China and there has been a strict ban it recently.

must be something bad about it if it’s been banned.

The website I get it from has it in stock. Dunno the source of it though but the same risk you take with any substance and its purity. The safety of the actual compound is up for discussion but the adamantanes have been around for 60 years now with tons of research on its benefits and safety. Bromantane has long been used as a medication for parkinson. Bromantane itself been around for 40 years. Russia gave it to their soldiers to improve recovery times in battle and strengthen the mind. Then extensive research of it was made in the sports medical area with great results but 1996 it was banned as a doping agent since it improved performance so well. 2005 It was reintroduced as a medication against neurasthenia which basically is a diagnosis of weakeness of nerves and the nervous system giving rise to symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, anxiety, high blood pressure, depression, neuralgia and heart palpitations. Thats when it became a perscription drug named ladasten. Haiduts product diamant which contains adamantane claim to have some of the same properties as bromantane since is based on the diamondoid structure. So is memantine you mentioned earlier. Anyways its my opinion thay compared to many other nootropics people buy and use where theres absolutely no research on its safety, bromantane on the other hand and the other adamantanes been around for 60 years with extensive research on its safety. I personally is not concerned about the safety of the actual substance. But purity can be up to debate. My source of bromantane has a long reputation of giving good results to people with no ill effects afaik. Optimal would probably be to get the actualy pharma grade ladasten product.

OP
D

Diddleum

I am in the UK and we sound similar, but have slightly different issues.

I was 37 when i discovered an issue with thyroid. Before that i was on anti d's for years. Now aged 48 and doing better than ever.

My issue was thyroid, but low testosterone was also involved. In the last year i have seen my SHBG climb (not as high as you but enough to make things not so good). I have started on the Test gel and doing well. Also using HCG which is very useful. Some people find HCG on its own useful.

I will link to DR Robert Stevens in Poole, UK. I think he is the best UK doc working in the testosterone field. I would have seen him, but i am in Yorkshire and i ended up seeing Dr savage in doncaster who is also very good. He told me about Dr Steven and i think he uses his blog and Utube vids to educate himself on this topic.

This is just one of his random vids that he posts most days. He looks a bit amateur, but when you get into his style his knowledge is very good.

There are loads of supplements you can look into, plus the hormones, but i would ask have you used specifically pregnenalone before ? If not it is worth a shot, but it needs to be tried in small doses first. 5mg per day for 5 days then have a day off. It may really help with anxiety. The key to using supplements is to find the level your body needs. Trial and error is your only way to work out how to move forward.

have you had issues your whole life?

ive played about with test and hcg for 6 months and didn’t get anywhere. Sort of written it off. My test was up to 100 at points on the uk scale but I literally felt no different. Don’t think it’s my answer.

Taking preg at 100mg a day.

Kingpinguin

I agree. But still, forcing yourself to get ***t done when not in a so good mood seems preferable to just procrastinating.

Do you know how aspirin's effect on tyrosine hydroxylase compares to bromantane in terms of strength?

For sure lying around procrastinating is not gonna get you anywhere. I always had a bit of trouble with procrastination. That’s why I’ve the past year made it my mission to figure out the source of it. And that’s how I’ve reached the conclusion that dopamine is probably the one biggest factorthat governs motivation in life. I’ve made a lot of progress defeating my own procrastination issues along the way thanks to me researching the subject.
Aspirin has so many mechanism of improving the organism that i’m not suprised that it upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase. Many things can help you do that. But I can’t compare aspirin even close to bromantane in its effects on motivation from my experience. Whats good though is that you only need a very tiny dose aspirin to get an increase in tyrosine hydrox. Think it was 20mg or something like that. Anyway they are not comparable. And I think for aspirin to work you have to fix your underlying problems why your tyrosine hydroxylase is not functioning properly. For me I did find out about the connection between tyrosine hydroxylase and iron and thats when I did find out I had low iron. Once I got my ferritin levels high enough my motivation came back, brain fog went away. I started to only need 7 hours of sleep instead of 10-11 hours. A very common drug to treat for example restless leg syndrome is pramipexole which is a strong dopamine agonist. I did suffer rls for a long time. Google iron and rls and you find out that people with rls display low brain ferritin. All research points to this as a cause. The low brain iron causes a disruption in dopamine synthesis. They treat it with pramipexole to increase the dopamine again. Same with ADHD. Its a dopamine diagnosis. Thats why they treat them with amphetamines. But research shows that most people with ADHD suffer from low iron. The fact that low iron causes fatigue, brain fog etc has nothing with oxygen or red blood cells to do. Iron as a mineral has so much more functions in all animals. Cytochrome C oxidase cant exist without iron and its the last step into making ATP in cells. Low iron has been shown to reduce cytochrome C thus impairing cellular respiration and energy metabolism. Low iron is linked to increased lipid peroxidation and higher levels of maldonialdehyde. Actually there’s studies showing its worse to have low iron than moderately high iron. Only very high iron was able to cause more damage than low iron stores. Then for proper dopamine function you also have vitamin D is another extremly important player. Copper also important but I believe it’s because its relationship with iron metabolism. Then several of the B-vitamins such as B6, folate and B12 deficiency can also cause dopamine dysregulation.

marsaday

have you had issues your whole life?

ive played about with test and hcg for 6 months and didn’t get anywhere. Sort of written it off. My test was up to 100 at points on the uk scale but I literally felt no different. Don’t think it’s my answer.

Taking preg at 100mg a day.

Issues started age 21.

Any hormone out of balance is not good. High testosterone is not a good thing.

100mg preg per day is way to much. Sounds like you go for big supplement usage generally. Much better to go small. Small is better because you can move upwards and see what is happening a little better.

I would try see the UK doc i mentioned or at least review his vids. Very useful stuff.

What doses of HCG did you use and what about testosterone ?

Dave M

Hello,

I’m starting a log here, hopefully I’ll keep it up, apologies in advance if I go awol. I do keep a paper diary but it makes more sense to keep a log here and maybe get help from or help others.

I’m a successful financially free 38 year old 6ft 80kg male. My whole life I’ve struggled with depression, low energy, no libido, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, anhedonia etc etc.

I sleep easily and long but wake up regularly to urinate regularly. Voice is nasal and weak. I suspect estrogen dominance being my major issue.

I’ve taken roaccutane for acne and ssri for depression in the past but both over ten years ago.

thyroid function seems good. Bloods are fine 1.5tsh.

Waking temp this morning was 36.5c 68bpm.
I eat a portion of minced beef/salt and a apple and quickly I am now up to 36.8c.

My temps seem to come up better in the evening and I often see 37C+ after a decent evening meal if I have been eating plenty in the day.

It is UK Winter time atm and despite being a mild winter its cold, so I am pretty satisfied with my temps as a starting point. I dont think my thyroid is in two bad shape.

I have a athletic heart rate which at times has been as low as 40bm.

I have been dabbling with Peats ideas for years on and off, but I am here to have a decent attempt to correct my issues. Ive always suspected diet to having a large part of how I feel. Ive done all the usual low carb, no carb, paleo, primal diets in the past, but nothing extreme for years. I am borderline ortherexic probably, and often consider I am going mental focusing on my health so much.

Generally speaking I feel best when I eat nothing! The more I eat the worse I feel in general. I have zero appetite, could go days without eating if I let my appetite control. Occasionally when I force down massive amounts I feel amazing for a day or two and then crash to even lower than when I started.

Caffeine an make me feel great after the first dose, but after a few days of a few cups it leaves in in complete HELL. Headache depression nausea etc.

I am a muscular lean build, you can see all my abs. I have been my whole life. I used to lift weights but haven’t done in years and I maintain an impressive physique for a 38 year old. I dont do any exercise accept for the physical work I do running my carpet cleaning business part time.

I suspect a estrogen problem. I have no gut issues, I just tried two weeks of strong tetracycline and it didnt do anything for me at all.

I never get strong stress feelings from not eating. I am focusing now on a high protein adequate sugar, a little fat diet. Ive done this for a few days and my morning temp come up from 36.3. My theory at the moment is I haven’t been eating enough protein for my liver to detox estrogen, and I have some what of a build up of it. Anything that increases metabolism like eating a lot, caffeine, exercise leaves me feeling like ***t. Since Ive been eating high protein for 4 days (about 150grams) Ive been feeling like ***t despite my waking temp going up.

Is this a possibility? Pushing metabolism whilst estrogen dominant makes you feel worse? I guess I need to keep going focusing on the protein/carrots/charcoal and hope my estrogen lowers.

I have extremely high SHBG (120nmol!) , decent total T levels, low free testosterone. I have tried injection Testosterone for 6 months, with my levels going from normal to sky high and everything in between. I can honestly say that I could feel no effect from injecting T! It might as well been water I was injecting. This despite my higher test levels being confirmed by blood tests.

Currently sat in bed feeling like ***t, waiting to feel some reprieve. I’m force myself to go on a walk though as the sun is out.

I’ve taking aspirin, have tried almost all peat supplements but no success. Going to focus on consistency with diet.

Your line about eating making you feel bad makes me think you have diabetes/prediabetes. Has a doctor ever measured your fasting insulin? You can have metabolic dysfunction and still be lean. I've dramatically reduced my A1C and fasting insulin by introducing a lot more cardio. 60-90 minutes of zone2 cardio 3-4 times a week made huge difference in my blood markers and my ability to eat and feel good afterwards.

Bart1

That’s my thinking, I have a lot of estrogen symptoms. My blood estrogen results look ok although not a accurate test. I assume the shbg is binding the estrogen to protect as you say.

I’ve always had high shbg, and has increased with age as have my symptoms.

I’m reasonably masculine looking. Muscular, good beard etc.
I read somewhere that prolactin blood test is better to get a good indicator of high estrogen levels

OP
D

Diddleum

Your line about eating making you feel bad makes me think you have diabetes/prediabetes. Has a doctor ever measured your fasting insulin? You can have metabolic dysfunction and still be lean. I've dramatically reduced my A1C and fasting insulin by introducing a lot more cardio. 60-90 minutes of zone2 cardio 3-4 times a week made huge difference in my blood markers and my ability to eat and feel good afterwards.

never had fasting insulin measured.

however I do fail glucose tolerance tests going far to low blood sugar. Doctors I’m uk told me it’s nothing and I’ve got chronic fatigue syndrome. Spent money on a private doctor seeking insulin resistance he put me on the diabetic drug glucophage? But did nothing...

OP
D

Diddleum

Issues started age 21.

Any hormone out of balance is not good. High testosterone is not a good thing.

100mg preg per day is way to much. Sounds like you go for big supplement usage generally. Much better to go small. Small is better because you can move upwards and see what is happening a little better.

I would try see the UK doc i mentioned or at least review his vids. Very useful stuff.

What doses of HCG did you use and what about testosterone ?

I can’t remember but I experimented with lots of dosages.

OP
D

Diddleum

For sure lying around procrastinating is not gonna get you anywhere. I always had a bit of trouble with procrastination. That’s why I’ve the past year made it my mission to figure out the source of it. And that’s how I’ve reached the conclusion that dopamine is probably the one biggest factorthat governs motivation in life. I’ve made a lot of progress defeating my own procrastination issues along the way thanks to me researching the subject.
Aspirin has so many mechanism of improving the organism that i’m not suprised that it upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase. Many things can help you do that. But I can’t compare aspirin even close to bromantane in its effects on motivation from my experience. Whats good though is that you only need a very tiny dose aspirin to get an increase in tyrosine hydrox. Think it was 20mg or something like that. Anyway they are not comparable. And I think for aspirin to work you have to fix your underlying problems why your tyrosine hydroxylase is not functioning properly. For me I did find out about the connection between tyrosine hydroxylase and iron and thats when I did find out I had low iron. Once I got my ferritin levels high enough my motivation came back, brain fog went away. I started to only need 7 hours of sleep instead of 10-11 hours. A very common drug to treat for example restless leg syndrome is pramipexole which is a strong dopamine agonist. I did suffer rls for a long time. Google iron and rls and you find out that people with rls display low brain ferritin. All research points to this as a cause. The low brain iron causes a disruption in dopamine synthesis. They treat it with pramipexole to increase the dopamine again. Same with ADHD. Its a dopamine diagnosis. Thats why they treat them with amphetamines. But research shows that most people with ADHD suffer from low iron. The fact that low iron causes fatigue, brain fog etc has nothing with oxygen or red blood cells to do. Iron as a mineral has so much more functions in all animals. Cytochrome C oxidase cant exist without iron and its the last step into making ATP in cells. Low iron has been shown to reduce cytochrome C thus impairing cellular respiration and energy metabolism. Low iron is linked to increased lipid peroxidation and higher levels of maldonialdehyde. Actually there’s studies showing its worse to have low iron than moderately high iron. Only very high iron was able to cause more damage than low iron stores. Then for proper dopamine function you also have vitamin D is another extremly important player. Copper also important but I believe it’s because its relationship with iron metabolism. Then several of the B-vitamins such as B6, folate and B12 deficiency can also cause dopamine dysregulation.

I’ve ordered it I think. Just waiting for payment to go through.

Thanks

milkboi

Interesting. My doc offered me iron infusions. I might try it. If it feels bad I can always donate blood.

Kingpinguin

Seeing as I have memantine unopened in my draw I’ll start taking while I’m
Waiting for bromantane - 10mg a day. Hoping for a miracle. Sounds great reading this thread.

Diamant - Adamantane Solution For Lab/R&D

yeah memantine likely has some similair effects but not fully. Bromantane has been shown to be much stronger dopamine agonist in that sense than memantine which act more as an NMDA antagonist. Other NMDA antagonists are ketamine and many of the opioids. Obviously the effect if memantine is not similair to ketamine but so you know just because they are diamondoid drugs doesnt mean they are all strong dopamine boosters. MDMA, mescaline and methamphetamine are all phenethylamines with the phenethylamine at its core. Still they produce very different effects.

Kingpinguin

Interesting. My doc offered me iron infusions. I might try it. If it feels bad I can always donate blood.

Iron infusion!? How come? You must have severly low iron if he offers infusions?

i have a supplement combination I use when I feel my brain iron is getting low and I start experiencing symptoms again.
I take a iron supplement combined with copper and vitamin A. The copper and vitamin A increases ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin converts the Fe2 to Fe3. Transferrin has high affinity for Fe3 and its transferrins job to shuttle iron to where its needed. Magnesium i take also it has been shown to increase both iron loading and loading capacity of transferrin protein. So they all work synergestically. Absorbing iron, converting it and transporting it to where its needed. The brain. The nigra striatum is the brain region responsible for most dopamine synthesis. Its named nigra striatum as in black substance in latin. Its because its darker in colour than other brain areas. Why? Because its also the most iron dense brain area and the iron makes it darker by neuromelanin synthesis. So obviously if its the most dopamine synthesizing brain region and its so iron heavy its because it needs a lot of iron to synthesize dopamine.

like to add vitamin C is needed for iron to be loaded onto transferrin. But supplemental ascorbic acid is not good because it opposes ceruloplasmin synthesis. Get your vitamin C from food.
Same goes for high vitamin D can long term deplete retinol so should be used with caution. And zinc supplements oppose copper much more heavily than copper oppose zinc.

Last edited:

Vinny

[QUOTE="Diddleum, post: 488503, member]
Spent money on a private doctor seeking insulin resistance he put me on the diabetic drug glucophage? But did nothing...[/QUOTE]

What???
He, just like that, put you on glucophage (metformin) because you told him you're, supposedly, insulin resistant???

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals