How Long Does Temperature Take To Go Up?

yoshiesque

I have been trying out the Ray Peat diet for about a week now. I am still going at it but I want to ask about body temps. I have been doing the armpit temperature and it seems my temp ranges between 34.5 and 35.5. if i eat food it can go up a bit but not by much. highest ive got is 36. which is one degree off from 36.

question is, how long can it take to start going to optimal temperatures? I thought it was the specific diet/food that you eat that immediately raises temp?

Or is it that I have to do this diet and wait until hormone changes occur? How exactly does it work?

I feel like if I dont eat the moment I starve, im gonna stuff the whole thing up. Its as though I have to keep eating or its a reset.

aguilaroja

yoshiesque said:
I have been trying out the Ray Peat diet for about a week now. I am still going at it but I want to ask about body temps. I have been doing the armpit temperature and it seems my temp ranges between 34.5 and 35.5....
how long can it take to start going to optimal temperatures? I thought it was the specific diet/food that you eat that immediately raises temp?

I recommend finding a different measurement from armpit temperature. IMNHE it is just not reliable. I gathered data about many temperature measurement methods over many years with myself and many other people, including checking many methods (armpit, ear, oral, forehead, etc.) at the same time and repeatedly in the same person. I had many (conscientious, educated) friends check armpit temperature and record values that were clearly not in the ballpark or not compatible with life.

My experience is similar to Dr. Peat's: oral temperature or ear (drum) temperature is practical. If there is time, repeat the oral temperature a few times if using a digital thermometer and use the highest value. If using the ear thermometer and there is time, measure both ears and use the highest value.

My experience is that tracking "signs" (resting temperature and pulse) and symptom relief together is a better indicator than either alone. Many times people feel noticeably better more quickly than the resting temperature comes close to the ideal.

Mittir conveyed that "RP mentioned that it usually takes long time to raise pulse but can quickly raise temperature."
viewtopic.php?t=4859#p57366

There may be different parts of this. When metabolism is depleted for a while, such as in hypothyroidism, it may take a while for the trends to be consistently improved. A low thyroid person, for instance, can be very influenced by the ambient/room temperature.

"Short term" trends, like warming after a supportive meal or supplement, can be quicker. Temperature improvement from before to after a meal or support may be a good clue to what consistent supports are most helpful.

(Be aware that oral temperature is influenced by recent hot or cold food/beverage in the mouth. So avoid relying only on oral temperature measurements immediately a meal.)

I am being less specific, since things depend on the individual background. It can take days or weeks for things to consistently and markedly trend up with the temperature. If things are taking months to trend up, careful adjustment of supports would help.
---
viewtopic.php?t=4859#p57402

"RP recommends oral or ear drum measurement. He thinks underarm measurement
is unreliable if there is extra fat there."

OP
Y

yoshiesque

hey man!

i just wanna say thanks for the advice, this info will definitely help me while im going through this new diet. i really love the support on this forum!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals