Good Quality Vitamin E

natedawggh

Hello all,

I have been experimenting extensively on myself with various brands of tocopherols, and I would like to share my experience. Unfortunately, my experience with the Unique E brand of mixed tocopherols is NOT very positive. Initially (about 2 years ago) I had a very positive reaction to the supplement but then I noticed that I don't get the energy and libido boost any more. Since I was careful with isolating the supplementation and was only taking Unique E at the time, I suspected that something changed in the supplement. I called the vendor and the sales rep confirmed that the formulation changed but she could not be more specific. I myself noticed that the color of the pills became much lighter. The original container I had bought back in 2010 had pills with very dark amber color with some hints of red. That's how pure vitamin E should look like, and I still keep some of those pills for reference.
The Unique E I bought recently has pills that are much lighter in color, I'd say somewhere between dark yellow and light brown. Very, very different from what I used to buy. So, I bought several bottle of Unique E from different stores just to confirm that it's not an isolated bottle that just happens to be bad. All of them had the same issue, but this still leaves the possibility that it is a bad batch.
I contacted the vendor again and asked for a Certificate of Analysis (COA). The vendor politely declined, but when I started asking about their testing methods and what is the purity of the supplement the sales rep became openly hostile and said something along the lines of "So what's the problem if we add some vegetable oil to the pills? Everybody's doing it and our supplement has the lowest amount of any vendor".
The problem for me is that there is no way to get info on how much is "some vegetable oil". Is it 10%, or 30% or 50%?
So, I did some extensive research and found some other vendors of certifiably pure mixed tocopherols, and the vendor actually offers a COA. Here is the link:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/vitamin-e- ... ls-95.html

The tocopherols are 95% concentration and I can confirm that the product has the same high viscosity, dark amber/reddish color, and subtle taste that the original Unique E formula had. I have attached the COA the vendor sent me.
Just in case somebody thinks that I am pitching a specific product/website, here are some other sources of high concentration tocopherols:
http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/Products ... erols.aspx
http://tkoskin.3dcartstores.com/Vitamin-E_p_57.html

I ordered from all 3 vendors, and the energy/libido results came right back! The results are more pronounced with one of the products but I won't share which one until some other people have had a chance to order and test on themselves. Then we can compare unbiased results.

Anyways, just wanted to share my (not so positive) experience with Unique E (both the company and the product) and provide some additional sources of high concentration tocopherols. I'd be happy to hear other people share their experience as well. I keep searching for quality supplements, so if I find something worth mentioning I will share it with the forum.

I had also been trying Unique E @barbparadise and it is suspiciously flavorless. Even Swanson's cheap non-gmo vitamin E tastes like vitamin E, and I noticed specific effects from the Swanson brand, and now the same but stronger effects from your TocoVit supplement @haidut. Given that Unique E isn't transparent about where their E comes from, I am very suspicious that it even has any Vitamin E in it. It certainly has no health effects.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had also been trying Unique E @barbparadise and it is suspiciously flavorless. Even Swanson's cheap non-gmo vitamin E tastes like vitamin E, and I noticed specific effects from the Swanson brand, and now the same but stronger effects from your TocoVit supplement @haidut. Given that Unique E isn't transparent about where their E comes from, I am very suspicious that it even has any Vitamin E in it. It certainly has no health effects.

The sad part is that their product was actually really good back in 2011 when I first tried it. Within a few months of them hitting the news as the only producer of quality vitamin E the product lost its potency. I still keep a few capsules of their old product that works and the different is night and day - the old one raises pulse and temps and keeps them like that for a few hours. Their newer products are crap. It's like they added something that neutralizes that positive effects. The only things that can do that so potently is one of the estrogenic isoflavones in soy like genistein or daidzein. I am just guessing here but something changes for the worse back in 2011 in that product. I am hoping TocoVit can fill in some of that gap, so thanks for the feedback!

mirc12354

Have not tried TocoVit yet. But Swanson's Maximum-Strength Gamma and Healthnatura's Whole E both work very well for me. Agree about Unique E.

Waynish

The sad part is that their product was actually really good back in 2011 when I first tried it. Within a few months of them hitting the news as the only producer of quality vitamin E the product lost its potency. I still keep a few capsules of their old product that works and the different is night and day - the old one raises pulse and temps and keeps them like that for a few hours. Their newer products are crap. It's like they added something that neutralizes that positive effects. The only things that can do that so potently is one of the estrogenic isoflavones in soy like genistein or daidzein. I am just guessing here but something changes for the worse back in 2011 in that product. I am hoping TocoVit can fill in some of that gap, so thanks for the feedback!

We're missing something I think. All Vit-E products make me feel worse except TocoVit. I can feel significant effects within 1minute... Maybe I've been deficient or something, but thanks - and I think we need to explore the same lines of thinking for other supplements as was used in the production of TocoVit.

Hgreen56

Thank you, Bluebell! Every time I think the list is almost ready to send to Peat, more options appear.

That product does have vegetable oil, but not a lot. I wonder if Peat would prefer a wheat-germ sourced vitamin E in vegetable oil, or soy-sourced vitamin E without any extra oil...
this post was in 2013, now its 2020 and i don't see it in you list Vitamin E supplements with the fewest additives - Toxinless
i gues this supplement is not good?

Hgreen56

Well, I got the Lotion Crafter vitamin E and tried it and my metabolism crashed. I also got really itchy, which to me seems like it effected the liver. Not sure if I took too much, because not really sure how to measure it.
itchy is a cause by effecting the liver?
how does works?

Hgreen56

@Dan Wich
What do you think about these vit e supplement?
Vitamine E

attachment

attachment

235842:347293

chester

I keep hearing that Vitamin E Succinate is one of the higher quality forms of Vitamin E. How equivalent is it to pure Alpha Tocopherol?

Mary Lyn

Has anyone heard of/have opinion on this one?:

Thyro-Protect Vitamin E Complex

"Our focus is on creating the best supplements for the best results. The same goes for our Thyro-Protect Vitamin E. It contains a high concentration of the complete Vitamin E tocopherol complex — HIGH-Gamma, HIGH-Alpha, and with Beta and Delta isomers. Plus, our Vitamin E is all-natural and is completely void of fillers & additives. Most widely available Vitamin E supplements contain only the d-alpha tocopherol (far less effective), are dissolved in thyroid-suppressive oils, and contain potentially harmful excipients. Due to its high purity and concentration, our Vitamin E has a honey-like thickness to it. Contains 2 fl. oz. / 60 ml (60 daily doses) of pure, clean, high -gamma mixed tocopherols Vitamin E oil.

Mixed Tocopherols:

d-alpha (160IU) 108 mg
d-beta 20 mg
d-gamma 607 mg
d-delta 215 mg

other ingredients - none.

The guy selling it knows a lo t about Peat's work and specializes in helping thyroid sufferers. First dose of 1/4 pump, caused raised pulse at bedtime so not able to get to sleep for some time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals